First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 60. Strike Back!
867 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had just turned around, but suddenly the sound of footsteps could be heard. Two Asterian troops tried to escape with a shuffling steps. He extended his hand to them, his dark aura enveloping and bringing them closer. He stood behind them and leaned closer. 

"Before you leave, send my message to His Majesty King Gervis to prepare his throne for me. I will visit him soon," he said casually, while the two Asteria troops were trembling in fear.

They answered him with repeatedly quick nod.

He released his dark aura and let them run from him.
"Frost, how many people are needed to send a message?" he asked as he watched them away.

"One." Frost answered.

An evil smirk spreading across his face once more.
"You're right... One." he said as several black lances began to appear around him. He moved his hand toward them, the lances followed his hand movement and killed both of them.

The whole Euphorion army could only look at him in terror.

Frost turned his gaze at Angel.
"Do I need to send a message to King of Asteria?"

"No need, I changed my mind. Whether he ready or not I will take Asteria from him." he replied. He swept his gaze at the Asterian troops corpses that scattered around him before staring at his hands... Hands that had been covered in his homeland people's blood. His feelings were mixed, guilty, angry, sad that he no longer knew what he was feeling.

Another slight chuckled began to emerge from his mouth which increasingly turned into evil laughter when the waves of emotion overwhelmed him.

"Don't blame me... You're the one who forced me to do it."

*

*

*

"What about the damage?" he asked to Flare as soon as he entered the outpost gate.

"Not much, only minor damage, " replied Flare while walking beside him.

"The casualties?" he asked again.

"Apart from the casualties from the first attack, there were almost no more."

"Alright, order to bury them properly and send the report to the castle. We will compensate their family."

"Yes, Your Majesty, " Flare answered then she left.

"Your Majesty, what should we do with General Helias?" Frost asked while walking on his other side.

"He has lost his memory, we will take him to Euphorion and give him a new life, " he replied, then he stopped in his tracks and turned his gaze to Frost.
"I'll leave the rest to you. I have to discuss something with Gale and Gaia."

"As you wish, Your Majesty, " Frost answered, then he left.

"Gale, Gaia, come with me to the meeting room, " he said as he walked to the meeting room.

They immediately followed him from behind.

Once they arrived in a large room with a large wooden table and chairs that line up nicely he continued to speak.
"I have an important mission for you. They still have the poison in their outpost not far from here. I want one of you to infiltrate it and destroy the poison tonight. The other remains here to prepare an attack for them." 

Gale immediately raised his hand excitedly.
"Me! I will do it! I will infiltrate their place!"

Angel frowned at Gale, he was never this excited when he give him an assignment.
"Do you really want to do it?"

Gale nodded excitedly.
"Yes!" then he smiled innocently.
"But if I succeed, I hope His Majesty will change my punishment a week ago..."

Gaia gave himself a face-palm when he heard Gale's words. Even at crucial times like this he still thinking about the cake.

Angel let out a quiet slight chuckled when he heard it. Gale's childish act made him feel more relaxed after the battle.
"Alright." he answered briefly.

Gale jumped in joy.
"Yes!" then he pointed his finger at Angel with confident expression.
"I'll make sure! I won't let you down!" he said excitedly.

"I'll be return with Frost and Flare. I leave this place to both of you. If something happens report it to me."

"Yes, Your Majesty, " they answered.

27