First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 51. Pearl Gate City’s Downfall
925 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the dark aura covering him disappeared he was already at Pearl Gate City. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw a pile of corpses scattered before him and realized the air around him was very poisonous.

"I must find Major Bernard immediately!"

He quickly ran down the corridor to the Major's office at the City Hall and found him lying stiff near his desk. Angel approached and examined him hoping he could still save him, but it was too late... even his breath was gone. He closed Major Bernard's eyes slowly and looked down in regret, but a moment later he back to his feet and ran out of City Hall. There is no time for him to feel sad or grieved, he must look for other survivors.
"Is anyone alive?" he shouted.

He continued to run down the streets that filled with dead bodies, inspecting the shops and houses nearby while he keep shouting.
"Is anyone alive? Answer me!" he shouted in frustration.

But there was no answer, not even the sound of crickets or other animals, only the sound of the wind.

He stopped his steps.

"I have to find survivors before it's too late!"

He extended his hand as he casts 'evil eye' spell, the dark aura from his hand formed hundreds of black eyeballs that immediately spread throughout the city. 

He closed his eyes trying to concentrate and let pieces of scary images entered his head. Corpses littered on the streets, inside houses, shops, tower posts, not even a single insect is alive. His head was getting heavier and more painful, his chest was getting tight as the images kept entering his head. Suddenly, he saw an image of a boy trying to wake up his father. He quickly opened his eyes while breathing heavily.

"City Square!"

The dark aura swallowed him once more and moved him to City Square in an instant. But when he arrived the boy fell on his father's body. He quickly ran towards the boy and knelt on one leg while trying to wake him up.
"Kid! Wake up! How dare you die before me! How dare you die before your king!" he yelled desperately, but he already knew the boy is dead.
"Wake up ... Please ..." he said again with a much calmer tone than a second ago.

He hugged the boy's body slowly and paused as he recalled the bad memories when his father died in front of him, when he tried desperately to wake his father, when he could do nothing but watch his father die in front of him tragically, just like this... he could do nothing but look at the corpse that were scattered around him.

Angel released his hug slowly and saw the boy's condition clearly, his lips were black, his face turned blue, his body stiffened in a seizure position. Blood seemed to drip from his nose, ears and mouth. He looked around, the city he had built for so many years had been destroyed overnight, the people he was supposed to protect were dead without a single survivor. Suddenly his chest felt extraordinarily tight.
"I'm a failure... I failed to protect my people..."

Then he raised up slowly, his eyes turned piercing cold, his hands clenched, the wave of anger took over his mind and his heart, he was steaming with so much anger until he couldn’t control it. His dark aura immediately responded to the surge of emotions within him and leaked out.
"No... I can't fall... I'm their protector... I won't let their deaths be in vain..."
His hands began to emit a dark aura that spread around him and formed a giant dome-like wall which surrounded the entire city, to prevent others from entering the city and stopped the poisonous air from spreading out.
"Whoever did it, I will make them pay! I will destroy them!" he shouted angrily.

He took a handkerchief from his blazer and knelt down to take the boy's blood sample. He then closed the boy's eyes slowly.
"I'll make sure they will pay for everything, " he said with a soft voice.

Then he stood up and walked away. Soon his dark aura swallowed him as he teleported back to the White Moon Castle. 

Glossary 

'Evil Eye' is a high-level magic spell that is used to look around, this spell requires full concentration from its user because the image pieces that were send by each eye will rush into the user's mind simultaneously.

32