03 – Glass
5.5k 11 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt my head starting to hurt again. This time the pain was even greater than the first time, honestly, I was getting tired of it, maybe I have some rare disease that makes people faint periodically? But Kryptonians couldn't get sick... maybe it's a side effect caused by using the gate?

I opened my eyes to understand where I was and felt something wet on my forehead. I reached out my hand and noticed it was a small blue towel. Wondering who had put this on my forehead, I looked around and saw that I was in a simple room in a house with old things, quite different from what I had seen before.

As I stared curiously at my surroundings, I noticed that the bedroom door was open and a fifty-year-old woman entered the room holding a basin of hot water with a worried look on her face.

When she found out I was awake, she was obviously amazed and came towards me to see if everything is okay.

=== Charles POV ==

It was another normal day taking care of my plantation, when suddenly I could see a boy about 13 or 14 years old wearing a strange outfit running out of the forest while smiling with a big white wolf.

I stopped the tractor and looked at them suspiciously, after all, they could be some kind of thieves running away, but the smile on the boy's face and the satisfied look of the wolf told me otherwise. After panting he was apparently tired from the race he had with the wolf, the boy looked at me for a second and fell to the ground right after.

I was worried to see what happened and ran to try to help him, but apparently the wolf was worried about the boy and barked at me, while preventing anyone from getting close. "Easy boy, I'll help your friend okay? You can come with me." I said as I tried to calm down the wolf, who looked at the fainted boy again and he walked away a little so I could get closer.

I leaned down and noticed that the boy was still breathing, so he only fainted. I quickly picked up his body and started running towards my house so I could practice some of the medical treatment my wife knew about.

During the run, the wolf was running by my side, as if he was making sure I was going home. I thought the scene was a little comical since it was impossible for a wolf to be so smart.

I opened the door with a bit of difficulty and passed my scared wife as I climbed up the stairs with the boy in my arms and put him on a bed that has never been used before.

"You... what happened Charles? While also, why did you put him on the bed... Charles, explain what happened first." Martha asked with a slightly frightened look.

Before I answered, the great white wolf entered the room scaring Martha. But only now I noticed he was much bigger than an ordinary wolf, maybe he was an Alpha wolf? The big wolf looked at the boy in the bed, looked at us and laid on the floor, almost as if he had also fainted.

This just made Martha even more confused about what was going on and she was looking at me with a confused look demanding an explanation.

"So, honey... I was looking after the plantation when..." I told her the whole story. She heard what I said with a slightly dubious look, she looked at the boy lying on the bed and let out a sigh.

"You know he's about his age, right? And yet you put him in his bed." Martha sighed as she sat next to the unconscious boy.

"I know, baby... John would have been at the same age as this kid if... anyways. Let's at least help him. Until he can leave on his own." I said with a sad look while seeing my wife's condition.

She was at that moment sitting next to the boy while caressing his hand and imagining that our son was here.

John was our son, who by unfortunate fate died during postpartum complications. Martha always felt devastated, even becoming depressed for years, refusing to see anyone other than myself or a long-time friend of hers.

Several nights I caught her crying till today, mourning our lost son.

Our house has only two bedrooms, so in order not to put the boy on the couch or in our bedroom, since we didn't know how long he would be unconscious, I decided to put him in John's room.

At least Martha reacted better than I had expected.

=== Joh-El POV ==

When the woman saw that I was awake, an even more worried look appeared on her face and she rushed over to my side to see how I was "Calm down, don't try to get up at once."

I leaned on my back at the head of the bed and looked at it with a curious look. "Where am I?" I asked.

Hearing my question, she answered. "My husband found you passed out in our fields after running out of the woods with your friend."

"Friend?" I asked while trying to understand what was going on.

Without saying anything, she pointed at the wolf who was sleeping in the corner of the room. When I noticed Krypto sleeping next door in the room, I was relieved, since he would not let me fall into any kind of danger.

"I'm at your house, but where is your house?" I asked curiously since I've never seen a house like this before.

"What do you mean? We're in New York." She said with a confused look on her face.

"New York... I don't know this place. What planet are we on?" I asked again, with a frown forming on my face.

"Planet"? Ohh, maybe you hit your head when you fell. The planet is called Earth, in the solar system, in the Milky Way, remember?" She answered with a warm smile.

"Earth, solar system, Milky Way... aren't we on Krypton?" I asked with a concerned look.

"Krypton"? I don't know a place called that." She answered me confused.

When Krypton heard me speak, the dog Krypto thought I was speaking his name and raised his head with a sore look looking around in confusion. Feeling like he was in an unknown place, he got up scared looking for something he could trust, until his eyes met mine. Without thinking twice, the huge dog that was over 1.2m tall when standing up jumped with his front paws on me and started licking me in happiness.

The jump of the huge animal that looked like a wolf on me frightened the woman and she walked away a little reflexively but seeing that he was licking me tenderly while I stroked his long hair made her calm down a bit.

"You... take it easy, you were passed out, don't shake too much." She said in a worried tone of voice.

Krypto listened to her advice and worried about me and stopped licking me and sat on the floor beside the bed looking at the two of us with a look that said. "You can leave it to me, I'll just watch."

Surprised the big "wolf" obeyed her, the woman took an aluminum glass and gave it to me saying. "Drink some warm water, it might do you good."

I looked at the glass in her hand and took it, but to my surprise, no, to the surprise of the three of us here in the room, the aluminum glass dented in my hand like clay, pouring all the water into me.

"I... was this glass supposed to be this fragile?" I asked.

75