Chapter 35: Pre-Soldier Exam (22) A Wild The Monster Appeared!
95 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note: One day, I hope to go back and add nice tables to this. >_>

 

Somewhere within the rustling Maizan Forest . . . 

Insert classic Pok***n Wild Encounter music.

 

A wild The Monster appeared!

 

ARROOO

 

"Rhinearian Beetle heed my call." 

The beetle growled in acknowledgement. 

(Now then . . . )

What will Rhinearian Beetle do?

 

Fight, Bag, 

Call for Backup, Run

 

 → Fight

Rhinearian Beetle fall back and use tackle!

"Rhine Rhine Rhine Rhine Rhine . . . "

"Rhinearian!" 

ARROOOO

The evolved wolf cried in pain. The swift blow by the beetle had dealt moderate damage to the beast. It was a surprising attack for The Monster because the beast had suddenly retreated in the middle of the tussle. Unfortunately for Dalis, that was probably the best assault he would be able to inflict for the remainder of the battle as the evolved wolf has now evidently raised its guard up. 

The beast snarled but did not make a move. Instead, it watched with keen eyes; bloodshot with menace. It was no longer playing fun and games.

"That powerful wolf has been fighting for so long and has even been struck twice by the brawny huge Rhinearian Beetle . . . and yet it seems to fair fine . . . in fact it even appears to be much stronger than before!" Sienna said with an unsightly look worn on her face. 

"Indeed . . . " Dalis responded with an ashen countenance. 

" . . . "

Stilla did not utter a word, but she understood that the big bad wolf had not displayed its full prowess. From here on out, she had to put in a hundred and twenty per cent of her effort.

It was a perilous situation. 

Dalis who stood vigilant noticed the uneasiness of the two. Unexpectedly, they seemed, for the most part, unafraid and were willing to continue to brawl rather than escape. He admired their valiant courage but could see that both had subtly shaky legs. Although their minds had restrained themselves, they were unable to stop their legs from showing the desire to aid the Rhinearian Beetle.

"You two. Calm down. Like I said, enjoy the show. Do not worry, I naturally will make the call for backup."

Hearing this, the girls simultaneously let out a sigh of relief. They began to calm themselves down and were not antsy like before.

Dalis narrowed his eyes to the beast.

(Damn. That wolf may be a beast, but it is much more intelligent compared to other beasts. It comprehends that my beast's defence outrivals it. Therefore, it chooses to remain stationary, relying on its resilient constitution to slowly recuperate. While my Rhinearian Beetle is not something that one would disdain, its league is much lower than the wolf. I'm forced to attack!)

Thus, Dalis made his move.

"Rhinearian Beetle screech at that wolf to show who's the real monster of Maizan Forest."

"Rhine Rhine Rhine Rhiiiiineeeeee!"

The Rhinearian Beetle stamped its bronze anchor legs onto the hard ground. Due to how enthusiastic it was to hear its master's compliment, the beast notably appended extra strength than necessary. As a result, the earth trembled, causing the area around them to shake as if the forest was caught in a small earthquake. 

Dalis frowned his brows but maintained his composure. While the spectators were watching with awe. 

In response The Monster was provoked, retaliating with its own screech attack.

GRRRRR AROOO

Although no tremors were created, the Maizan Forest seemed to rustle with fear as a hundred nearby denizens in the one-kilometre range scurried away. 

The Monster was successfully taunted.

After the evolved wolf closed the curtains to its screech, it immediately weaved left and right entering a relentless charge towards the beetle. The Monster was not going to let a puny insect off, for its insolence of threatening its throne. The beast was determined to put this meer bug back into its place!

Dalis was pleased and mused that beasts were at the end of the day still beasts. Keeping his watchful look, he waited until The Monster was just a scant away from assaulting his pet. He did not even move a muscle when the beast flung itself using a nearby tree, for a lunge, to increase its momentum and deal a charged strike.  

"What is Dalis planning? The beast is closing in, it's already so close!"

"Daalliss!"

"Turtle up, brace your stance and point your drill 40° up."

The Rhinearian Beetle, who had waited for the master's orders, promptly took action. Widening its stance, clawing the six legs to the floor, it pointed its thorax and head into the air. It readied itself to embrace the impact.

BANG!

Dalis's pet took the full frontal impact of the beast's charge. It actually made the beetle succumb back. One should know that the average weight of the Rhinearian Beetle was about eight tonnes. Even if this is the evolved wolf, it was still astonishing to see the mighty Rhinearian Beetle, who is known for its impregnable defence, be pushed back. What was more unbelievable was that the beast was able to maintain its shove a few seconds after the impact. 

"No way. How can the Rhinearian Beetle . . . "

"Rhinearian Beetle nooooooo!"

Dalis did not say a word and waited for the built-up debris and soil to subside. 

Two figures emerged from the aftermath. When the children saw the outcome, their unrested hearts came to an end. In return, their expressions brightened. Sienna was holding in her cry of amazement, Stilla was wowing, while Dalis had a huge conceited grin on his face. 

It was a magnificent sight to behold.

The Monster was locking its razor jaws onto the beast's abdomen, close by to the shoulders of the beast. It was grappled in mid-air by the beetle's acute large horn, pierced as if a vampire had been pinned by a wooden stake. A bloody hole was created surrounding the circumference of the wound. It was blood-soaked, and the blood only continued to dribble as the Rhinearian Beetle punctured forward. 

It was a critical hit and super effective!

The fortuitous event was not over for the group of children. They had noticed that the evolved wolf was simply unable to crunch through the solid defence of the beetle. After all, the elytra of the beetle was the most prominent feature of the beast. 

Not even The Monster itself could compare as demonstrated live on Church of Vanquish TV. 

Dalis wiped the sweat that trickled down his face seeing that he had made the right decision. 

It was a risky gamble, fifty-fifty. 

It all depended on the reaction time of the Rhinearian Beetle. 

If the beetle beast was unable to time its horn display, at the right moment . . . it would've very likely died. The Monster was vicious and merciless when it was serious. Dalis, with his keen eyes, saw through the beast's goal to throttle and rip its pet's thorax. 

After all . . . that was exactly what it wanted to accomplish to him before! He would never forget how the beast had maneuvered to kill him before. It was precisely the same as the past. There was only a minor difference, the evolved wolf had not flung itself before. Dalis did not dare imagine what would've happened if the beast had used its tail specialty on him to try to kill him before.  

(That really was a close call . . . this domesticated pet of mine really is not bad at all. I should reward it with those dreaded calpufer herbs once the battle reaches its conclusion.)

The Monster, despite the circumstances, still refused to let go and continued to endure the piercing of its abdomen. It howled in anguish beneath its steel teeth. However, within that hoarse voice, a mixture of hatred and resentment seemed to bellow out to the nearby enemies, striking fear within the children. The girls tried to swallow their fears, but they could not stop themselves from shuddering. Only Dalis was slightly disturbed. In spite of this, the pores where he had wiped his sweat off had begun to excrete with perspiration. 

(Time to finish it off.)

Dalis clenched his fists, raising one of them out and shouted with a commanding voice.

"Rhinearian Beetle! Finish it off with a GERMAN SUPLEX!"

"RHHHIINNNEAARIAN" 

Somehow the black eyes of the Rhinearian Beetle glowed red, showcasing a look of determination and power. It bent its bronze anchor six legs and prepared to throw The Monster. Four of the front legs of the beetle were raised to the air, pulling up the immobile captured prey in the process until it reached the halfway mark of beetle's body. Thereafter, the beetle accidentally toppled, exposing its back to the hard floor. This was because it was unable to hold the immense pressure of the wolf's body weight as well as its own body weight!

On top of that, the unfamiliarity of standing upright like a human. As a result, it was not only the evolved wolf that was thrown over the head . . . it was also the beetle itself!

BOOOOOMM!!

The earth rumbled for a split moment. The entire area seemed to have undergone an earthquake. A small thirty-meter long fissure crack was left after the wake. There were no openings within the crack, but it was on the verge! 

Needless to say, everyone was stunned in place from the shock. Not even Dalis could firmly maintain his usual nonchalant composure. That one attack had actually caused a short earthquake! Even a cracked surface was formed. Some of the nearby trees seemed to be tilted to a degree. While some of the luscious plants have been overturned as if they were the ones to have experienced the German suplex.

"G-German suplex? What the hell is that? I have never come across that type of suplex before. If I don't know what it is . . . then how does a freaking wild beast know about it? Oh my Caleyar . . . "

"So COOL! So Awesome! Dalis! Dalis! Teach me! Teach your big sister! Please!"

Stilla's eyes shined so brightly that one could see the starry night sky reflected off her pupils. 

Although the german suplex was not performed at its complete form, its fundamental essence was there. In fact, the mishap had made the scene even more spectacular. Though with the beetle squirming its legs in the air, trying to get back on its six feet . . . it caused the incident to appear less serious than it was.  

The Monster had landed on the lower part of its neck first to the ground. Even till now, the beast continued to remain stuck on the large steel horn. Many bones around the wound have been impaled. If one looked closely, some of the wolf's organs have been punctured and are on their last breath.    

And it was during these supposed last moments . . . 

A purplish-black miasma of mana started to congregate around the evolved wolf's body . . . 

1