First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 57. The Northern Outpost
868 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark aura that covered Angel and the four elemental spirits disappeared. Now, they were at the Northern border outpost. Several corpses were seen scattered in front of him and the magic users made a 'magic barrier' to block enemy's arrows. The archers were lined up on the gate wall to retaliate their attacks, while the swordmen were ready to greet the enemies in front of the gate.

"Get in position!" he ordered the four elemental spirits. His voice alarmed the troops and rose their morale instantly. They not expecting the four Generals and the king are coming to take care this attack.

The four elemental spirits quickly took out their weapons and joined the troops. Flare and Gale stand on top of the outpost wall, while Frost and Gaia prepare to hold their attack in front of the gate. While Angel approached one of the dead bodies that were nearby, he knelt down on one leg and examined it.
"They all died with only one scratch and mouth full of foam. I think I've seen poison like this before."

When he tried to remember it suddenly the 'magic barrier' protecting the outpost began to break. An arrow flew towards him.

"Your Majesty!" shouted one of the troops.

He caught the arrow in the mid air without turning his head and examined its tip.
"Poisoned arrows... But there are no attack reports from the Western border. Looks like Zephyrus doesn't want to get their hands dirty."

He threw the arrow to the ground and walked towards the wall above the gate.

"I'll take care of Asteria first, before dealing with Zephyrus."

He stood at the top of the gate and saw the white uniformed Asteria troops that already lined up in front of him, while the archers kept firing their arrows at them. With the poisoned arrows that kept coming, they had no choice but to protect themselves with the 'magic barrier'. It was only a matter of time when the magic users ran out their magic power, the enemy forces would easily break through.

General Helias suddenly raised his hand, ordering his troops to stop their attack when he saw the king who standing on the outpost wall.

Angel looked at General Asteria who was on his horse and immediately recognized him, since he had been interested in the way he led the troops to withstand the attack of Nether Buffalo at Springwell City five years ago.
"Lieutenant Helias, we haven't seen each other in a long time. Congratulations for your promotion."

"It's really him, the second prince of Asteria, Angelus Raizel Reinheart... Since our meeting at Springwell City I admired him, even when they said he betrayed Asteria. I don't believe it. Now ... I've seen it with my own eyes, he betray Asteria just for the sake of revenge."
"I didn't expect King of Euphorion himself came to welcome us." shouted General Helias.

"We haven't seen each other for a long time, how about we stop this war and talk nicely?" he said casually.
He knew as King of Euphorion, he should immediately order his troops to attack, but as soon as he saw the Asterian army before him, saw the people from his homeland... His inner prince of Asteria stopped him from killing them. After all the Asterian army that standing before him were his people too. Although he had buried his past but the blood that flowed in his veins was the blood of the Reinheart family, the kingdom of Asteria's protector. Why does he have to kill his own people?

His words shocked the Euphorion army and even decrease his army's morale, because if the king had submitted a negotiation it meant that there was a high possibility of defeat.

"He proposed a negotiation? Is he aware of his defeat?" thought General Helias, then he paused for a moment as he recalled how bravely an Angelus Raizel faced a Nether Buffalo alone five years ago, a scene that would never be forgotten in his life. He can't believe that the enemy king who just submitted a negotiation to him used to be a prince of Asteria who dared to risk his life to protect his people, but now he was only a king who had been scared before fighting!

General Helias looked at Angel with a disappointed look.
"Your Highness, it seems you have changed... Did you become a coward now? It seems that Prince Angelus was dead five years ago. The one who standing there was a coward king!"
"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I'm just a general. I'm here just to carry out the king's orders!" replied General Helias as he raised his two fingers ordered the archers to get ready.

Angel looked down and sighed when he had no choice but to fight against the people of his own homeland. His heart ached but no matter how hurt he is, he has to do it... he has to protect Euphorion.
"Flare! Gale!" he ordered.

After hearing his order, Gale quickly raised his two fingers ordered the archers to get ready. While Flare raised three fingers asking the magic users to get ready.
"Arrow!" she commanded.
The magic users prepared their 'magic arrow' with confused expression, since without the 'magic barrier' the poisoned arrows from the Asterian army would easily defeat them.

General Helias waved his two fingers forward. Thousands of poisoned arrows flew towards them. Angel extended his hand, his dark aura held all the arrows and freeze it in the mid air. The Asterian army stiffened in surprise, including General Helias.
"He is from the Reinheart Family, but how could he have magic power? It's seems like the rumors that he's not from the royal family is true..."

Meanwhile, the Euphorion army morale instantly returned upon realizing their king was only negotiating for sake of peace not because he was sure they would lose.

He raised his head, his gaze turning piercing cold as he silenced the Prince of Asteria inside him, this time he faced them as the King of Euphorion, Angelus Raizel Moonfall.

He gave them an evil smirk.
"General Helias, what a pity... You refused my offer." then he waved his hand forward, thousands of arrows turned and flew towards the Asterian Army. At the same time Gale and Flare also waved their hands forward, the arrows and 'magic arrows' from the Euphorion army joined the poisoned arrows that he returned, making the sky in front of the Asterian army looks like were covered in dark clouds.

"Barrier!" General Helias commanded.
In an instant the light coming out from the direction of the magic users formed a barrier in front of the Asterian army blocking the arrows from reaching them.

Angel looked at them with cold stare, his hands emitting dark aura as he let out his 'demonic arrow'. Some of the black lances that were floating in the air around him began to appear and keep increasing every second until the number reached hundreds, then he moved his hand controlling the lances towards the Asterian army.

As soon as General Helias saw the terrifying black spears flying towards them he immediately gave orders.
"Strengthen the barrier!"
The magic users quickly strengthened their 'magic barrier' to hold the lances that were flew toward them.

Angel smirked again, he moved his hands the black lances followed his hand movements, its flew around past their protective walls and attacked them from behind. Killing the magic users and archers in the back row. The 'magic barrier' that protected them began to break, General Helias shocked and gave his order again.
"Charge!" he commanded as he pulled out his sword and kicked the side of his horse to advance.

21