Chapter 16 – A New Earth
2.3k 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Victor and Jessica were put through several tests by Reed Richards in the Baxter Building, and they came through with flying colors. 

Jessica was confirmed to the the Jessica Jones of another universe, and Victor was somehow just a regular human being from the same universe and were not Skrulls or some other shapeshifters to threaten the Earth.

Then they were given clothes and were invited to stay at the Baxter Building until they could find their own place in this world, but as people of another dimension, they were asked to keep a low profile. 

"Uh.. thank you for saving us" Victor said, shaking Reed's hands. Jessica gave him a hug. 

Jessica knew her Reed Richards from their own dimension.

"Oh! Group hug!" Victor said, joining the hug and "accidentally" brushing Reed's neck as he hugged both of them. 

Reed was wearing gloves, so Victor could not read his mind, but his neck and head was uncovered, so in an instant, he absorbed all of Reed's memories and thoughts up to that point.  

He suddenly understood that currently this, and all other universes were going through non stop incursions, whereby universes were colliding and the Earth of each universe was the point of impact. 

They were a secret organization calling themselves the Illuminati, comprising of Reed Richards aka Mr Fantastic, Steve Rogers aka Captain America, Tony Stark aka Iron Man, Hank McCoy aka Beast, Steven Strange aka Dr Strange, Namor, Bruce Banner aka the Hulk, T'Challa aka Black Panther, Black Bolt, Hank Pym aka Yellowjacket and Professor Xavier.

They had discovered that the only way to stop to collisions was to destroy the other Earth, otherwise both universes would be destroyed. 

So far, the Illuminati had experienced the death of 3 Earths, all of which they destroyed with their bombs or other incredibly powerful weapons. They were lucky so far that on those Earths, the human population was someone wiped out already, making their choice to destroy the Earth easy. 

Their Earth was the first one they had to actually found survivors, which they rescued. They still couldn't bring themselves to actively kill innocent humans. 

"Are you alright?" Reed asked, seeing Victor standing stiffly as they broke their brief hug. 

"Uh, I'm fine I guess" Victor smiled weakly. 

"Then go enjoy your new life." Reed smiled as Victor and Jessica walked out of the room. 

Outside, they saw the rest of the Illuminati busy in their work, walking in and out of the many lab areas.

One by one, Victor found an excuse to thank them and shook their hands, absorbing all their memories and knowledge. 

In one swoop, he managed to gain the scientific knowledge of Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, Hank McCoy, T'Challa and even arcane knowledge from Dr Strange. Namor ignored them, but Victor didn't want to shake his hand either way. 

As he stood in front of Professor X, he suddenly regretted wanting to shake his hand, fearing that the Professor would be able to read his mind and find out all about him. 

"Keep calm, keep calm" he thought to himself as he shook Professor X's hands

But to his surprise Professor X simply shook his hand and didn't react at all. 

Upon absorbing Professor X's memories, Victor was pleasantly surprised to find out that Professor X couldn't read his mind at all, and could only feel Professor X's confusion at not being able to read Victor's mind at all. 

"Great! I'm immune to telepathy by the greatest telepath on Earth" Victor internally celebrated.

They left the laboratory and walked outside and were welcomed by Susan Storm of the Fantastic Four and her two children Franklin and Valeria. 

"Uh, hello" Victor said shaking Sue's hand. 

Jessica bent over and shook Franklin and Valeria's small hands.

"She looks like Dani's mummy" Franklin said. 

"She is Auntie Jessica, but from another dimension" Sue answered. 

"Oh, so she didn't give birth to Dani in her dimension?" Franklin asked again. 

Jessica was about to burst into tears when Victor stepped in. 

"No, auntie Jessica here my partner in our dimension" he answered.

"Who are you?" Valeria asked. 

"You can call me Uncle Victor" he smiled as he shook Valeria and Franklin's small hands. 

"I already have an Uncle Victor. He's smarter than you!" Valeria said. 

"Oh! How can that be! I am Uncle Victor Rios, which makes me victorious!" Victor joked. 

"My uncle is Victor Von Doom. Besides losing to my daddy, he always wins too!" Valeria 

"Ok, ok. Introduce me to your uncle one day, ok?" Victor responded. He had named himself after Doom, who was his hero.

As they were allowed to stay for a while, they met the other occupants of the Baxter Building, namely Johnny Storm aka the Human Torch, Benjamin Grimm aka the Thing and the rest of the Future Foundation who comprised of Dragon Man and the selected young genius orphans the Fantastic Four had picked up and fostered. 

Shaking their hands and introducing himself, Victor absorbed all their knowledge and also demonstrated his intelligence, which impressed everyone. 

"Well I was a genius in my own right in my universe, though not the level of Reed Richards" he smiled, pretending to be humble. 

He had literally absorbed all the knowledge of the Illuminati and the Future Foundation in this world, and retained his knowledge of his original brain trust in his previous world, making him perhaps the smartest one in this world. 

"Who are you in this world?" Bentley Whitman, the child clone of the Wizard asked. 

"Here? I don't know. I just arrived. But I will look me up if I exist here. He should be quite famous, I would imagine. A famous artist or inventor" Victor lied.

"And you're Jessica Jones" Julie Power aka Lightspeed said. 

"Uh, yes. I'm Jessica Jones, apparently from another dimension" Jessica answered. 

"Are you married to Luke Cage too?" she asked again. 

Jessica looked at Victor for help and Victor interjected. 

"Yes... actually she was. But Luke died in our dimension, and she's my partner now" he said.  

"How did he die?" Valeria asked as she entered the room. 

"Now now, that's not polite" Sue said as she entered with her and Franklin. 

"Anyway, let me bring you to your living area" Sue invited. 

The couple bid farewell to the Future Foundation and were escorted by Sue to their living area.

They were given a rather large apartment, separate from the Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation's living areas. 

Victor thanked her and they entered their new living quarters. 

Sitting on their bed, Victor said "What are you thinking?" 

"I... this is too overwhelming. First, what you put me though for weeks, then all this...my life will never be the same" she sobbed.

"Come now, with my abilities, we will thrive here" Victor smiled as he stripped her and brought her to bed. 

 

15