16 – Third
3.1k 7 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While still in mid-air, I adjusted my body to land on the back of one of the five men. And it was a success, the man fell to the ground screaming in fear and pain at the same time, but I didn't give them a chance to react and I quickly launched the man closest to me towards another man. These two probably couldn't participate in the battle anymore, as I felt his ribs break in my hand before he was thrown like a rag-doll.

During that time I trained with Remy back home, all the training was done under the sun so that I could absorb as much solar energy as possible, or as I like to call it affectionately, to do my photosynthesis.

With three men disabled, the two remaining men pulled the boy they had kidnapped close and held a gun to his head. "Don't move or I'll shoot." Said the man holding the boy hostage.

Feeling the gun against his head made the boy very scared and while he was crying, with my super hearing I could hear him saying "Help me" in a low voice.

This situation frightened me a bit because the life of the boy depended on me at that moment, but that was exactly what gave me strength.

A slight purple glow appeared from above the building behind the men and I understood that it was my sign, so I inhaled some air and when the purple light began to descend on the men I blew with all my might and a very strong cold wind destabilized the men for a second. But that second was enough for Gambit's card to reach the hand of man and explode, launching it away.

*Bang*

Because of the cold wind, the man's finger that took longer than it should have, pulled the trigger and when the bullet was fired, Gambit's explosion had already changed the gun's aim, making it hit the alley wall.

I didn't waste the time in which the man did not understand what was going on and ran to him at my top speed and punched his face. The other man who was just armed with a knife ran to my back and tried to stab me.

But as if I had eyes on my back, I instantly moved to the right making his knife go straight next to me. The training we did all week long, coupled with my Kryptonian brain making me learn much faster than an average human was responsible for me being able to dodge this knife without even looking at it.

Without turning to the man who missed his stab, I just turned around and hit him with my elbow, making him fly a few feet with his mouth bleeding from the blow that broke his teeth.
The boy who had been scared by the noise of the shot ran behind me and hid in my leather jacket like it was an armor to protect himself.

The five men were groaning on the floor when a woman entered the alley looking for something. Seeing the boy hiding behind me, she shouted "Let go of my son!"

I turned and faced her with confusion. But feeling Johnny still clinging to me in shock, I bent down and told him through my mask as I stroked his head. "Hey Johnny, your mom's calling you, go to her."

Hearing what I said, the little boy woke up from his stupor and turned to run towards his mother.

While I was talking to the boy, his mother saw the five men unconscious in the alley and understood that I was actually most likely responsible for rendering these armed men unconscious and saving her son. After checking on him, she quickly apologized to me. "Sorry hero, I didn't mean to yell at you, I was just worried about my son, thanks for saving him."

Hearing what she said, I gave her a smile, even if she couldn't see and said. "Don't worry lady, if it happened to me, I know my mother would do the same thing." I turned around and picked up the leg of the man I had knocked down when I jumped off the building, getting ready to leave when I heard the woman say something again.

"You... what's your name?" She asked a little nervously. "I want to know the name of the hero who saved my son."

I remembered the nickname that the first boy had given me when I saved him, and even more so because of the symbol of Hope on my chest that to the earthlings was like an "S" and I answered. "I am Superboy." Finishing speaking, I held the scared man's shirt tight and jumped 5 meters and grabbed a ladder scale before jumping another 5 meters on another nearby ladder and quickly disappeared amidst the buildings.

Upstairs, Gambit was staring funnily at me, trying to hold back his laughter as he said. "All right, Superboy." He said with an ironic tone. "Do you want to do this or do I?"

Without thinking twice I threw the man I carried over the building in his direction and watched as he used some Thieves Guild tactics to interrogate the man and get information about the Scientists Guild.

*Wheeew*

Hearing the siren coming, I stood up from my squatting position and waved to Gambit, who understanding my signal that the police was coming, knocked the man unconscious and threw him on a ladder where the police could see him.

As we walked out of there over the buildings, I asked excitedly. "So, how was I?"

"I'd say you did pretty good. The way you dodged that stab was good. I think we can make your training more intense now, so you can dodge bullets without seeing or hearing it being fired." He said. "Not to mention, seeing your interaction with the woman and the child gave me the idea of letting you take care of our foreign relations since I don't think I would do as well."

I imagined him not saying anything and just ignoring the woman as he left there and knew that he was very likely to actually do it. "Was the information he said true?"

"I trust my interrogation tactics, when you get stronger you can trust your hearing to know whether or not he's lying from his heartbeat." He said confidently.

"Yeah, I can't hear right yet, it's unreliable." I said it while I kept running.

"Well, we know Scientists Guild would send someone to meet those men tomorrow in their hiding place to pick up the child, what will we do for the rest of the day?" He asked me.

I thought for a while, but I quickly responded. "Let's be heroes! I'm hearing a robbery eight blocks away in that direction." I said as I pointed in one direction and ran at full speed as Remy tried to follow me to our third heroic act.
================
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd

50