Second Arc (His Art of War) – 17. What Are You?
2k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun in the sky above the Dead Forest began to hide in the Western horizon. Angel spurred his horse, followed by Frost, Flare and his army. The thick dark aura that coming out of his body made the monsters around them only lurk from behind the trees or bushes while curled in fear as they passed.

They had passed through the forest for several hours, the sweat that drips from his face getting more and more, his hands began to tremble as he continued to endure the pain that pierced his chest, suppressing the power of the crystal over him. He allowed the crystal to absorb the forest's evil atmosphere. If he kept inside him for too long, the crystal became stronger and it will take over him completely. Slowly, the view of the dead trees around them changed into views of cliffs and mountains, the black soil changed to the ordinary soil.
"Frost, Flare lead them to the field under the cliff. We will make our camp there," Angel ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty," they answered.

After hearing their answers, Angel swung the reins around his hand, turned his horse to the side and waited until his entire army came out of the forest. He makes sure no one was left behind before he got off from his horse and extended his hand toward the forest. The dark aura came out of his hand and covered the forest, slowly the pain that pierced his chest disappeared. He lowered his hands after returning the entire evil atmosphere to the forest.
"Absorbing the whole forest's dark forces seems too much for me."

He staggered backwards while breathing heavily, but suddenly someone was supporting him from behind.
"Your Majesty, don't overexert yourself," Frost said worriedly.

"I'm fine," he back to his feet and returned to his horse. "Let's go, we have to gather with the others," he said while swung the reins around his hand and kicking the side of his horse.

Frost back on his horse and followed him from behind, his eyes fixed on the back of the king who spurred his horse in front of him. He noticed Angel's pale face and the sweat that running down on his face.
"Your Majesty, you are not look fine to me."

*

*

*

The sun slowly sets in the western horizon, the sky at the Southern border of Asteria slowly darkens. The Euphorion army's tents were already set on the field under the cliff near the Dead Forest. Several groups of troops were seen guarding the camp. While the others are seen resting and chatting near a campfire to warm themselves.

Angel sat on the edge of the cliff while looking towards the camp. It was the same cliff when Ilex executed him and the field where his troops had camped was the Whitedevil Rose field, where he died five years ago.
"It never crossed my mind. Five years ago I was slandered as a rebel, even though I did not. Now I am leading an army to attack Asteria. That makes me a real rebel." he let out a slight bitter chuckled. "It's really ironic... The Loyalty sword wielder ended up being a traitor." He raised his head to look at the half-moon in the sky. "If father still alive, he would be ashamed to recognize me as his son."

Frost's voice interrupted his thoughts.
"Your Majesty, I'm looking for you everywhere."

He turned his gaze to Frost.
"Is there something you want to report?"

"No, I'm just worried about you."

He frowned in confusion.
"Why are you worried about me?"

Frost went silent for a while, unsure of how to say it without being deemed as disrespectful, but Angel waited on him to continue to speak.

Finally, Frost opened his mouth.
"I noticed, your condition was abnormal. I can feel there are two forces fighting each other in your body. Are you really fine?"

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry," he replied casually.

Frost looked at him worriedly for a moment.
"The power inside him is not normal. I can feel he fighting against that dark force desperately. An enormous dark force, which even we spirits cannot possibly hold to such amount of power. But he... how could he possibly be able to hold it? "
"Your Majesty... No, Angelus Raizel, what exactly are you?" Frost asked bluntly.

Angel shocked at Frost's blunt question, but then he let out a sighed and gave him a bitter smile.
"I don't know either." He looked at the scar on his hand.
"I once died and lived again, but I am not an undead. I have a normal human body but my regeneration, my power is not normal. Even spirits like you find me strange..."

"Is that all because of your dark power? "Frost guessed.

He turned his gaze back to Frost.
"More or less."

Frost paused at his answer, his worries clearly visible on his face.

Angel noticed his expression, he stood up and gave Frost a pat on his shoulder.
"You don't need to think about it. I know my limit. Don't worry too much."

Then he walked past Frost.

"Your Majesty," Frost said.

He stopped his steps.

"You are our master. Share your burden with us. Don't bear it yourself," Frost continued.

A smile developed on his face after hearing Frost's words.
"Thank you," he replied before he continued to walk.

43