First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 56. Declaration of War
874 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bright morning sun shone above Luminus City. The city is quiet, many residents are still asleep or just laying themselves on bed. Last night they had just been partying till late night and this was the first day of the new year, usually everyone considered it a holiday.

In contrast to the quiet state of Luminus City, White Moon Castle's main hall was filled with nobles, ministers and military leaders who had lined up neatly waiting for the king to arrive. Many of them look tired or still yawn due to last night's party. Some of them seemed to be grumbling, since the court had never been held on the first day of the new year before, especially with sudden notice like this.

The main hall's door opened.
"The king has arrived!" announced one of the guards.

People who had lined up bowed to him as he entered the main hall and walked to the throne. He sat on the throne and looked at the center of the hall which was filled with people.
"Thank you for your presence. Today, I want to announce something important and discuss it."

Some of them exhaled tiredly, while others put on lazy expressions when they heard he wanted to discuss heavy things on the first day of the new year.

"I want to announce that Pearl Gate City was destroyed last night, " he declared.

Suddenly the lazy faces and sleepy eyes of the people who standing in the room turned shocked, their drowsiness disappeared instantly. The atmosphere of the room turned tense.

One of them stepped forward to get out of his line and nodded slightly to ask permission to speak.
"Your Majesty, Euphorion is not in a state of war how could Pearl Gate City be destroyed overnight?" he asked in confusion.

"I have already investigated it, they have spread poison in Pearl Gate City and killed everyone in it without exception. Now the poison is still in the city, I have asked Gale's troops to forbid anyone from approaching it."

The whole room exchanged glances with a confused expression. If the news had just arrived last night, the troops who were checking the city should be just left this morning. Even though he ordered the northern border troops who closest to the city to check them, they should be arrive at noon. It's still early in the morning, but how could he possibly be so sure of Pearl Gate City condition?

"Your Majesty, isn't it better to investigate it more clearly and wait for the report from the troops who have checked the Pearl Gate City?"

"No need, I've checked it myself, " he replied.

Again, his words confused the entire room, last night he was celebrate the new year with them. Why did he say he already checked it? 

Another nobleman stepped forward to get out of his line and nodded slightly to ask permission to speak.
"Is this the rebel's doing?"

"No, this is not the rebel's doing, but an attack of another kingdom. Therefore I need your agreement to make a declaration of war, " he replied.

The entire room was shocked by his words, people immediately muttered to each other until their sound filled the room like an orchestra and their expressions turned worried instantly. If this attack is really from another kingdom, it means Euphorion is in a state of war emergency. But if this is only a conclusion based on one report without checking it. It's too hasty to make a declaration of war. But on the other hand they also know he is not the kind of person who does something without apparent reason.

Duke Nicolin stepped forward to get out of his line and nodded slightly to ask permission to speak.
"Your Majesty, may we know which kingdom is attacking us?"

"Asteria and-"

Before he finished his sentence, Gaia broke into the main hall followed by Frost, Flare and Gale. He gave him a quick nod.
"Your Majesty, as you expected they are attacking our North Outpost."

He raised up from the throne.
"We must leave now."

Despite of his words, strangely he remained still and did not move from there, but it was the four elemental spirits who walked toward him.

He turned his gaze to Chancellor Allan.
"Order to send more supplies to the North outpost. I will leave this court to you."

Then he turned his gaze back to the center of the main hall.
"Whether you agree or not, the fate of Euphorion is determined by this declaration of war. One more thing, keep it as a secret what you will see next. If anyone spreads it, I will behead him, " he said in an emphatic tone.

His hand emmited the dark aura that enveloped him and four elemental spirits. In an instant they were swallowed by darkness and disappeared in front of everyone.

The whole room was gasped in surprise without anyone daring to make a sound. This was the first time they saw someone teleporting in front of them and more than that he not only teleported himself but also brought four people at once. 'Teleport' is one of the most difficult high-level spells and requires high concentration, there are only a few people who mastered this skill. This skill is also very dangerous, if the user's concentration breaks in the middle of the spell then he will arrive at his destination in pieces!

'Teleport' is considered the most dangerous of all other skills, because it allows its users to attack from within easily. This skill is also one of the reasons why all castles must be protected by a 'magic shield', that's why Angel hid it. A king with teleporting ability is nothing more than a big threat to another kingdoms.

Now they understood why he was so sure with Pearl Gate City's condition, because he must be had checked it last night.

As soon as Chancellor Allan returned to his sense, he moved forward to the front of the main hall and turned to face the people in the middle of it.
"I will hold a vote for His Majesty declaration of war, " he said breaking the silence.

The whole room just exchanged glances in silence with one thought 'can anyone refuse His Majesty request now?'. From his reaction they were sure he had checked it clearly, if he came up with a declaration of war it meant that the situation was really severe and unforgivable. After a while and no one said anything, finally Duke Nicolin took a step forward to represent the others.
"There is no need, we will agree."

"Is there any objections?" Chancellor Allan asked while sweeping his eyes across the hall.

The others answered him by shaking their head.

"I'll make the statement now, " continued Chancellor Allan.

24