06 – S
3.8k 11 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you really think it's okay for you to go to school? If there's a problem, we can teach you at home." My mother said to me while she gave me a worried look.

Now I was getting ready in my bedroom in front of the mirror. Honestly, it was a headache getting my hair done. As I became stronger with the sunlight, my hair also became more beautiful, but much more resistant. To the point that in order to get my hair cut, the only person with enough strength was myself. Instead of small knives, I had to improvise with a very sharp knife and step by step cut the threads, completely destroying the poor knife in the process.

My reflection was very good. I managed to get a degree-cut on the sides of my hair even though the difficulty was insane, but for the top, I had a harder time. That part was more rebellious, so in order to not destroy five other knives, I just tried my best not to let my hair get entangled and made the top feel up.

My Kryptonian eyes were blue, but so blue that they looked like lighted beacons. I had to wear my dad's round sunglasses, which he said were steampunk style.

Adding that to a black leather jacket we bought together when my parents first came to introduce me to the city, I was really looking a lot like what they call a bad boy. Something very popular in this land during those years.

"It's okay, mom, don't you trust me?" I asked with a smile as I stared at her after lifting the sunglasses for my hair.

"I trust your personality, but you still don't know how to control your powers." She said in a lost tone of voice as she looked at the wall of my room that was covered by some wood planks temporarily.

"That was a slip up, Krypto had taken the jacket you gave me... you know how much it matters to me right? " I said as I caressed the first gift they both chose for me.

"Ahh, all right. But don't say these kind of things, you know I easily get sentimental." She said while she sighed.

"But no superpowers, huh? You know what happened to Captain America, right?" She asked me.

"Yes, Mother, he died because he was careless with his enemies." I said it while I rolled my eyes.

"All right, your dad said he'd give you something for your first day at school, he's waiting downstairs, let me give you a kiss." She came towards me and kissed my forehead, a common action that I liked very much by the way.

I went downstairs and found my dad propped up with his back to the wall while playing with something in his hands.

"Hey, Dad, Mom said that you wanted to tell me something." I said this while I was anchoring myself to the wall next to him.

"John, I know your mother is worried for you, but since you told me the meaning of the symbol stamped on the chest of your toga, I couldn't stop thinking about something. From what you told us about your old parents, they were wonderful people, and I'm sure they would want you to do the right thing, so honor the symbol of your El house and be the hope for others. I'll cover you in case anything happens, so just be careful. Okay?" he said as he opened his hand to me and showed me a little brooch with the letter "S" from this world that he had probably made by hand.

"Dad... I..." I did not know what to say, I felt the words stuck in my chest, but only by noticing his gaze did I know that he had understood what I meant. Stopping trying to explain in words, I gave him a hug to explain in actions.

It has been 3 weeks since I had arrived here on this planet and I had already attached myself to my new parents, of course, without forgetting the old ones.

And one day when I was coming back from the area market...

...

I was carrying a bag full of seeds in one hand, spinning in the other a bag with some snacks that Krypto loved, and whistling a fun song that I heard playing on the radio, until suddenly I saw a woman being pulled by a pair of hands inside an alley.

Worried about her, I ran back to see what was happening and witnessed one of the most horrible scenes I had ever seen in my life.

Two men were pulling down their pants while they held the woman's arms, legs and covered her mouth so she couldn't resist after they tore her dress and threw it aside. Seeing that, the "El" blood in my body started to stir and I had to do something about it.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" I screamed in anger.

Hearing someone shouting at them, the two bad guys got scared at first, but seeing that it was just a teenager they relaxed and showed a look of contempt by shouting at me while pointing a gun in my direction. "Get out of here if you don't want to die boy, be glad that we spare your life hahaha!"

I looked into the eyes of the woman who desperately tried to escape the clutches of these men while rivers of tears flowed down her face. What she meant by that look was obvious: "Save me."

I didn't think twice, even though I had only been on the planet for 3 weeks and my strength was still not powerful enough to be invincible, I took the heavy bag of seeds that I was holding and threw it at one man and ran towards the other. When the bag hit him unprepared, the impact on his chest made him fall to the ground without air, his hands tried to grab the air in desperation to try to breathe, but any attempt was in vain.

The other man, who was holding the gun, was frightened at how far his partner flew, so he aimed the gun at me and shot.

I got shot when I was in the middle of the way and my shoulder pulled back a bit, but I didn't stop. Before the man could understand why I didn't fall for his gunshot even though I was a teenager, I punched him in the chest with all my strength and I definitely felt some ribs being broken as he fell with difficulty breathing exactly like the other man.

I stopped caring about the two of them and went to help the woman. She was still crying in a corner, maybe even traumatized. When she noticed that the men who were trying to rape her were lying on the ground, without thinking twice she ran and hugged me, the only person who could make her feel safe at that moment, the only person who could give her... hope...

When I came home with a gunshot wound, my mother almost fainted from worrying about losing another child, but even with her giving me a moral lesson to be more careful, I could feel that inside she was proud of me for having helped a defenseless woman.

...

Since that day I have nurtured a desire to want to use my superpowers to help defenseless people, wronged people, people of good against evil people who wanted to do evil.

My father had the same thought as me that "If I can save people, I must save people."

And the S that he gave me now, represented the hope that I should bring to those I saved, just like that woman.

Ohh, and some people told me that even if the fanfic is still new, there might still be people interested in reading all the advanced chapters, so I've already created patreon.
If you're interested in helping me and reading all the chapters already written, go to:
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd

Or in the button bellow ↓↓↓

69