05 – Sun
4.2k 10 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with a renewed look on my face. Yesterday, while I was lying in bed getting ready to sleep, I started thinking about everything that has happened today.

The location of my parents is uncertain, but I will not give up looking for them, not even my brother Kal-El, who can be anywhere in the universe.

The fear I had until now, If something had happened to them became my motivation to become stronger and able to find them and help them.

I got up from the bed that I had been brought onto yesterday, ... as of today, my name is John Griffin, son of Charles and Martha Griffin.

I caressed Krypto's head that was sleeping on the floor next to the door to wake him up and went downstairs to have breakfast with my new parents. This scenario was a bit strange, after all, we met just yesterday, but all the love and affection Martha and Charles had shown me already made it easier to feel welcomed by them.

"Today I'm going to the notary's office to ask Rob to make a change in identity." My new father commented.

"All right, I'll take the day off to help John get used to our customs and common sense, and get to know the countryside. Then we can go to the city since he'd have to go to N.Y. to go to school anyway." My new mother commented, clearly excited.

After the meal, my father got into a car from this planet and drove to downtown New York to change my identity.

While my mother was washing the dishes that were dirtied during our breakfast, I opened the front door to look outside, Krypto passed me and run towards the grass, excited to finally go out. But something strange happened. He had rushed out of the house, but as he passed through the sunlight he suddenly stopped where he was and apparently began to think of something as he faced the sun.

*Bark* He turned to me and barked very loudly as he swung his tail from side to side.

I was curious to know what made him so excited and I followed him out of the house, as I passed through the door and came into contact with the sun, I had the same reaction as him.

I froze momentarily and looked up trying to understand what was happening.

I thought my abnormal strength was due to bathing in some kind of special water, but as I came into contact with the sun, at that moment the feeling of becoming stronger had returned to me, every minute I felt my body lighter and lighter, my hearing got sharper and sharper, and my vision getting better and better allowing me to see further.

Krypto, who also seemed to be going through the same feeling, looked at me with his tail wagging even faster.

Then I grabbed a piece of wood on the ground and threw it with all my might. The piece of wood flew away at a frightening speed, and even more frightening was the huge animal that looked like a white wolf running after it with even greater speed.

Suddenly, Krypto jumped up from the ground, he reached a height of at least 4 meters.

Leaving me and my mother with open mouths, when I looked at him he was facing me, with the wood I threw in his mouth while telling me to go get him.

Feeling challenged and wanting to test my strength, I started running towards him and little by little I felt that things were passing by faster and faster. In less than 7 seconds I ran the 100 meters and got face to face with the huge dog.

I didn't stop to think, but the speed I had reached, passed 100 meters in 7 seconds and was probably something around 50km/h, a higher speed than the world's fastest human I guess.

I faced Krypto's eyes, who at the same time faced mine as he tried to figure out where I would go.

I made a quick left step and he fell for it, running to my right. Being just a feint, I quickly went after him and we started running together around the field as our speeds grew more and more.

Fortunately, little by little I was able to reach Krypto due to the use of my Intelligence, since our speeds were practically the same.

While all this was going on, in the kitchen window, my new mother watched us running across the field and playing with a small satisfied smile, wondering if the original John would also play like that with his dog.

Taking on the role as my mother apparently made her accept my new powers more easily and for her, our running speed was normal.

...

I laid on top of Krypto's fur in the shade of a tree while we both breathed heavily from running around so long. Because we stayed in the sun, our speed didn't stop rising, so much so that at some point I began to feel that things were happening a little slower than usual, enabling me to adapt to gravity in a different way to increase efficiency.

But unfortunately, my first experiment in this area was not successful. I felt like I was racing at the least 100km/h when I had the brilliant idea of using one of the trees as my footrest to try and stop my race faster, but the tree was more fragile than I had expected, and I was going at a faster speed than the cars in this world. When I tried to lean with both feet on a tree to stop horizontally, I felt that my speed had slowed down, but not totally stopped.

This resulted in the tree bursting with my weight and I continued the path horizontally towards the other tree.

After that accident, my mother and Krypto came running at me to see if everything was okay, and for the first time since I got here, I noticed a gloomy look on my mother's face, who for at least 30 minutes kept saying to be more careful and that what I did was very dangerous. And I couldn't even get angry that she was scolding me, because the concern for my safety was so clear when she was saying it, I could only get happy and feel satisfied that I had now found such a family.

73