Second Arc (His Art of War) – 70. Uninvited Guest
643 10 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 70. Uninvited Guest
The engagement ceremony began, romantic classical music filled the main hall. Rose stood in front of the hall before her future fiancé, Prince Artheur Rayner Fallensoar. Her expression was flat, there was no joy nor sadness on her face because for her, this was just another battle she had to go through. Meanwhile, Artheur realized it, that's why he promised himself that he would protect her, try to make her happy and especially ... He would erase Angel from her heart. For him, losing to the dead was the most humiliating thing in his life.
At the king's throne, King Eudon sat next to King Esteve, who looked happy to see their engagement.
Two officials approached with two small boxes containing their engagement rings. Artheur took the ring and put it on her finger.
But when Rose was about to take the other ring, a guard rushed in. 
"Your Majesty, Eupho-"
Before the guard could finish his report, an arrow flew and killed him. Reflexively, Artheur pulled Rose behind him. His eyes were fixed on where the arrow was fired. While her two knights moved forward as they drew their sword.
The music stopped and was replaced by screams of fear. Everyone panicked and ran to save themselves. Zephyrus troops marched in front of them preparing to attack.
In the midst of chaos, they could see a dark blue-haired man wearing a black military uniform with a bow on his hand, standing in front of the hall's door.
"Who are you?! How dare you barge in!" King Eudon said angrily.
The blue-haired man dropped his bow and walked in casual steps. 
"Forgive my impudence for killing your guard before completing his report. As my apologies, I will replace him to report it to you."
Rose looked at the man's face, her eyes widened in surprise, unable to believe what she was seeing, her heart pounding. Five years have passed, but she still remembers vividly the face of the man she loved, his sharp eyes and cold face. The man who was reported to have been executed five years ago, reappeared before her...
Angel stopped in the middle of the main hall. 
"Your Majesty, King Esteve, Euphorion has captured the Kingdom of Draconis and made Queen Thea Aeleis Fallensoar as their hostage."
King Esteve stood up with an angry expression. He almost opened his mouth as he wanted to throw his anger but Angel interrupted him.
"And one more thing. Your Majesty, King Eudon, Euphorion has broken through Ironwall City. Now they have attacked Scarlet Stone Castle and ruined Princess Rose Ambrosia Heart's engagement."
King Eudon stood up from his throne angrily. 
“INSOLENT! WHO ARE ---” King Eudon's words stopped when he noticed the King of Euphorion's badge on Angel's collar. His face turned pale in an instant.
Angel gave them an evil smirk. 
"Looks like I don't need to introduce myself anymore," he said in a sarcastic tone.
Everyone in the room looked shocked when they realized his identity. Didn't he just conquer Asteria? How could he be here? He even said that he had captured Draconis.
"Angelus Raizel ... You're still alive ..." Rose said unconsciously with a trembling voice, holding back her tears, holding back her legs that were about to move to him.
Seeing Rose's expression, Artheur realized that Angelus Raizel Reinheart, the second prince of Asteria who had died five years ago, was the same person as Angelus Raizel Moonfall, Euphorion's Dark King. None of them realized this because the entire Andromeda continent knew that Reinheart Family could not possess magic power. So they just thought that the new king of Euphorion who came from the commoner only took the late second prince of Asteria's name to cover up that he was not from the royal family. Whereas no one mention about him when they received the news about Asteria's downfall, but he immediately guessed this must be because King Gervis wanted to protect the kingdom of Asteria's good reputation since it would be a great insult if Asteria could be defeated by an exiled prince who was pronounced dead five years ago. Because that means King Gervis had failed twice, failed to execute Angel and failed to protect his kingdom.
Meanwhile, hearing his name being called, Angel turned his gaze to Rose. His smirk faded. Of all the places he went to why did he have to meet her again in this place? Why did he have to meet her again on the battlefield? Why of all the women in the Andromeda Continent he fell in love with her ...
His feelings overwhelmed him, his heart was pounding, his legs seemed to want to move toward her and his mouth wanted to ask her many things. His memories when they were trapped in Asteria's hunting ground replayed in his head, then he suddenly realized ... The poison that Rose used to kill the Shadow Wolf that night was the same poison that Asteria troops used to kill his troops in Euphorion's Northern Outpost. The terrifying scene in Pearl Gate City flashed through his mind, the Dark Agent's reports regarding Asteria's 'fireworks signal' amidst the rebellion in Zephyrus and the rumours about Rose and Ilex's relationship buzzing in his ears.
'I see ... Five years ago, she just tricked me. That's why she asked me to win the competition, so King Gervis would have a reason to punish me, so they could get rid of me easily. The man she loved was Ilex… not me.'
His hand was clenched in anger as his expression returned to cold. For him, the woman who secretly lives in his heart for five years was nothing more than a dangerous enemy who had taken his people's lives and even took his life five years ago. 
"I'll take over this engagement," he said as he pulled out his sword, at the same time dozens of Euphorion troops barged in. 
"Attack them!" he ordered.
The battle of two kingdoms troops turned the hall into chaos. Angel continued to walk toward them as his dark aura began to leak. His hand continued to move, swinging his sword, killing everyone who was blocking him, changing the decorations that were originally white to red.
Rose could only silent as she watched him keep moving forward and approached her. She really didn't know what to do. On one hand, she was happy when she knew Angel was still alive, on the other hand, she was aware that Angel in front of her was not the same person she once knew. His face was still the same but his eyes were somewhat icy cold… she didn't see any gentleness as she saw five years ago. Moreover, there was a frightening atmosphere that surrounds him that made her feel uneasy. But even though she realized he had changed, her heart still said differently.
Seeing Rose still staring at Angel filled with emotion, Artheur's heart filled with anger. Why did a traitor who was already dead like him have to show up and ruined his engagement? And more than that, he had even managed to conquer his kingdom and captured his mother. The man who had been considered his lifetime rival, not only succeeded in taking his kingdom but also wanted to take the woman he loves. 
"Rose, get out of here," said Artheur. His eyes were still on Angel.
Artheur's voice interrupted her thoughts. 
"How about you?" she asked worriedly.
"I won't leave before saving my mother." After his words left his mouth, Artheur stepped forward and joined the battle.
"Artheur!" screamed Rose. She understood why Artheur was so angry but Angel before her was not the second prince of Asteria she once knew, if Artheur came face to face with him, he would die!
Rose's legs started to move, trying to chase Artheur but King Eudon grabbed her hand, pulled her and pressed a statue near the throne. A secret door opened behind it.
Angel immediately realized that they were trying to escape. 
"Flare, stop them!" he ordered, his hand still swinging his sword. 
In a blink, Flare's chakrams flew and hit the statue, a moment later the secret door closed before they could enter it.
As Angel drew near, Rose's two knights quickly stormed at him. But he kept moving forward as he manoeuvred his sword expertly and defeated them in one strike without stopping his step.
He smirked evilly as he kept approaching her. 
"You can't escape from me."
"Artheur, I will entrust Rose to you!" said King Eudon as he released his hand from her and moved forward, blocking Angel.
Upon hearing King Eudon's words, Artheur retreated from the battle and protected Rose.
While Rose could only watch Angel knock down her troops one by one without being able to do anything. Even though she wanted to join the battle to stop Angel, she realized that without her weapon she was just a burden to them. She was only accustomed to fighting using a whip or throwing knife, that's why she never left her weapons. This was the first time she left it because she had decided to put down her weapon for this engagement.
King Eudon threw several poisoned knives at him.
Angel caught all the knives with his hand and dropped them in front of him as if he was mocking King Eudon.
King Eudon pulled out his sword and swung it towards him, but Angel brushed it off easily.
Suddenly King Eudon threw white powder at him.
Angel retreated as he covered his mouth and nose with the back of his left hand.
King Eudon smirked. 
"That poison will kill you in one minute. Now, whatever you do is useless!"
But Angel paid no heed on his words and swung his sword.
King Eudon's sword fell.
"Too bad, your poison has no effect on me." Angel extended his hand, gripped King Eudon's face. His eyes turned piercing cold. His dark aura came out from his hand, enveloping King Eudon accompanied by King Eudon's groans of pain as the terrifying images that Angel saw on Pearl Gate City entered King Eudon's head.
"Uncle !!!" Rose screamed. She tried to approach him, but Artheur blocked her. 
'Is there nothing I can do to stop him? If only I hadn't left my whip in my room. '
"Rose, if you see an opportunity, you have to leave this place as soon as possible," Artheur said as he moved forward once again.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon Members:
babaayagga, Sam Ellis, Tony Hart, Tiago Ferreira, TheAzure, Acedia, Demahom, Blazin185, Freddie, Dan Vaughan, Nemorus, Andre Lee, Meanderaway, David de la cruz, Tekdry25, Alexis Bondfond, Reaper, Haarderade, Michelle Randall, FlameKingPJm, Joecifer, The old cubic slime, Joachim, Jakub, James, Nien78, Corgi, Darth, Jonathan Flook, Ayubor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua, Vhail, Royce321, Ainsley, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, Isaac, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu, and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

13