Second Arc (His Art of War) – 87. His Kindness
511 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 87. His Kindness
Meanwhile, Frost walked towards Rose's chamber in a hurry as soon as a guard reported to him that Princess Rose had disappeared from her room.
"Flare, what happened?" he asked as he entered the room.
"She had disappeared when I came to check on her. But according to the guards' reports, there wasn't any noise or any sign of kidnapping." Her panic was clearly visible on Flare's face. Meanwhile, all the guards search the entire room for some clues.
"General." A guard approached both of them with an empty weapon box in his hands.
They gasped when they saw the box and immediately realized that Princess Rose disappeared because she tried to kill Angel. They turned around.
"All of you come with me," Frost ordered the guard. They rushed out of the room and headed for Angel's room. Frost and Flare's concern was clearly visible on their faces, especially Frost because he knew Angel was already within his limits.
As soon as they arrived in front of Angel's room, they knocked it.
"Your Majesty, I have an urgent matter to report. May I come in?" said Frost. He couldn't enter without permission.
The knocking sounds startled Angel and Rose. Angel knew, Frost probably already knew that Rose had disappeared from her room and he couldn't let them know Rose was in his room.
"You can report it later, I don't want to be disturbed," he answered.
After hearing his answer, Frost's worries worsened because Angel never refused his visit if he wanted to report something important even though it was late. That's why he knew for sure something had happened there.
"Your Majesty, forgive my impudence. I really have to go into your room," said Frost as he opened the door.
As the sound of the door opening was heard, Angel immediately pinned Rose's hands on the sofa and brought his face closer, his lips came down and almost touched her lips. While Rose was silent in shock by his sudden movement. Her heart was beating fast, her face felt hot.
Frost could only be silent and stiffened when he saw them. He knew Angel had never played with a woman like this, besides that he was also aware of Angel's torn shirt sleeve. It was a clean-cut, so he was sure it was because of a sharp object not from being pulled.
Angel distanced his face away from Rose as if he cancelled his intention to kiss her and turned his gaze to Frost.
"Didn't I say I don't want to be disturbed?" he said in a displeased tone.
"Forgive me, Your Majesty," said Frost, looking down. Frost knew Rose was trying to kill Angel, but somehow Angel was trying to protect her. Either way, Frost knew Angel had his reasons.
Meanwhile, Rose's heart was beating fast and her face flushed. But she knew she could not make a voice nor a complaint about what Angel had just done to her. Since he did it to protect her. Because, if the others knew about her assassination, Angel would have no other choice but to sentence her to death
"What urgent matter do you want to report?" he asked Frost.
"Actually, I want to report that Princess Rose is missing and when we checked her room, we found her weapon box was empty. So I decided to ensure your safety, Your Majesty."
Angel turned his gaze back to Rose and smirked.
"She did sneak here, but not to kill me. She just wants to see me before she leaves for Euphorion tomorrow."
"Since you're doing well, I will excuse myself," said Frost. He didn't want to bother him anymore since he thought Angel had some plans with her.
"Wait! Escort Princess Rose back to her room. And keep this incident as a secret, Princess Rose's engagement just failed this morning, it will be bad for her reputation if anyone finds out she has sneaked out to another man's room at night. " Secretly, Angel pulled back all of his dark aura that bound Rose.
"Yes, Your Majesty," Frost said as he bowed.
He held out his hand to Rose. She took it and got up as she realized she was able to move her body as before. Rose stood before him and bowed.
"Thank you for giving your time to chat with me, Your Majesty."
Realizing that Rose's dress was still wet, he took his blazer and gave it to her before she left.
"Put it on. You can return it tomorrow."
She took the blazer from his hand in hesitation.
"Thank you for your kindness, Your Majesty." She put on his blazer over her shoulders and bowed one more time before heading out with Frost.
As the door in front of him closed, Angel smiled.
"We'll meet again at Euphorion. Rose Ambrosia Heart."
11