09 – Again
3k 8 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So basically you're humans who have a different gene named X?" I asked Remy while we had lunch in the cafeteria.

The class had been good, during the presentation of each student, the teacher asked me to take off my sunglasses. I tried to protest, but he was inflexible. No more options, I took off my glasses showing everyone my bright blue eyes.

Apparently the teacher regreted making this decision, since after this happened, none of the students paid attention to him, just staring at my eyes and making comments to each other about my appearance.

Unfortunately for them, I had a super hearing, which made me able to hear all the comments they made, I even stared at those doing it and laughing with the shy reaction the girls showed when I stared at them.

"Yes, that's basically it. But how come you never heard of mutants, bro? They make stories about them on television all the time." Remy asked me incredulously because I really had no idea what they were. At first he thought I was joking, but when he saw my serious look, or rather my serious countenance, since I had put on my sunglasses again when class was over, he began to explain to me what they looked like.

"I'm a farm boy. My parents always taught me at home and I never felt like going out to watch TV." I said as I took a bite out of the sandwich that my mother had made, the taste was exceptional as always! Much better than Krypton foods that only focused on effectiveness and ignored taste.

"Ohh, so you're a doing boy? Now I understand why I've never seen those eyes anywhere before." Emilia arrived with her two friends and sat at our table to accompany us.

"Wsup, your boyfriend won't be mad again?" I teased after giving them a light nod and turning my attention to my sandwich.

"Boyfriend? Are you talking about Grant? Nah, he's just a follower, who, because he's stronger than the other kids, tries to make me stay away from anyone of the opposite sex". She said as she rolled her eyes.

"So now that you've found someone who's not afraid of him, your interest has been aroused?" Remy, who was no longer as nervous as he was in the hall when we met her said with a smile on his face as if he had understood everything.

"Hm, I think you're right, Remy." Emilia openly admitted while shrugging and opened a pot with some small sandwiches.

"Have your eyes always been like this, Remy?" One of Emilia's friends, Anna, asked Remy with a curious look.

Noting that her question contained only curiosity without any malice behind it, Remy felt less nervous but still answered. "Yes, since I was born they've been like that, so much so that's why my parents left me in an orphanage."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know..." Anna said with a guilty look, which calmed him down a bit. Remy then answered with a smile.

After class, Remy called me to go for a walk in the city, he said that there was another bus that would pass by the way to our houses and that today he would pay my ticket since it was our first time.

At first, I was worried about my parents, but after remembering what my father told me, I knew he would at least try to calm down my mother.

Remy who knew this New York neighborhood like the back of his hand introduced me to some interesting places, some restaurants he said I should try one day, some places not to visit and several other fun places.

The rhythm of that city reminded me a little of Krypton. Since the metropolises there were immense, that city was the closest I have come to a city like Krypton's.

"And here we are, in my favorite place!" He said as he opened his hands and showed me the greatness of a place called... arcade.

Seeing his excited face I couldn't help but try any of Krypton's video games, these machines were like scrap parts to me.

Remy stayed the whole tour with his mouth open in amazement to see me break the records of every gaming machine I tried as if I was a pro at them. Sure, maybe the fact that I used my heightened senses and my altered perception of time to play made the game easier than it should have been for me, but it wasn't my fault that they hadn't made the game so difficult that I couldn't spend eternity playing without dying.

Leaving with a lollipop in our mouths, Remy and I walked around town again when I remembered the subject we were discussing, which was about him being a mutant. "You told me that mutants had special skills, what's yours?" I asked him, but before he could answer, I heard a muffled cry for help with my super hearing and ran to help the person at a still believable speed that a human could run.

Remy got a little scared by my attitude and gave up on me while running after me worried about what had happened that caused me to suddenly act like this.

When I arrived at the entrance of a dark alley, which by the way made me sigh at the lack of creativity of these people for always using dark alleys to commit the crimes, I noticed four men trying to kidnap a scared little boy.

Remy was shocked by the scene that was happening in front of us and tried to pull my arm for us to get out of there, but to his amazement, it was as if he was pulling up a concrete wall. I didn't move a millimeter.

I looked at the child who looked about 3 years old at most and wondered if this boy was my little brother, Kal-El, how I would feel. Then I noticed I was running at my top speed towards the men.

*Booom* A man flew towards a wall and knocked down some of the bricks*

Scared by the sudden noise, the other men quickly pointed their guns at me.

In the time they used to aim the weapons at me I ran to the nearest man and broke his hand holding the gun, using my own hand.

His cries of agony rushed the other men who pulled the trigger of their guns in fright.

I felt two strong strokes, one on my left arm and one on my belly. The pain of taking a shot was unbearable, but at least it was much less than when I first took one. I knew I was doing something wrong in trying to help people, I shouldn't be shot every time, but seeing someone suffering in despair made me lose my temper both times and act rashly.

*Bang, Bang * Two more shots came and this time I felt a pain in my right arm and a pain in my rib cage*

Now I was really scared, I didn't think they would reload the gun so fast, at least they were bad at aiming, if not even my Kryptonian resistance couldn't take four shots to the head.

I looked at them again and when I noticed the two guns pointed at my head my heart froze. I didn't know it, but my eyes went red at that time and instead of a light blue glow that they usually had, they now looked like two red headlights shining brighter and brighter.

My enhanced vision saw their fingers about to squeeze the trigger, when suddenly a card, the queen of Heart, shining in purple hue passed by me at a speed that I would have difficulty diverting and flew towards the two men.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd

61