First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 49. Euphorion’s New Year Celebration
881 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The New Year’s celebrations finally began. Stars glittered in the clear night sky above Luminus City, people laughed and chatted at the City Square, while enjoying live music accompanied by some bite-side food and warm drinks that had been prepared by the castle for the civilians. Meanwhile, the atmosphere of the White Moon Castle's main hall was very vibrant, all guests danced to lively music in celebration, while some women cast interested glances to that young, unmarried king that sat on the throne. Every time the castle held a party, he always chose to skip the dance and stay seated on his throne to pay attention to his surroundings, making sure everything went smoothly. Many people think this attitude makes it difficult for women to approach him, dancing is one way to get closer to the opposite sex and a way to find out the synchronization between the two of them by how much they step on each other's feet, that's why all the nobles who haven't married never miss it.

Angel did his best to be relaxed as he heard the excited chatter of the crowd. Some of their conversation sounded vague but quite clear to him.
"Have you heard that the king is still unmarried because of waiting for Lady Belle turn twenty-one-year-old? He doesn't even let another woman approach him."

"Really? Looks like he's really in love with Lady Belle."

"No, I've never had any feelings for her. I'm just being polite, how could you draw a conclusions without such clarity." he thought.

"Lady Belle is very beautiful, she also has a high status and education. Of all the women in Euphorion, she is the most suitable to accompany the king."

Accompanied by a nod from the others, but some noblewomen approached them with displeased expressions. He recognized them even though he didn't clearly remember each of their names, since he had only met them a few days ago.

"I don't think the news is true, if it is true what did Chancellor Allan make him meet with many noble women lately?"

"Yes! Thank you for helping me clearing this rumor." he thought.

"A few days ago the king looked so happy when he was having a chat with me."

"No, that day I was happy because my meeting was finished earlier than usual." he thought.

One of the women laughed sarcasm.
"Chatting? When he met me he even kept smiling at me."

"It's just a formal smile, you're trying to be funny, at least I have to smile to respond." he thought.

Another noblewoman came up to them with a confident smile and looked at them arrogantly.
"You know what? The king even held my hand at my meeting yesterday."
Which was replied with an expression of displeasure from the others was mixed with a look of envy.

"Yesterday you stumbled! I just held your hand in reflex to prevent you from falling!" he thought.

He sighed silently and turned his attention to the others as he didn't want to hear what they were talking about anymore, then he noticed Lady Belle was surrounded by several nobles.
"Lady Belle, you didn't dance with anyone again this year. "

"I just don't have the mood to dance." said Lady Belle.

"It seems that after His Majesty ascended to the throne you always refused to dance with anyone. Are you waiting for His Majesty to invite you to dance?"

"No, I have no special reason..." Lady Belle replied with blushing cheeks.

"His Majesty seems shy, I think you should make the first move."

Lady Belle just smiled in shyness in return.

"Ahahaha... What an incredibly wrong conclusion, I'm not shy but I don't want to. Thank you for giving Lady Belle wrong impression!" he thought.

Lady Belle glanced at him and caught him watching her. Angel realized and immediately turned his gaze to the others to avoid misunderstanding, but Lady Belle thought differently.

"Has he been watching me? Maybe it's true that he was really shy... When I first met him as a hunter he was always acting like this, no one could guess what he thought."

After the dance session was over, he descended from his throne and went around greeting the guests. Well, actually it is more suitable to say as looking for information than greeting. Because at the New Year party many nobles from all over of Euphorion were present and he took advantage of this opportunity to find out the development or difficulties of their area.

Chancellor Allan glanced at him and realized he was talking to some nobles with a serious expression, he sighed unconsciously.
"His Majesty is using the party as an opportunity to find information again. Is there nothing I can do to get his mind out of his work?"
Then he suddenly remembered the rumors about Lady Belle with him, an idea crossed his mind.
"I know that His Majesty does not have any feelings for her, but at least I hope he can stop thinking about his work for a moment."

27