Chapter 72: Intense Bodily Clashs?! Part 2
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang was reluctantly approaching Rhaghav at high speeds; a few metres away from a collision.

He had to do something, or he would seriously be in big trouble. It wouldn't be a matter of simply being defeated. 

Desperately guiding his flailing arms into position, Wang ushered and begged in his crumbling heart for the incantation to succeed its effect.

"Hidden technique: Fire Thorns Blazed Shield."

*BOOM!!*

A red cloud of gas emerged, following the violent crash. It happened so fast that the spectators were unable to even glimpse of what had occurred.  

Rhaghav had no recollection of the seconds of impact. All he saw was bare red, and he felt as though he kicked through a shrub of fire. Oddly, a prickly and tingly sensation remained on particular parts of his body. The sensations were scorching, and intermittently caused a jabbing jolt of pain depending on how his body moved. It was as if he was thorned by spikes. 

When the redness dissipated, he saw a sizzling white Wang in the middle of turning beet pinkish-red. Additionally, there were clear fumes of steam rising and spreading outwards from his body. The arrival of the new temperature in the air served to indicate how ablaze Wang was.

Many spectators could not fathom the transformation of Wang, but the Gigans and body consolidators were startled into respect. They believed that Wang had utilised a secret breathing technique that increases his blood flow. It was a feat only capable of being pulled off from body consolidators with a strong body and having precise control over their anatomy's workings. How can it be a work of a spell? They all saw Wang's physical prowess live from their very own eyes and heard the disputes of the Feerias regarding his speed technique. This Wang Yong had to be one of them, or at the minimum focused his movement techniques on body enhancement. 

"Wang Yong." The dishevelled Rhaghav trudged into the steam to face Wang. "You have opened this brother's eyes. I have come to dawn on the way you are Wang." Waving an arm, he whirled the steam impairing the closure and soberly gazed at him. "An acquaintance of mine . . .  no, a brother of mine referred to you as “irritable Yong”. To be straight from the shoulder with you, I shamefully, wholeheartedly conceded to this belief. Your arrogance is as abundant as his, and you both are men who condemn others with disdain." Crestfallen, he firmly shook his head apologetically. "However, he has an ambition worthy of respect that is admirable. And now, having had our burning bodies touch one another . . . You as well, have my admiration."

Since the moment he had felt his body go ablaze, Wang had been blinking his eyes, wondering what was going on with his body. He didn't understand why he felt like he was in the interior of a hot sauna. The smouldering air emitted out from his body mildly suffocated him, and though it was resistible, it precipitated a blockage in his ears hindering his hearing. Thankfully for him, his technique had abated the damage from Rhaghav and dealt some considerable damage discerning from his appearance. 

(I suppose the faults materialised from casting the spell in a rushed, disorganised manner. Tsk. I guess for a shield it was . . . adequate.) Coming into acceptance, he nodded to himself.

Whether he was listening or not from Rhaghav's words was not a matter of importance. Wang's mind was preoccupied with settling his aching body and the next course of action. (Hmm? Where is that musclehead going? Does he plan to persist with his bestial assailment?)

"Hidden Art Titan Style: Titan Engulfs the Air and Bodies the Earth!!!"

Suddenly, Wang felt a powerful pressure quiver down his spine. Rhaghav had rotated around, drilled his robust enlarged legs, and crossed his arms downwards to lay levelled above his hips, undertaking a horse stance. 

"Haaaaaaaahhhhhh . . . " a raspy long-winded inhaling voice echoed the stage. Rhaghav's mouth was wide open, sucking in the oxygen of the air without a sign of stopping. It was as if he was a whale gulping a mass of plankton as nutrients. As the oxygen was voraciously devoured, his body, likewise to Wang, turned beet pinkish-red, and hot steam was discharged out of his body. He was vigorously controlling his mana seed to convert the engulfed oxygen as energy fuel to strengthen the functioning of his mana seed. The substantial increase of blood flow helps circulate the body's system, pumping and carrying the mana into the cells, tissues, muscles, and bones of his body, which have all increased in the capacity of their function. In turn, it creates a straight-up gargantuan body enhancement. 

Since Rhaghav had been undertaking defensive cultivation practices, his body was accustomed to taking in and hard condensing mana. Thus, although he did not appear to be enlarged at all, his gargantuan body enhancement made him super robust to the point that his muscles were far more defined. It was as if one were looking at a chiselled statue instead of flesh and bone.

That was solid! Get it?

However, it should be noted that this was an extremely powerful art bordering the levels of being a forbidden technique/art due to the costs of using it. During use, there would be an increase in metabolism in proportion to how much oxygen and energy is spent, resulting in the user to greatly require their hunger to be sated. After use, it was necessary for the user to have a period of rest to heal the strenuous operations of the body. Otherwise, there would be indefinite consequences to the body. 

 

***

 

"Could that be Rhaghav's gear second?" Dalis whispered.

"Insect . . . Are you so ignorant to not have knowledge of that art? That is the hallmark hidden art of Gigan, in titan form. Unfortunately, I'm in no mood to educate you." 

Melvin then found his eyes rested on the judge of that arena. This was one of the battles he was most focused on. Despite the nonsense and irritable Yong, the judge was stern at all times and collected. It bitterly plagued his mind comparing the distinction in attitude between his judge and that judge. The whole duration of his battles, he was subjected to malice, disgust, and contempt at the face and behind his back. How infuriating! Such indignation! He would fire him immediately if he was working under this Serven. 

"Looking for that judge?" 

Melvin did not understand how this insect was so perceptive. 

"Hmph. Slackers are unwelcome."

"I caught word that he had caught a cold."

Melvin's mood uplifted. "Ah—Oh is that so? Unfortunate, how unfortunate . . ."

Dalis shook his head. He did not have much money to spare, but he felt that the small fruit bowl and note he had purchased was worth it. It was the least he could do. 

 

***

 

A panting man roused from his deep painful slumber. 

He had experienced a nightmare. 

There were two obnoxious suave young boys in that dream. 

It was not pleasant. Not pleasant at all. 

He felt that he time travelled to yesterday and experienced the same events twice.

It was horrifying.

From the translucent fabric of his curtains, he felt relieved and thankful that it was over.

Raising himself from his bed, he stood up and slightly opened the curtains to embrace the day's sun.

Following the beam of light penetrating through the windows, he saw a fruit bowl seated upon one of his desks. 

Impetuously, he walked over and took a bite of an apple. The juices were fresh and succulent. In no time, he had finished the apple. 

When he went to pluck another fruit of his choosing, his eyes glazed over to find a small note. There was only a sentence with no name or detail of the sender, but it was enough to make his hands tremble and his feelings overflow.  

"You have my sympathies."  

Even if you were a grown man or woman, at times, it was okay to cry. 

 

***

 

"Brother Wang! I am coming!" Rhaghav bolted energetically towards Wang.

Wang became frightened and frozen with panic. He was quite debilitated to be able to conjure any more hidden techniques. The mana energy in his body was low and manipulating the natural mana was out of the question without conjunction with his own mana. From birth, the only domain he studied was high-level techniques. Yes, he was unable to materialise even the most rudimentary of spells. 

Sweating profusely though the drops evaporated the moment they were generated, he noticed something. Despite the body enhancement, Rhaghav was rather slow. It was an improvement but still slow. The movements were somewhat pallid and limp.

(Good good good! How can I cower under a wild injured boar? This boar has no tusks either! All of his meat goes to his belly. Although it is shameful, it may not be too deleterious for this Yong to have a short primitive course with these bumpkins.)

Wang sighed. He truly believed he was open-minded and magnanimous. After adjusting his shamrock hair, he went back a few steps and confidently rushed forward.

 

***

 

"Brother! Where is that strength you displayed earlier?!"

"Just die die die already!" Wang sloppily punched and kicked restlessly. His legs were swollen, battered, and disfigured at this point. It wouldn't take long for his sore arms to follow.

For the past few minutes, the crowd had become dumbstruck and mildly saddened. Albeit, there were at least a quarter of them very pleased with their viewing. Before Rhaghav had used his hidden art, the match between the two had been incredibly intense. The Feerias watching the match were frustrated. 

"Young master Yong!!"

"For a Feeria snob, he wasn't bad. Unfortunately, even his unknown breathing technique could not compare once Rhaghav had used our hidden art."

"That's right. Using the titan style of our hidden art makes one impregnable. Not even enchanted weapons and all those fancy spells can penetrate the skin. The least they can do is leave scars and blemishes."

"It is a shame, though. That was Rhaghav's trump card. Now it would be difficult for him to win his later battles," sighed a Gigan elder. 

"Use your techniques! There's no need to lay your clean hands on filth! Blow him up!" a Feeria yelped in distress.

"Disgraceful! Child, you are one of the geniuses of this generation. You cannot lose!"

Rhaghav's countenance continued to sink as each assault grew weaker and weaker. 

When he bolted towards Wang earlier, his leg had unexpectedly sent Wang flying the moment it collided with his kick. He believed he had simply managed to come up on top with that exchange. However, every exchange after it was always the same outcome. Rhaghav almost thought that he was kicking a soccer ball instead of a worthy duelling opponent. Now, Rhaghav just stood there and watched as Wang tried to treat him as a punching bag. (Just what happened brother? My kicks are not that strong, you know?)

And finally . . .

"Wang Yong has fallen unconscious, and hence, unable to continue duelling. Rhaghav Babu wins!"

1