Second Arc (His Art of War) – 67. Please Give Me A Chance.
521 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) Chapter 67. Please Give Me A Chance.
Rose looked at her reflection in the large mirror before her in the dressing room. She wore a dress with white roses on the top while the bottom of her gown is covered in organza fabric with diamond ornaments. The maids around her were busy tidying up her dress.
After a while, the maids moved away.
"All is ready, your highness."
Rose turned and walked into the next room, where Artheur was waiting for her. The door opened, Artheur immediately stood up from his seat and stunned, a smile adorned his face.
He walked and stopped in front of her.
"You are so beautiful ..." said Artheur, blushing. He wore a white shirt covered in a dark blue vest and suit with gold buttons and matching trousers. The suit that he will wear at tomorrow's engagement party.
His heart was pounding as his feelings began to flare up. He had never dreamed of this, but now he would be engaged to the woman he loved. As long as he can treat her well, Rose has no reason to refuse to marry him and of course, he will help her to forget Angel slowly.
"Thank you," Rose replied simply.
He took her hand slowly and intended to kiss her but again he could feel some calluses in her hand. From its location, he knew it was callused because she was too often holding a weapon.
"Your hand ..."
His words stopped as Rose quickly pulled her hand away and looked down in shame. She knows her hands are not like princesses or high noble ladies.
"It's fine ..." He realized she wasn't confident because of that. His hand took her hand once again and kissed it.
"Rose, I will protect you so you don't need to fight anymore," he said in a soft voice.
"Thank you." Although she was happy that someone wanted to protect her, but becoming a fighter was her decision, because from the beginning her uncle's protection was more than enough. What she really wants is a free life where she can make her own decisions, where she can love freely. But she knew that was impossible because as a member of the royal family she had to prioritize her kingdom interests rather than hers.
Hearing Rose's flat response, Artheur sighed and spoke again.
"Rose, didn't you say you wanted to give me a chance?"
"I did say that, but ..." Rose pressed her lips. She did not know how to say it to Artheur. Because even though it sounds stupid but it's not that easy to replace someone who has lived in her heart for five years. Even though that person was dead, even though she only spent a short time with him.
"Can't I beat a dead person?" His disappointment was clearly heard from his voice. How could be he, a prince who had such a good reputation, a prince who came from a peaceful kingdom, a prince who was loved because of his ability and dedication to helping his people be defeated by a traitor who had died five years ago?
Upon hearing his words, Rose lost her composure as her face turned displeased, but she quickly turned it away.
"I'll change my clothes."
Artheur's hand caught her hand, breaking her movements.
"I'm not asking you to quickly forget him. I'm just asking you to give me a better response, not just formalities like this." Even though he tried, he realized Rose only answered him by a few words or replied to him with a formal answer.
Rose closed her eyes as she took a breath before opening her eyes again and looking at him. Her expression changed slowly.
"Forgive me... I'll try to give you a better response."
"Thank you," Artheur replied. His hand began to release hers slowly.
Rose turned and returned into the dressing room while Artheur entered another dressing room.

*

*

*


After Rose returned in a formal dress and Artheur returned in his uniform they left the room.
"I will go to the gate for a minute," Rose said. It will be lunchtime soon. She wanted to meet the guard who reported about the merchant before they changed him with the other. 
"I will accompany you," Artheur said. He could already guess that Rose was worried about the merchant.
Both of them had just walked towards the gate, but a King Eudon's aide suddenly approached them and bowed.
"Your Highness, His Majesty asked you to go to the dining hall immediately." 
"But it's not lunchtime yet, right?" said Rose in confusion.
"I only carry out the king's orders, Your Highness."
Rose sighed, she knew this must have something to do with her uncle's plan. Because once the Prince or Princess entered the dining hall they had to wait for the king to arrive without being able to go anywhere. In other words, that place was the best place to trap her alone with Artheur.
"Fine," she said in submission as their feet moved forward.
12