01 – Portal
9.1k 10 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nunu Note:
This is my first Fanfiction, I hope you understand and give me tips in the comments.

Some facts can be slightly altered to make the narrative more interesting, I count on my creative right to change what I think is best.

=======================

"Are you sure this is necessary?" My father asked me while begging me to say otherwise, but that was impossible.

"You know that's impossible, Dad. We'll send little Kal on the only ship we can build in case of emergency. If we don't, our only fate will be death." I told my dad after I pushed the hologram with some calculations away.

"Okay... since there are no other options, we have to use your idea. I'm bringing Lara here." My father said as he went out to get my mother.

I bent down at the height of my big dog lying there and stroked his head while sighing, "Krypto, it looks like everything went as I had thought, I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye to Kal. ”

After so many years of searching for some result caused by the civil war, my father finally found out that the Treton bomb had strongly shaken the planet's core, thus causing countless earthquakes that were not noticed due to the incredible structure of Krypton's houses.

Being the most trusted person close a that time, even though I was only 10 years old, due to my advanced intellect, I was able to help my father calculate when the next catastrophe will occur by a small margin.

It took us several years to find out when it will occur and plenty more to find methods to prevent it from happening, unfortunately we couldn't find any solution for it, and like it was all a dream, all our files were deleted from the server by some unknown agent.

Frightened, we left no more information about this on any gadget related to technology, suspecting that Brainiac AI was manipulating this information so that the populace wouldn't know what was happening.

My parents tried everything to tell other Kryptonians what will happen in the near future, but nobody ever believed them. I honestly tried to help them at the start, but when I noticed that many started treating us like crazy people for our consepstions, I gave up and started researching a method to save myself and my family.

My parents started building an emergency escape ship in case something went wrong along the way, at least so I could save my little brother, Kal-El. I gave them my full support in the development of this ship that did not involve any use of existing technology, which could be infected by Brainiac, so that my father and I had to spend all nighter's so that he could program the ship's operating system to be able to direct him to some distant planet and save the little child with my assistance.

When my parents no longer needed my help in building the ship, I shifted my focus back to the method we three would use to escape. I was still very young, so even If I feel smarter than my peers, my calculus and deduction resources were limited, so I focused on another area, I started researching everything that was possible , freezing, forced launch, black holes, but nothing availed, until on a certain intergalactic topic, I found an article by a researcher that explained how to open an unstable teleportation portal.

It was an extremely dangerous solution, but it was the only card I could play. So with no other options, I began testing this gate in the few months left before the planet self-destructed trying to find a solution to our problem.

You ask me, why didn't I just take a ship and try to escape the planet with my parents? Simple, unlike the ship we built for Kal-El, every other ship was under the influence of Brainiac, it would be suicide if I tried to get out of here alive while being at the mercy of the AI that just wants to kill you.

Now, after sending little Kal away, my parents and I faced each other with a look of resolution as we nodded in a mutual understanding of what we should do.

Before all this, I explained what each person should do so that there would be no mistakes. The most likely success rate I could find was only 32.34256%, even one mistake would bring the success rate down to 0.000068%, which for us was unacceptable.

We sat in different positions forming a mathematically perfect triangle while each of us performed a phrase in an ancient language, the author of the article said it was the language used in some of the inner runes of the chair that Metron used to cross space-time.

"Pctrum Drakelas Igmas Nefpos... Amana Kroma Ligma Infzos... Chritoks Kgrra..." The pronunciation used in singing has a very difficult pitch, even with the Kryptonian language, one of the most developed organs in the universe thanks to genetic evolution.

Suddenly, after 5 minutes of non-stop singing, a small black dot opened up in the middle of the room. This amazed the four of us, me, my parents and Krypto who was sitting at the place I had assigned him to sit, understanding that this was not a time for him to intervene.

We continued to perform the singing until that black spot began to grow and suck in any nearby matter. Fortunately, we had made preparations for this and there were supports that held us in place so that we would not be forcibly sucked through this gate.

The talking continued for another 30 seconds and the gate grew out of nowhere at a speed outside of my calculations, the supports that were holding me popped out and in a fraction of a second my body turned as my feet were sucked towards the gate. In the meantime, I heard another slap and saw Krypto's supports bursting, causing him to be sucked into the portal just like me.

My parents, scared and worried about me, stopped singing, thus making the portal even more unstable.

Before I was abducted through the portal, I felt despair for the first time in my life and as a tear descended down my face, I said the only thing I could say in that short moment. "I love you."

"No Joh-El!" My father shouted while reaching out his hand to move me out of the gate. But it was already too late, all my senses were turned off at that moment and I could only see the darkness.

87