Second Arc (His Art of War) – 62. His Majesty Has Arrived
620 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 62. His Majesty Has Arrived 
It was almost noon when the sound of hooves came from the outside of the Dragon Cross City gate. Gale and several of his troops arrived in the capital, while Dragon Shield Town's security was entrusted to his aide. A proud smile on Gale’s face as he entered the city in vigour. He passed through the quiet streets, his eyes were sweeping around, looking for pastry and sweets shops in the city. Angel had told his plans that the Dragon Cross City's security and the Fallensoar Family's safety would be entrusted to him while Angel went to lead the war in Zephyrus.
The castle's gate opened and Gale spurred his horse to enter. After arriving in front of the entrance, Gale pulled the reins around his hand to stop the horse and stepped into the castle towards the main hall.
"Your Majesty." Gale bowed and greeted Angel who was sitting on the throne.
Angel did not answer, his attention was on a snow owl that flew towards him. Once the bird landed, it turned into a white light that shattered into pieces, leaving a message in his head. 
'We've crossed safety and are waiting for you in Stonemere City.' 
A smirk developed on his lips since it meant Frost, Flare and his army had crossed the Zephyrus border without any suspicion. 
'It seems that my plan to infiltrate Zephyrus territory through the southern route was successful.' 
He turned his gaze to Gale who stood before him. 
"Are all the preparations completed?"
"It's done, Your Majesty," Gale answered.
"Very well, I'll leave Draconis to you."
"I will not disappoint you."
After hearing Gale's answer, he descended from the throne and walked towards the exit.
Angel's feet stepped into the king's chamber where Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania still lay unconsciously. 
"How are they?" Angel asked the servants and doctors who treated them.
"They're fine, Your Majesty. We just need to wait for them to wake up," the doctor replied, bowing his head in fear.
Angel looked at Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania for a moment, confirming their condition once again before giving orders to his guards. 
"Bring Queen Thea to me." Then he turned around while his two guards brought Queen Thea from the bed.
But the doctor and servants immediately blocked them. 
"Your Majesty, even though Her Majesty Queen Thea is in a good condition but she still needs a lot of rest. Her body is still weak, I hope you have the generosity to spare her," the doctor pleaded.
Angel stopped in his tracks and turned toward him. 
"I have let her live and let you treat her, am I not showing enough of my generosity?"
The doctor pressed his lips. Indeed for a king from the enemy kingdom, he was good enough since the others might kill the royal family mercilessly.
"Take her!" Angel ordered once more. Then he turned and continued his steps.
The guards tried to bring Queen Thea but even with Angel's answer the doctor and the servants still resisted. Angel stopped in his tracks once more and turned around. He swung his hand, the dark aura coming out of it, throwing the doctors and servants who blocked his guards. 
"Don't test my patience," he said in a cold voice.
The guards immediately brought Queen Thea and they stepped out of the room into a carriage that was ready in the castle yard. Two of his trusted guards were also already on it. The door closed and their carriage began to move followed by his elite cavalry.
"As soon as you arrive in the forest near the Dragon Cross City border destroy the carriage and go to Dragon Shield Town to regroup with the others," he ordered.
"Yes, Your Majesty," they answered.
Angel pulled Queen Thea who was sitting unconsciously, closer to him, his hand emitted a dark aura. In an instant, both of them disappeared swallowed by the darkness.

*

*

*


Meanwhile, in Stonemere City, Zephyrus. Frost, Flare and his army walked around the city, mingling with the civilians. Instead of making camps that could make Zephyrus' troops aware of their presence, they disguised themselves as merchants from Draconis and stayed in the city.
Frost's gaze swept around him, observing the city's busy streets. Seeing his unusual hair colour, some local traders guessed Frost did not come from Zephyrus and immediately approached him to offer their merchandise. 
"Sir, are you interested in herbal drinks from the Greatwood forest?"
"This is Zephyrus' special herbal tea. It is very good for health, do you want to try it?"
Frost passed them nonchalantly, while his eyes continued to watch around him. A teenage boy in messy clothes offering his merchandise timidly caught his attention. 
"Si-sir, would you like to buy a silk from Euphorion?"
Frost's steps stopped, he took the silk in the boy's hand to make sure the boy did not lie. Based on the texture, he was sure the silk was indeed from Euphorion, but the cloth had already been used. 
"Why do you sell something that has been used?" Frost asked.
The boy looked down and pressed his lips, his tears began to flood, his hands immediately took the cloth in Frost's hand, but Frost did not release it. 
"Answer me," Frost asked again.
After a short pause, the boy finally answered. 
"My mother is sick and I have no more money, sir. That was my father's last gift before he died," he answered in a muffled voice. 
"Your father is from Euphorion?" Frost asked again. From the texture, he could tell that it was low-quality silk that was not sold to other kingdoms. Angel has strict regulations for the product's quality that will be sold out of his kingdom to maintain Euphorion's good reputation. The products that do not meet quality are only allowed to be sold locally. In other words, it was impossible to get the item, unless the boy's father bought it himself at Euphorion.
The boy shook his head. 
"My father is a merchant, sir. He opened a small stall in Pearl Gate City."
Upon hearing the words Pearl Gate City, Frost understood the boy's father was one of the victims of the Pearl Gate City incident. The irony that he didn't know was, it was his king's poison who killed his father. Currently, the news about the Pearl Gate City incident has been spread throughout the Andromeda continent but Angel has not yet announced the cause because he has not got solid proof of Zephyrus' involvement. 
'The Heart Family's poison is very frightening ... As long as they are still in power, then something like this will happen again in the future.'
Frost returned the cloth, took out several gold coins and gave them to the boy. 
"Treat your mother well."
The boy raised his head and took it. 
"Thank you, sir." Then he left happily.
"I've never seen you like this before. Does staying with humans for too long make the ice in your heart melt?" Flare said as she approached him.
Frost turned calmly at Flare. 
"I just do what I need to do."
"Really? But I've seen since you served 'him', you are more human than before."
Frost smirked. 
"Maybe you are right." He admitted that since he served Angel as his master, his opinion of humans changed. Although Angel's attitude is almost similar to him but he is different from the previous king who treated them only as weapons, Angel treated them like humans.
A raven that flew at him interrupted their conversation. Frost quickly realized that the raven was Angel's 'magic messager' and held out his hand. The bird turned into a dark aura that shattered into pieces, leaving a message in his head. 
'I'm at a dark alley near the west gate.'
"He has arrived," Frost said, stepping quickly, followed by Flare and several of his troops.

 

Want to read more? Dun forget to check out my Patreon~
Patreon Members:
Vhail, Nemorus, Royce321, Ainsley, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, Isaac, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, Icewing, saganatsu, and I like books.
Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️
My Patreon-page: https://www.patreon.com/nanakawaichan
My Discord: https://discord.gg/dWeZYYv

12