Second Arc (His Art of War) – 63. A Meaningless Struggle
493 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) Chapter 63. A Meaningless Struggle

"Nggghhh ..." Queen Thea grunted as she moved her head side to side slightly. Her eyes opened slowly, the view of a foreign ceiling began to become even clearer in her sight.

She gasped and tried to move her body, but she could not. Glancing down, she did not see any rope binding her body but strangely she felt like she was tied tightly.

"Your Majesty, she's awake," A woman's voice came from beside her.

She turned to her side and saw Flare sitting in a chair beside the bed.

Meanwhile, Angel, who sat on the sofa near them, put the teacup in his hand and turned to Frost who was standing next to him.

"Order the servants to bring her lunch."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Frost answered and he carried out his orders.

Queen Thea's forehead furrowed in confusion, her eyes staring at Flare.

"Who are you ?!" Then she turned her gaze to Angel.

"Where am I ?!" she said angrily.

"We're in Stonemere City now," Flare replied. Meanwhile, Angel took his teacup again and sipped it nonchalantly. His clothes have changed into the merchant's clothes.

Queen Thea turned her eyes back to Flare.

Flare bowed her head politely, but despite her polite gestures, a smirk adorned her face.

"My name is Flare, Your Majesty. I am one of King Angelus' trusted generals," she introduced herself. 

Queen Thea looked at her in confusion. Stonemere City is Zephyrus' trading city, how did she get here? How many days have passed since she passed out? And what was their purpose of bringing her here? Besides that ... She glanced down once again and realized that her formal dress had also changed into a commoner dress.

"Calm down, I'm the one who changed your clothes," said Flare, as if she knew what Queen Thea would ask next.

"Why am I here? And what is your purpose for taking me?" asked Queen Thea. She could only guess that there was something they had planned since they also changed their clothes into commoner clothes.

After sipping his tea once more, Angel put down his cup again.

"I brought you to pick up your husband and son. Don't you miss them?" he replied casually.

"Do you want to use me to make Esteve give up?!" said Queen Thea angrily.

A slight evil laugh came out of his mouth before he turned to Queen Thea.

"His kingdom has fallen into my hands, and so has his family. What else he can do besides give up?"

Queen Thea gritted her teeth in anger, her only hope that her husband would get news from the 'magic messager' she sent has gone. Because if they were able to enter Zephyrus' territory, it would mean the news had never reached King Esteve.

Remembering her two children, Queen Thea swept her gaze around her.

"Where are Curtis and Tuvania?" she asked worriedly.

"Both of them are fine, they are still in Blue Rock Castle now. You will meet them again after my business with your husband and Zephyrus is finished."

Queen Thea gasped in surprise and turned her eyes back to Angel.

"Do you also want to attack Zephyrus?"

"Of course, Zephyrus has been involved in this war from the beginning. Anyone who wants to try to bring down Euphorion is my enemy," he answered in a firm tone.

Queen Thea's anger peaked. How could a young king like him have gone crazy over war? Is taking down Asteria and Draconis not enough for him? Even he still want to take down Zephyrus?

"Angelus Raizel Moonfall, you really are crazy! I have never seen a bloodthirsty king like you!" screamed Queen Thea.

A breath out of his mouth as a smirk formed on his face. For him, Queen Thea's insult was nothing compared to what he had experienced. Especially his anger when he knew his largest trading city was destroyed along with his people who died in it

"I know my hands have been stained with blood, but I have never been thirsty for blood. I didn't start this war, but it was you who gave me a reason to attack."

Queen Thea could not say anything more, her husband's letter to the king of Asteria indeed had shown bad intention to take over Euphorion's territory. But she did not expect Angel would chase her husband to Zephyrus and take down her kingdom this fast.

Seeing Queen Thea fall silent, he took back his teacup and drank it nonchalantly.

A knocking sound came accompanied by the sound of the door opening. Two maids came in and bowed.

"We've brought madam's lunch, sir."

"Come in," Angel answered.

They closed the door and pushed their little cart towards Queen Thea.

"Since your lunch has arrived, then I'll excuse myself." Flare got up from her chair and moved to the sofa near Angel.

Hearing the maids call her 'madam', Queen Thea saw the opportunity to tell them since they were probably inn's maids. The maid delivered her food to her side and sat beside her. While the other maid helped her to sit down.

The maid's hand took a bowl of soup and started to feed her.

"Miss, can you help me?" whispered Queen Thea.

"What can I do for you, madam?" she asked.

Queen Thea glanced at Angel and Flare, making sure they didn't pay attention to her before returning her attention to the maid.

"Please tell the city guards that Euphorion will attack Zephyrus soon," whispered Queen Thea again.

The maid smiled after hearing her words.

"Your Majesty, I think you are mistaken. We are not real maids, we are General Flare's aides."

Queen Thea gasped in surprise and glanced at Angel. An evil smirk was clearly visible on his face as he turned his gaze to Queen Thea. Seeing her resistance at Blue Rock Castle, he had expected Queen Thea to do everything to escape. Therefore he replaced all the servants with his troops and to avoid people's suspicion because Queen Thea could not move, he disguised himself as a wealthy merchant who brought his sick mother to seek the Heart family's help in the capital.

He made this plan based on the information he got from the 'Dark Agents', in addition to having good fighting skills, Princess Rose Ambrosia Heart also did not hesitate to treat the sick who needed her ability. Therefore he wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to meet her in person and catch her to make King Eudon admit his mistakes more quickly.

"Please behave well, madam," he said in a sarcastic tone.

13