14 – Soccer
2k 0 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm, since we only have two players, let's make a smaller field and use those two tree trunks to simulate the trees." I said as I put the last log to form the goals of our little camp. "Krypto, bring us the ball!"

Krypto who was running after the ball that my father lent us was a little disappointed, but he brought the ball nonetheless.

"Since we're not normal people, our game won't be normal either. We'll follow the rules you said about how the game works, but we'll make an exception about the injury part. We'll use our powers and see how the game goes, what do you think?" I said as I positioned the ball in the middle of the field.

"Okay, I guess it'll be funnier too." Remy said while opening some decks of cards and keeping them ready for when he would need to use them.

As it was just the two of us, we decided that the ball would stay in the middle of the pitch while we would each go for our respective goals. When Krypto barked to indicate the start of the match, we would run to the ball and try to catch it. Whoever reached it first would stay there and keep it.
*Bark! * Krypto barked too loudly but it signified the start of the match.

I started running and knew I was much faster than Remy, but he wouldn't accept that rule if he wasn't ready.

Then when I was halfway there, I saw Remy throwing a card towards the ball. With my improved vision, I saw that the card wouldn't hit the ball and it would pass by it, but that worried me since if the card burst after passing by the ball, the kinetic energy of the explosion would send the ball flying in Remy's direction.

So I used the idea Krypto gave me when we arrived. When the card was coming close to the ball I tried to blow towards the card. As the card was flying at a very high speed and I had never tried to do that before, I just managed to make the card shake a bit and slightly alter its course in the air, but that was enough. Instead of the card passing straight, it hit the ball minimally, making it explode from the side and send the ball flying to my feet.

Remy seeing this was surprised since he didn't expect me to be able to do it. But seeing me running towards him too fast, he quickly threw 4 fan-shaped cards towards the ground, causing me to lose control of the ball because of the explosions.

The ball had been sent in another direction, I changed my path and ran after the ball with my superior speed, while Remy played a few cards to try to control the ball's path remotely.
I used my breath to try to get in the way of the cards initially, but Remy was adapting to that and sending faster and stronger cards at points where even if I interfered a little with the path, I still wouldn't get in the way of his plan.

But eventually, I got the ball. But this time, instead of running to him, I decided to take a kick from here. 

Seeing my smile on my face, Remy got ready too and got serious. I didn't wait for him to fully prepare and kicked the ball with all my might.

Krypto and I could already hear the ball shaking after the kick, hear the cut in the air it made when it was sent flying a few meters. But from that kick of mine, the ball flew so fast that even a normal person could know where the ball was and where it was heading by the whistle the ball produced when cutting the wind. The problem is that a normal person would not have the time to react.

That ball was definitely flying at over 300km/h but Remy didn't seem to have any intention of letting that ball through. His eyes began to glow in a scarlet-purple tone and all the cards in his deck began to float around him as if they were in orbit.

In a fraction of a second, all the cards that were floating went towards the ball and began to explode in sequence, one after the other trying to slow the ball down until when the ball was at a mere 80km/h, Remy took the deck box and threw it to the ball.

*Boom*

The explosion of the box was a few times bigger than the explosion of a card, and that was enough to deflect the path of the ball and hit the trunk that I had placed as goalposts, knocking it down in the process.

"Ahh no!" I screamed as I pretended I'd lost the long battle.

"Mwahaha, it seems your atomic kick is no match for my 68 layers of young grasshopper defense." He laughed as if he'd made some special move.

Hearing what he said, I stopped screaming and looked at him with a serious look. "You may have won the battle, but you didn't win the war! You have no more ammunition to use, I won! Mwahahaha!" I've started laughing now and demonstrating my superiority.

...

** Martha POV**

While I was doing the dishes, the window facing the kitchen sink gave me a view of the yard. There, I saw the boys training and I admit that at various times I went outside and told them to stop, but I knew it wouldn't work, and even if it did, it would only be worse for John.

He always made it clear to us how good his parents were and that he wanted to be like them, so I know that if he wants to use his powers to be good to other people and help them, he's going to need to be strong. And I'm really glad that Remy came to help John with this training.

The two of them seemed to get along very well, even making me think they were older than their age, but after their football match started... I realized they were really 14 years old... the laughter, the jokes, seeing them having fun like that while playing football made me calmer.

================
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd
Discord: https://discord.gg/aTVfQdt

49