Second Arc (His Art of War) – 19. Captured Southpoint Town
1.9k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several days had passed, the morning sun shining brightly in the sky at Southern Forest, Asteria.

Angel and his troops were ready on the hill near the forest. Their eyes fixed at the town that looks peaceful down the hill. The town name is Southpoint Town.

A few days ago he had received a 'magic messager' from Gaia who reported his victory at the Asteria South Outpost. Gaia has also released General Collett and several magic users to report their defeat to King Gervis. Everything is according to his plan. He had also received reports from dark agents about King Gervis' order to send the elite troops to the southern outpost and additional troops to secure Southpoint Town. Elite troops had passed through the town a day ago. While additional troops should be just arrive this afternoon. This means currently the town was defenseless.

"Flare, I entrusted this battle to you," he ordered.

"I will not disappoint you, Your Majesty," she replied.

After hearing her answer, he swung the reins around his hand and kicking the side of his horse, followed by Frost, the Black Devil army and a half of the Black Wing army. They took a detour through the forest and headed straight for Eternal Harmony City, while Flare would lead another half the Black wing army to attack Southpoint Town as a diversion.

Flare kicking the side of her horse slightly and walking among her troops.
"Black Wing, listen to my orders! We must take the town before noon! We will make them know that no one can trample on the sovereignty of Euphorion!"

Which was responded by shouts from the troops.
"Fill them with regret!"

She turned her horse to face the town as she shouting Euphorion's battle cry.
"For the light!"

"For Euphorion!" they replied.

Then they spurred their horses, stormed at the town gates.

Seeing Euphorion's troops storming towards the town, the guards immediately rang the bells as emergency signs, some guards turned the iron handles trying to close the town's gate.

Flare swung her two fingers, Euphorion's arrows were fired at them, slowing down the guards to close the gate. The guards panicked and tried to speed up to close the gates as they got closer. Flare swung her three fingers forward and gave another order.
"Explosion!"

The magic users cast an 'explosion spell' at the gate that was only half closed, throwing the guards in all directions.

-Boom! -Boom! - Boom!

The Euphorion army passed through the gates and headed for the town hall while defeating the Asterian troops who were blocking them. The sound of the clashing sword could be heard from all directions. The civilians who had hidden in the houses and buildings around them could only peek out of the window watching their battle.

Flare and her army spurred their horses toward the white mansion with an iron fence around it. The fence was closed and Asterian troops already gathered at the courtyard. Flare raised her two fingers ordered the archers to get ready. Upon seeing the signal, the Asterian troops immediately hid, since their magic user had not ready yet to cast a 'magic barrier' to protect them.

She smirked, suddenly she moved her hand down, cancelling her command and waving her three fingers forward.
"Explosion! Gate!" she ordered.

The magic users cast their 'explosion spells' towards the city hall gate.

-BOOM!

A large explosion sound was heard, the iron fence was destroyed. Euphorion's troops stormed in and attacked them. The Asterian troops fell one by one, some of her troops immediately entered and captured the Mayor.

Without knowing about the war and the town's conditions that were not ready to counter their attack, in just one hour Southpoint Town was captured by the Euphorion Troops.

Flare and some of her troops brought the Mayor who was already bound to the city gates to greet the additional Asterian troops that would come. Some of her troops had spread to secure the town and the other gates.

A boy suddenly throws a stone from the side of the street.
"Go away, you cruel woman!"

She caught the stone, got down from her horse and approached him. The boy's mother quickly hugged him and begged.
"Please forgive him, miss general. He doesn't know anything," she pleaded.

Flare knelt one foot to equalize her height with the boy. But despite her polite gesture, her eyes stared intently at the boy.
"We, Euphorion soldiers are cruel but only to our enemies. We will not harm the civilians according to our military etiquette." she stretched out her hand and opening her fist which contained the stone that the boy had thrown. The boy was just about to take the stone in her hand but suddenly the stone was burned. The boy immediately pulled his hand away and hugged his mother in shock.
"But if anyone opposes us, we are also given the authority to get rid of them. So be nice," she added.

Flare stood up, got on her horse and moved forward followed by her army.

39