Chapter 71: Intense Bodily Clashs?!
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rhaghav Babu strutted his bulky frame to meet his loathsome opponent. 

(Why must Lord Caleyar put me against him out of all people. Could it be he wants me to punish him again on behalf of all of our brothers and sisters?) Suddenly, his ears picked up the spitting roars of the crowd. Glancing between the audience and Wang, his eyes gleamed with conviction. 

No.

This was not solely on behalf of all of the brothers and sisters.

It was for the sake of all. For the sake of the world.

A strange feeling coursed through his body. Instinctively, he raised his head to one particular man. 

That man was the King of the Cresuilge Kingdom. 

From a brief moment of eye contact, the feelings of the people were bestowed and burdened onto his girthy shoulders. Rhaghav's fighting spirit burned. Without wasting time, Rhaghav balled his right hand into a fist, and his left hand opened to a palm, firmly resting against his knuckles [hold palm salute]. Then, he immediately went to fulfil his given duty, changing his gait to form mighty strides. 

It should be noted that the hold palm salute was an etiquette used by the Gigans. It was always used before battle or oftentimes to show respect. Occasionally, it was used as a greeting, especially during formal occasions such as young Gigans greeting their Gigan elders or gatherings. 

"Wang Yong!"

However, Wang Yong only glimpsed at him for a fraction of a moment, waved at him as if he was another pedestrian, and returned to strolling in the streets.

"WANG YONG!"

Wang Yong, who was in the middle of his daily affairs, raising an eyebrow, turned to Rhaghav. 

"Oh, so it's you!!"

"Yes! It is me! Rhaghav Babu!" He delivered three hefty slaps to his own chest. 

"I see . . . I see . . . ? Rahaav? Infer . . . Bumpkin!" 

"Must I smack your eyes open? Take a good look again!" Rhaghav was steadily reaching the limits of his assiduous temper towards him.

Wang conducted a flimsy study as if he was giving a cursory glance. The bumpkin in front of him wore very simple drab attire with no accessories or embellishments. Judging by the wrinkles and minor stains, he must have worn his current wear often. Though considering his body build, it suggested that the clothing was quite durable. He flinched when he saw his shoes: they were sandals. Immediately after, he gazed over to his chest where his arm was still laid. Though it was partially covered, he could see the Gigan insignia.

"Blah! You are not purely another bumpkin, but additionally an abhorrent musclehead as well!" Wang started to become irritated. He thought his opponent would just be a random commoner. They all appeared the same to him. 

"Wang Yong, you are driving my patience! However, I am a fair and principled man. Take my kind gesture and go request a change of clothes! Your guise is unwelcome here. 

"Guise? Are you implying this Yong is not this Yong?!" 

"Insolence! Mind the tourney, you are on the Stage of Knights. You are about to engage in a courtly duel. Not engage in a fools’ gathering!" 

(“Courtley”? “Fools’ gathering”? This unintelligent meathead has the audacity to speak such nonsense?!)

"You are truly living your years as a barbarian! Not even the very waters you meatheads are so proud of can salvage you."

The two of them bickered with vicious insults, like mortal enemies, back and forth until finally, Rhaghav could not take it any longer.

"I can not accommodate you any longer. Remember this Wang Yong, in spite of our past grievances, I still attempted to be just, with you. However your arrogance, much like your Feeria peers, is insufferably excessive! As one of the brothers of the Orphanage children, I shall smack you into discipline!"

Not permitting a chance for the Wang to argue back, Rhaghav distastefully saluted to Wang and turned to the mute judge. 

The judge sternly nodded. "Participants, the duel will now begin!" 

(Tsk. What past grievances? I do not recall being affiliated with muscle heads.) 

"Come come come. The feet of the boar acts before its head." 

"Hrmph!" Before Rhaghav could move his muscles to psych himself up into a charge towards his target, Wang had already shamefully used a high tier powerful hidden technique: Super Pedes Vetum

"What?! Could that be the high tier body enhancement movement art?! Super Pedes Vetum?!" a Feeria man cried out in surprise.

"Yes it must be! The high speed hidden technique that allows one to run like the wind, breach across miles of land in minutes, and outrun hoards of beasts!" a Feeria woman verified.

"Body enhancement spell from a Feeria?! How rare! I've never seen that before," a knight yelled.

Rhaghav's eyes swayed left and right like a swing, hypnotised from Wang's vast speed. He could barely maintain his eyes on his figure before it was clouded away from the upheaval of sand. Wang did not even seem to be fazed from bumping into the barriers of the arena in order to ricochet his body for an increase in momentum and speed. What Rhaghav could not understand was why he was so hunched forward as if he was going to fall over. 

"Wait! Why are his skinny legs so big and beefy now? They look as plump as boulders!" a Feeria practitioner questioned.

"Then is it not the Super Pedes Vetum? What is this movement art?!" 

"WANG YONG! You wish to fight with your body against a Gigan? No problem. This brother will not be outdone!" Unwilling to be defeated in his own department, Rhaghav's legs muscles expanded and grew larger. Unlike Wang, his plump legs were uniformly proportionate to his body physique and grew bigger than him. To be equal, he only expanded his lower half to match his opponent. After channelling his growth spurt, he ran towards Wang.

Once again, Wang met the wall of the barrier; his nose slumped and crushed under the friction. "Shit! Shit! Shit! What went wrong with the formula? My legs are as ugly as giants, and my body feels as heavy as lead!" Wang cussed under his breath, mystified. Squinting his boggled eyes through the sand, he saw an angry wild boar charge towards him.

(Tsk!! So slow!! You are a titan; a tank? Why couldn't you boast about it? You caused this young master Yong to disgrace himself!) Wrathful from his discovery, Wang urged his uncontrollable body to maneuver away from the incoming beast. Unfortunately, his body failed to listen to him.

"You may be fast, but my timing will be impeccable!" 

*BOOM!*

Wang Yong was sent soaring backwards, hitting a new face and a new side of the barrier. However, gathered momentum continued its motion! The back of his body collided and rebounded him in the direction of the boar. Wang felt exhilarated, and he raised his elevated knees on the fly to deliver a series of stomps.

Rhaghav roared, briefly buffing his legs to meet the one-man stampede head on! 

*BOOM!!* 

Rhaghav tumbled and thumped to the ground. He groaned beneath the weighty hooves of the horse as they squashed and grinded his upper body before returning back to the grassy paddocks.

Rhaghav, a little numb, cast aside his migraine and steadily rose back to his feet. He saw the horse gallop into the opposite wall of where he soared, crashing into the wall, spinning around twice, and inevitably move en route for him again. 

"Again!" Rhaghav growled in a fit of pique. 

***

 

"Heavens! How many times has it been? Five crossovers?!"

"Six crossovers!"

"The Gigan child has fallen over six times! And each proceeding flying kick tackle held more speed and power than the precedent!"

"Intense! Intense! This battle is intense!"

The thronged crowd felt jubilant from spectating this intense fight. A mage toppling down a body consolidator through brute strength? That was not an event one would see every day. 

Although it appeared that Wang had the upper hand, this was false. While his legs were indeed heavy and big, they were not strong at all compared to a body consolidator's strength. In fact, at most, it was just a couple of weights appended on his movement body's constitution. The only reason that Wang overwhelmed Rhaghav was due to the sheer gathered momentum, speed, and power of ricocheting off the barriers, and inherent extreme speed of his hidden technique. 

Consequently, Wang's pain threshold exceeded Rhaghav, leading him to suffer many times more!

Colliding with Rhaghav was, essentially, him driving himself into a hard wall. 

That was ironically familiar . . .

Not to mention, Rhaghav focused almost entirely on consolidating his defence in his practices as a body consolidator. That was a tank: a titan. During his time in Gigan, he trained and belonged under one of the Five Martial Sects of Gigan—the Titan Sect.  

"Aaauuugghh . . . This can't go on!" Wang moaned. Internally, his muscles were teary and aching from the spasms racking his body. He endured the silent tears threatening to leak from his eyes and performed a particular countermeasure . . .

1