First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 55. Euphorion’s Protector
863 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shortly after Cley and Claire came out of the room, Gale entered with a cheerful expression, even though he saw Cley come out with sad faces while carrying Claire who fainted in his arms, but he was still optimistic. After receiving lots of praise and applause today, no one would be able to change his happiness even though His Majesty scolded him.

"Yahho--"
But as soon as Gale entered the room, he immediately felt the difference of the atmosphere was so drastic and even worse he could feel the intense power from His Majesty, as if that power could explode at any time. His smile disappeared, his face which had been cheerful turned tense. Frost, Flare and Gaia who walked behind him also noticed it.

They bowed to him.
"Your Majesty, are you calling us?" said Frost.

Angel shifted his gaze to the four elemental spirits and Chancellor Allan who stood before him.
"I'll get right to the point. Pearl Gate City has been destroyed, no one survived. The cause is the deadly poison that spread in the city through the air."

"Your Majesty, should we send some people to check it more clearly?" Chancellor Allan suggested.

"No need, I've closed the city to prevent the poison from spreading out," he answered.

Chancellor Allan frowned with a confused expression. How could His Majesty be so sure about it as if he had checked it himself. Chancellor Allan glanced at the four elemental spirits but none of them doubted his statement, so he decided to be quiet.

"I know who attacked us, but I still need strong evidence, " he continued.

"Your Majesty, is this related to the Dark Agent's report last week?" Frost guessed.

"Yes, that's one of them."

Frost frowned.
"Do you mean there will be another kingdom that attacks us besides Asteria?" he said again.

Chancellor Allan turned to Frost.
"Asteria?" he asked in confusion, then he returned his gaze to Angel.
"Didn't the poison master said the poison is from the Heart Family of Zephyrus?"

"It seems they are working together to attack Euphorion, " he answered.

Chancellor Allan was shocked, a war against one kingdom alone could take many casualties, but now Euphorion had to deal with two kingdoms at once. In addition, the kingdom of Asteria is the largest kingdom on the Andromeda Continent, although the military and the wealth of Euphorion is exceeded Asteria but if two against one, there are high possibility Euphorion will be lose.

"Your Majesty, do you really want to declare a war? Don't you want to negotiate with them first?" said Chancellor Allan worriedly.

He narrowed his eyes as he gave Chancellor Allan a sharp stare.
"Chancellor Allan, did you just tell me to negotiate with the person who just killed my people?"

"But we also have to think about the people who are still alive, " Chancellor Allan answered.

"Five years ago I stopped the war plan against Asteria. Do you think now I want this war? Because I think of my people who are still alive, I must do it!" he said in a emphatic tone.

He took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing to speak.
"Think again, they have attacked Pearl Gate City, there are many traders from various kingdoms including from their kingdom but they are still sacrificing them. Do you think they will stop only with negotiation ? Or do you want to let them trample on the sovereignty of Euphorion? " he added.

Chancellor Allan was silent, indeed proposing negotiations was the last step when the war was prolonged, besides those who proposed negotiations were usually considered the weaker. Finally he looked down in guilty.
"No, Your Majesty."

"Your Majesty, should we move our troops to attack them now?" Flare asked, from the look in her eyes she is ready to be assigned to the battlefield.

"No, we will wait for their next attack and make it as an excuse to give them a declaration of war. I don't want they say Euphorion attacked another kingdom without reason, also I want to teach them a lesson so they won't dare to play around with Euphorion anymore. Therefore we must greet them well. "

He returned his gaze at the four elemental spirits.
"Frost, order the Dark Agents in Asteria and Zephyrus to search for information within their castle."

"Gaia, order the Guardian Army on the North and West borders to get ready, they will attack us soon. Tell the magic user to create a 'magic barrier' as soon as they attack us and send the news to the castle."

"Gale, order the Peace Bringer Army to assist Gaia guarding the border and prevent anyone approaching Pearl Gate City."

"Flare, prepare the Black Wing Army to counter their attacks and tighten the inspection at the Luminus City gate."

Then he turned his gaze to Chancellor Allan.
"Chancellor Allan, order the inspection guards to close our North and West trade routes temporarily." then he glanced at the list of military leaders that placed on his desk.
"And tell the military leaders that I am canceling the leaders election for my new army."

He returned his gaze to Chancellor Allan.
"I will personally lead this army to attack them."

Chancellor Allan gasped in surprise, because even though the king is the protector of his kingdom but usually he will only participate when needed.
"Your Majesty, you already have four dependable generals, you don't need to lead this war on your own." he said in objection.

"No, I must do it, I'm Euphorion's protector. Attacking my kingdom is the same as attacking me." he said in a resolute tone.
"Even though this war is inevitable, at least I want to minimize the casualties of this war."

Finally Chancellor Allan was silent again, he knew even though Angel had looked calm but the atmosphere of this room had not changed one bit, indicating that his anger had not diminished at all, he only covered it, but Chancellor Allan did not expect he will join to lead the war.

"Are my instructions clear?" he said again.

"Yes, Your Majesty, " they replied together.

"Alright, you're all dismissed. We'll discuss it again tomorrow morning."

They bowed to him and exited the rooms one by one.

Angel sighed and plopped back on his chair, he also did not want this war, especially against Asteria... Even though he had buried his past but in his heart he was still a prince of Asteria.
"No, I cannot hesitate anymore... This is the best way to protect Euphorion and the only thing I can do for Asteria as a King of their enemy kingdom... After all, the second Prince of Asteria, died five years ago..."
He looked at the list of new troops on his desk and wrote the name for his new army.
'Black Devils Army'.

24