Second Arc (His Art of War) – 64. Draconis’ Convoy Arrival
574 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) Chapter 64. Draconis' Convoy Arrival
Several days have passed, the morning sun shining shyly in Ironwall City's sky, Kingdom of Zephyrus' capital. The city conditions are very crowded, some people are already standing beside the streets, while the guards have spread around them. They all looked eagerly awaiting the kingdom of Draconis' convoy arrival. 
In the crowd, some people who look unfamiliar also stand with them. All of them wore merchant or commoner clothes, their eyes staring at the streets, occasionally they chatted with people around them. They are numerous, but the civilians don't realize it because they spread throughout the city.
"You know? I'm grateful that our princess hasn't gotten married to Prince Ilex yet, otherwise Zephyrus would be in chaos right now."
"You're right. I didn't expect Asteria would be defeated by Euphorion so soon. If they were married, then the king would have to prepare for war against the kingdom of Euphorion."
"I have to admit that the king's plan to hold this engagement to form an alliance with Draconis was brilliant." 
"Yeah, although he did it just in case Euphorion thinks about attacking us. But since the Peace Alliance was disbanded because Asteria has fallen, it would be better if the king immediately sought an alliance."
"You're right, even though I heard Euphorion attacked Asteria because Asteria attacked Pearl Gate City. But Euphorion could have become arrogant and began to attack other kingdoms."
I heard the new King of Euphorion is very frightening. They say his face is cold like ice and he has a very strong power of darkness, he is also very cruel." The man turned next to him.
"You know that famous General of Asteria, General Helias?"
"Yes, I know him, he is the youngest general in the Andromeda Continent. King of Asteria appointed him as a general because of his fighting abilities and his intelligence in leading troops."
"I heard he and his troops disappeared without a trace. Even his corpse was never found. According to rumours, he was captured and the king of Euphorion tortured him to death. While his entire army was killed without mercy."
Fear was clearly visible on the other man's face.
"I think that explains why that cruel king was able to conquer Asteria quickly. Even the famous King of Asteria submitted to him."
"There is nothing worse than a powerful ruthless king. If there is anyone who can kill that cruel king, he will be considered a hero."
"I hope that person will appear soon and give a bad ending to that cruel king."
Some people stared at the two men with unhappy faces, their hands clenched in fury but then they just bowed their heads and swallowed their anger.
Soon their conversation stopped. Some blue military uniformed cavalry passed, followed by Prince Artheur and a blue carriage with the dragon crest in gold. The civilians' eyes were on the royal convoy before them.
"I didn't think Prince Artheur was more gallant than Prince Ilex," the man whispered.
"You're right. Prince Ilex is handsome, but he's not as gallant as Prince Artheur."
"I heard, his fighting ability is almost the same to the late second Prince of Asteria."
"You don't need to mention that traitor. I used to be very impressed with him, but it turns out he actually is a greedy person. Really disappointing."
As their words left their mouths, the last cavalry from the kingdom of Draconis' convoy passed them. Slowly the crowd dispersed themselves. 

*

*

*

Meanwhile, Rose was standing in front of the Scarlet Stone Castle entrance with her formal dress, waiting for the convoy arrival. King Eudon and his two aides also stood beside her. Her eyes looked towards the castle gate but her mind was not there.
'I did not expect, no matter how I fought for Zephyrus, no matter how I tried to help my uncle, no matter how I tried to unite the nobles but in the end, I was only a political tool that had to be sacrificed through arranged marriage. In the end ... My duty is to get married, serve my husband, help him take care of the castle and bear children for him ... '
She knew that sooner or later she would have to do that, but at least not now. Rose knew her kingdom still needed her and more than that her heart was still with the man who died five years ago. Although it sounds stupid but sometimes she hopes that Angel is actually still alive and hiding among the commoners to avoid his family. But of course, that is almost impossible because the person who executed Angel was Ilex.
The kingdom of Draconis' convoy drew closer, King Eudon's smile widened while Rose's expression remained the same. Unlike when Ilex came, even though she did not want this engagement but this time she could no longer avoid it. Like or not, she has to do this engagement. Because now, Zephyrus had no other choice, so did she and her uncle.
Once the convoy arrived at the courtyard, Artheur got off his horse, while some of the servants put a short staircase at the door of the carriage and guided the king who came out of it so he didn't step on his robe.
"Esteve!" greeted King Eudon with enthusiasm. In fact, he does not need formal pleasantries anymore.
"Eudon! It's been a long time!" greeted King Esteve in the same vein.
Rose bowed to greet them.
"Your Majesty, Your Highness, welcome to Zephyrus."
Prince Artheur also bowed to reply to her greeting.
"Thank you for welcoming us, Princess Rose." His face turned red when he saw her. He needs to admit he fell in love with her at first sight when he met her at the Peace Alliance meeting five years ago. But at that time he only had a narrow opportunity to talk to her, after that, he saw her dancing with Ilex and disappeared. On the next day, he tried to find her, but he could not find Rose anywhere. Even then he was willing to miss his opportunity to join Asteria's hunting competition to prove that his abilities were better than the second prince of Asteria. But unfortunately not only could not meet Rose again, but he also could not meet Prince Angelus who was always compared to him.
"Both of you have travelled far away to get here. How about we talk inside?" said King Eudon.
They both simply nodded and entered the castle.
 

The reason they are not aware that the late second prince of Asteria and king of Euphorion is the same person even though they already know his name is in Second Arc (His Art of War) - 70. 

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon Members:
Jonathan Flook, Ayubor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua, Vhail, Nemorus, Royce321, Ainsley, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, Isaac, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, Icewing, saganatsu, and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

13