Second Arc (His Art of War) – 85. Do You Miss Me?
510 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 85. Do You Miss Me?
Rose took out her whip and attacked him repeatedly. While he backed away and continued to dodge. Even though Angel was able to use his full power now, but he had already used a lot of it in the hall earlier plus he had just used his 'Corruption of Mind' many times to interrogate the rebels. He knew he was close to reaching his limit and if he used too much of it, he would have to pay the price. His condition would deteriorate and he would be unable to move just as when he seized Euphorion's throne from King Xenos. And he couldn't let that happen, especially now when he just conquered Zephyrus, besides his authority was not stable yet.
On the other hand, even though he could reshape his sword, but if he used it then he would injure her. He didn't want that. There was a feeling of guilt inside him after he had bad thoughts about Rose in the hall earlier.
His back bumped into a small table with a stack of towels on top. Without wasting any time, he took one of them, approached her and hit her hand, making her whip out of her grasp.
Rose tried to take back her whip, but before she reached it, Angel kicked her whip away. Not wanting to give up, she threw her poison knife again, Angel avoided it but the slippery floor made him lose his balance.
He knew that if he fell, it would be easier for Rose to pick up her whip and attack him again. Since he wanted to end this fight quickly and didn't want to give her a chance to attack him again, before he fell, he grabbed her hand and pulled her, making both of them fall into the pool.
They wrestled in the water, Rose tried to get her knife to attack him but Angel hit and grabbed her hand. The knife in her hand fell to the bottom of the pool. Feeling their distance was too close, Rose kicked Angel to distance herself.
They got up as they gasped for air since it was almost a minute since they wrestled in the water. She tried to get out of the pool, but Angel pulled her hand. Feeling not having the opportunity to take back her whip, she took another poison knife from her belt once again and pressed it to his neck.
"Don't move!" she threatened. At this moment they stood face to face. 
He stiffened a moment and took a glance at the knife on his neck. Then he turned his gaze back to her as a smirk started to appear on his lips.
"Princess Rose Ambrosia Heart, do you miss me so much that you dare to sneak up to see me taking a bath?" he said in a mocking tone. Secretly, he was already flowing his dark aura into her when they wrestled in the water earlier.
She glared at him.
"Angelus Raizel, I come here to kill you!" Even though her feelings were still flared up but she had made up her mind and she would not back down again.
Rose tried to move her hand, suddenly she realized that her body could no longer be moved. Her heart was pounding, this time her fear began to overwhelm her heart.
Angel took the knife in her hand casually and threw it away. Then he brought his face closer to her ear.
"Then it's too bad because you failed," he whispered.
Their bodies were very close, Rose could clearly see Angel's chest muscles under his wet half-opened shirt as a faint smell of his scent lingered tickling her nose. Instantly her heart pounded even harder, her face turned red as she remembered how she changed his clothes five years ago. Love, hate and fear mingled in her heart to the point that she did not understand what she felt or what she wanted. But one thing for sure ... She failed to kill him and according to the agreement, she would get her death penalty.
"If you want to kill me, do it. I already know the consequences if I fail," she said in a trembling voice.
While Angel thought this was a good opportunity to ask her many things, especially about the Slyhelm Town rebellion without having to go through too many formalities or pleasantries. That way he hoped he could get more information from her.
He distanced his face and spruced his wet dark blue hair backwards with his hand, showing his sharp eyes more clearly. The water droplets from his hair wet his cold face.
"It will be a waste if I kill you now, besides you already put on a good show for me tonight."
She frowned in confusion.
"Good show?"
He smirked again and pointed to her wet clothes with his eyes.
She gasped as she just realized some button of her wet blazer already opened, while her wet inner shirt was sticking to her skin, showing her curves clearly. Her face turned even redder.
" Insolent!" she blurted out as she glared at him fierce fully.
He chuckled.
"Are you mad? You're the one who barges in, I'm the one who should be mad at you." Actually, he was shocked when he saw her. A princess barging in while the enemy king was taking a bath was something that had never happened in history and of course, it could tarnish her reputation as an unmarried lady. But, seeing her recklessness in Asteria and her courage in the hall he was not confused by this anymore.
"You-"
Before she could finish her sentence, he put his index finger on her lips.
"Since you already come to my room, I will play with you a little," he said as an evil smirk spread across his face.


11