Second Arc (His Art of War) – 9. Kidnapping The Princess I
1.9k 10 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Angel stared at her for a few moments.

"Looks like she already knew the truth."
"Miss, I will give my advice... There's no point loving a dead person. He won't be able to return your feelings, " he said in a calmer voice.

"You're right. But, this feeling is so precious for me. I won't throw it away... " she paused a moment before turned her gaze to him. "Forget it. A heartless person like you won't understand."

Angel was silent. Somehow, Ophelia's words made his heartache. He knew that she had treated him well, but he could never repay her. He was always afraid that his presence would cause trouble for her... Not only for her but also for everyone. King Gervis's first words after he regained consciousness fifteen years ago replayed in his mind.
"My brother died because of you! All because of you!"

Since then, he always blamed himself for his father's death. Later, he distanced himself from everyone, never allowing himself to show his emotion, because he was afraid he would bring trouble to them. 

"Sir, I won't trouble you anymore. Please don't report to anyone if you meet me, " she continued, then she left.

Angel clenched his fist then he chased after her and grabbed her hand, preventing her to leave.
"What do you want?!" she shouted as she tried to get away from him.

"You want to get out of this city, right? I'll help you," he answered.
"I know, I won't be able to repay your kindness but if only give you freedom for one day, I can do it."

She stopped struggling.
"Do you really want to help me?" she said in a disbelief tone. He had just been desperately asking her to return to the castle. Why was he suddenly changed his mind?

He nodded.
"I will help you."

Ophelia was silent for a moment in hesitation, but she needs him. She would not be able to get out of here by herself. She finally agreed.
"Fine. But if you lied, I'll tell everyone you are the one who tried to kidnap me."

Suddenly the clatter of noisy footsteps could be heard from the street, followed by the cavalry that passing in a hurry.
"Search her!" they shouted.

He immediately pulled Ophelia against the wall to hide.
"They already know that I ran away. What should we do now?" she said in a panic.

"We will take another way, " he answered.

"How?" she said as she frowning in confusion.

"Forgive my impudence, miss. Please, close your eyes."

"Close-"

Angel pulled her closer and focused his dark aura on his feet. In one jump he was on the top of building next to them.
"If we walk along these roofs, we will arrive near the gate," he said as he releasing his arms.

Ophelia looks shocked.
"You ... how can you do that?"

"That's normal. There are so many dangerous monsters outside, sometimes I have to run away if I can't deal with it, " he answered casually.

Ophelia looked down, the building where she stood now was at least over a hundred feet tall. She looked at him suspiciously.

"It's true that a hunter should have good survival skills. But jumping over a building this high..."

He noticed her suspicious gaze and sighed.
"If you are suspicious of me, we better cancel it."

"Wait! No. I'm just a little surprised, " she replied quickly.

"Follow me," he said as he walked in front of her, she quickly followed him from behind.

*

*

*

They bent down while hiding between the balcony railings in a building near the gate. The wall looks tightly guarded, especially around the gate. They check every person who goes in and out strictly even including their luggage.

Ophelia looked down.
"Looks like we won't be able to past it..."

"Looks like they haven't announced that Ophelia has disappeared. This will be easier than I thought."
"Miss, wait for me for a moment," he said as he left.

But Ophelia held his hand.
"Where are you going?"

"I'll make preparations to get through it, " he said while releasing her hand slowly.

But she held him back and looked at him with a pleading look as if she said not to leave her.
"I promise, I'll be right back, " he added.

Finally, she released him.

He went behind a wall, hid from Ophelia's view.

"If I bring Ophelia out I won't be able to join Frost and the others today."

He held out his hand, his dark aura forming a raven carrying a message to Frost.
'Meet me at Graywood Village.'

Then he pulls out his sword and casts his dark aura on it. In an instant, the sword turned into a dark aura that formed like a human. The fake person jumped down and went to the city gate, while he returned to Ophelia.
"Miss, all the preparations are finished. We just need to wait," he said as he bent down next to her.

She looked at him in confusion.
"What do you mean?"

He smirked.
"You'll see..." 

36