Second Arc (His Art of War) – 13. The King’s Arrival
2k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Few days have passed, the sun is shining brightly in the sky above Graywood Village.

Armie entered the bar with a vigor step, his hand holding a bag. He walked to the mission board and tore an A mission containing Ruthless Serpent's fangs request. He approached the hunter guild master who was busy cleaning the bar table and put the request paper there.
"Master, I want to take this request."

The hunter guild master's hand stopped, he turned his gaze to the request paper in front of him then glanced at Armie briefly before continue to clean the table while shaking his head.

"What do you mean by that?" Armie protested.

The hunter guild master sighed as he turning his gaze to Armie.
"Are you taking the wrong request? Or are you tired of living?"

Armie grunted.
"Are you looking down on me?" he said as he placed a bag on the table and opened it, showing two big Ruthless Serpent's fangs.

The hunter guild master's eyes widened in surprise when he saw it. He returned his gaze to Armie.
"How did you get it?"

Armie snorted while folding his arms as he put on an arrogant face and raised his chin.
"Do you doubt my ability?"

"Actually, I happened to find that Ruthless Serpent was dead. So I just cut the fangs easily."

"Looks like I've been underestimating you all this time." The hunter guild placed the bag under his table, took a bag of coins and gave it to Armie.
"Alright, this is your payment."

Armie took the coin bag and placed it in his vest. He had just turned around and was about to leave, but suddenly he saw someone he had not seen for a long time. He immediately approached with enthusiasm.
"Sir Zel!"

Angel put the teacup in his hand as he shifted his gaze to Armie.
"Sir Armie, how are you?"

Armie sat at his table nonchalantly.
"I'm fine. How about you? Did you decide to go on an adventure after our last meeting five years ago?"

"More or less," he replied.

"Then what brings you back to this village? Are you bored of adventure?" Armie approached him as he hugged his shoulder with one hand.
"Or are you interested in forming a group with me?" he said as he gave him a big grin.

He gave Armie a slight smile.
"Thank you for your offer. But I have other things to do."

Armie pulled him closer, then looked around before returning his gaze to him.
"Sir Zel, let me tell you. Now, I am the greatest hunter in this village. I will not invite anyone carelessly as a member of my group," he whispered.

"If that so, then instead of being a hunter wouldn't you be better off entering the military?" he asked.

Armie released his hand and plopped to his chair.
"The military is not my thing. I like to live freely, I don't like to follow annoying rules."

"That's too bad."

Armie brought his face back to him.
"I will tell you, even though our current king is far better than King Xenos, being military is not an easy thing. Moreover, the general position is now held by four elemental spirits. If something is wrong..." one of his hands swung in front of his neck mimicking the beheading motion.
"The king may order them to cut off our heads," he whispered.

After Armie finished speaking, suddenly a man with half-messy white hair wearing a black military uniform with an adamantite badge, entered the bar. Followed by several Euphorion troops. The whole bar was shocked by their arrival, who didn't know General Frost of Euphorion?

Frost swept his gaze around him and approached his table. Armie immediately looked away in fear.
"How could he know I was talking about him? "

Frost stopped in front of his table, Armie turned his gaze to Frost fearfully.
"General, I - I apologize-"

But before Armie finished his sentence, Frost bowed.
"Your Majesty, I have come to pick you up."

Armie looked at Frost in confusion.
"Your Majesty?"

Not finished with his confusion, Angel placed a gold coin on his table and stood up from his seat. He took the black military royal blazer in a troop's hand beside Frost and covered his shoulders with it. He turned his gaze to Armie.
"Calm down, Sir Armie. I'm not a kind of person who cut off people's heads over a trivial matter."

He turned around and walked towards the exit followed by Frost and the others. Armie could only be stiffened in shock, actually, it was not just him, but the entire bar was in shock. Armie turned his gaze to the hunter guild master who was standing behind the bar table with the same expression as him.
"Did I just talk to the king?"

39