Second Arc (His Art of War) – 26. Kneel!
1.5k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entire Asterian troops in the hall had been defeated, only King Gervis and Ilex were left with the Euphorion troops surrounding them. Angel glanced at the window and realized that the morning sun was getting higher.


"I must immediately make them admit their defeat before the magic users are exhausted."

"Bring them to me!" he ordered. 

They dragged King Gervis and Ilex before him.

He gave them another evil smirk.
"Kneel!" he ordered once again. 

King Gervis stared at him in anger.
"It's better to die than kneel to you!"

Several members of Euphorion troops began to approach and hold them, forcing them to kneel. Angel raised his hand, ordered them to stop. 
"I want them to do it themselves." He knew he had to strip their pride before make them to admit their defeat.

The Euphorion troops released them and moved back to their position. He stared at King Gervis and Ilex for a moment as he waited for them to bend their knees, but they returned his gaze with a challenging look. He clicked his tongue.
"Stubborn as always! Frost, bring her in!"

Frost and some Euphorion troops brought Ophelia to the hall. King Gervis and Ilex's expression changed instantly as they looked at her.

Frost bowed.
"Your Majesty, as you expected. We found her when she tried to escape through the secret passageway from her room."

Angel turned his gaze to Ophelia who looked shocked and scared. He was surprised to see her thinner body and pale face, but he still maintained his cold expression. This was the first time he saw Ophelia clearly since she covered herself in a robe at their last meeting. Her condition made him sad. He knew he was the one who made Ophelia tortured herself like that.

"Forgive me, Ophelia. I have made you suffer. I hope you will hate me after this, just like your brother hates me."

"Angel? You're still alive?" she said in a tone of disbelief.

But rather than answered her, he only replied to her with a cold gaze.
"Bring her to me!" he ordered.

They brought Ophelia closer then he extended his hand to her.
"Sit on my lap," he said in a casual tone.

"Are you crazy ?!" King Gervis shouted angrily.

He turned his gaze to King Gervis with an upset expression.
"SILENCE! I'm not ordering you to talk!" he snapped. He turned his gaze back to Ophelia.
"I said sit on my lap!" he ordered with a frightful king’s short patience tone.

Ophelia was startled, as long as she knew him, she had never seen him act like this. She walked toward him with a trembling body and reached for his hand. He pulled her hand roughly, making her sit on his lap.

She looked at him with a shocked expression.
"What happened to you?" she said in a trembling voice.

Again, he only replied to her with a wicked smile then he pulled out his sword and pressed it against her neck. His gaze returned to King Gervis and Ilex.
"Get down on your knees or I'll kill her!"

"She's your cousin!" Ilex shouted angrily.

"When you killed me, did you ever think I was your cousin?!" he said sarcastically.

Angel stared at them for a moment. They looked at Ophelia anxiously but their pride as a royal family forbade them to kneel.

He sighed in annoyance.
"Fine! I hope you don't mind if I torture her before killing her."

"Wait!" King Gervis shouted. He looked down a moment as he swallowed his pride then he fell down on his knees.
"Please let her go, " he pleaded.

Ilex turned his gaze to King Gervis and didn't believe his father would bend his knees.
"Father, you are a king! You should never bend your knees!" Then he shifted his gaze to Angel. "Especially to him!" he said in anger.

King Gervis sighed then he looked at Ilex.
"Ilex, kneel down. Is your pride more valuable than your sister's life?"

Ilex was silent for a few moments. If he's really Angel, he won't have the heart to hurt Ophelia, but he realized the person who is sitting on the throne right now is not the same person as he killed five years ago. His face is the same, but the atmosphere surrounding him is completely different. He felt a lot of pressure even just standing in front of him. He clenched his hands as he contained his anger and finally down to his knees.

Angel laughed evilly while he looking at them in disdain.
"Give the letter to King Gervis!"

A guard put a tray containing a statement and a pen in front of King Gervis.

"What is this?" asked King Gervis.

"Only a statement that now Asteria is under the rule of Euphorion and a statement of all Asteria's military power has been given to me. You only need to sign it. Relax, I will let you rule over Asteria."

King Gervis took the letter and read it for a few moments, before finally taking the pen and signing it.

Angel distanced his sword from Ophelia's neck.
"Thank you for your cooperation, King Gervis," he said with a satisfied expression.

"Who... Who are you? You are not Angelus Raizel I know..." Ophelia said while staring at him sadly, not believing what he had done.

Ophelia's gaze made his heartache, he knew she was sad when she saw him change but it was better than seeing her torture herself. He shifted his gaze to her and gave her a sharp stare.
"The old Angelus Raizel was dead, your brother killed him. So don't compare me to him."

She was speechless in disbelief, her heart shattered into pieces, tears streaming down her face.

Seeing her tears, his heart aches even more. He flowed his dark aura to protect Ophelia secretly, before he pulled her hand roughly and threw her, knocking her down to the floor.
"My business with you is over, " he said coldly, but despite his cold voice, he glanced over her to make sure she was unscathed.

Angel descended from the throne and walked towards the hall door.
"Frost, bring the statement to me and gather Asterian nobles, I want to talk to them." An evil smirk appeared on his face.
"As soon as I finish with Asteria, we will head for our next target, " he added.

Meanwhile, Ophelia tried to stand up slowly as she tried to get back to her senses. King Gervis and Ilex quickly ran to help her.
"How are you?" Ilex asked worriedly.

"I'm fine," she answered. Suddenly she realized, even though he threw her roughly, but she was unscathed. She looked at her palm and could see there was a trace of his dark aura.

"Did he protect me? Did he do that on purpose?"

She looked at Angel who was walking through the exit, followed by his troops. Unconsciously she moved her feet chasing him. King Gervis and Ilex immediately blocked her.
"Ophelia! What are you doing?" said Ilex in confusion. 

But she ignored her brother's words and called his name.
"Angel!"

Angel kept walking ignoring her screams. She tried to chase him, but they held her even tighter. 
"Ophelia!" Ilex shouted.

In desperation, she screamed again.
"Angel! I know you hear me! Tell me why did you do it?" but he still didn't answer.
"Please tell me why you protect me..." she said again with a calmer tone as she saw him disappear from her sight. 

34