Chapter: 39 Pre-Soldier Exam (26) Hidden Technique Unleashed; ORA ORA ORA
109 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The missile was launched in the air. Perhaps it was because of the demonic energy coursing through its body that it was able to be airborne at unprecedented heights. The Monster opened its jaws wide, revealing the sharp razor teeth. It desired to deliver the killing blow with its teeth! 

Oddly, the energy that circulated the beast started to intensify in the maw area. Its teeth started to erode . . . no, it began to corrode with purplish-black mana. They were now illustrated as the fangs of the devil. It was exceptionally horrifying. 

The bystanders, who have been observing the scene, were unable to maintain their calm. They began to briskly conjure up defensive techniques to save Stilla. Otherwise, she would inevitably die as her current position did not allow her to move. However, the dispatched unit was unaware of the truth. The truth was that if Stilla desired to move, she could, but it would result in less aggregate power. 

(So close . . . just a little more . . . )

Stilla sensed danger approaching her. Unfortunately, because her eyes were closed, she couldn't figure out where it was or how close it was.

Anybody would assume that this girl was courting death. 

Little did they know that she had a powerful little brother, who she was a hundred per cent certain would save her in the critical moment.

"Move out!"

And it was at that exact moment of critical crisis . . . the boy who disappeared had materialised once again into the world.

A blurry figure came into view. He dashed heroically fast. His speed was unparalleled and equivalent to The Flash. A trail of sand swept behind him as if he was a dirt track race car. It only took a couple of seconds for him to reach a hundred meters and arrive thirty meters in front of Stilla.  

As the wave of scooped up sand subsided, the figure was revealed.

It was of course . . . 

Dal—

Wait . . . 

It was unexpectedly Melvin??!

If the figure wasn't Dalis. Then where could he be?

Another figure appeared in view. This time it was certainly Dalis!

Dalis without warning was seen hovering in the air, masked by the wave of sand. He seemed to be one with the wave. However, he soon disrupted this harmony by somehow gliding on top of the wave as if he was surfing.

Obviously, he was only able to hold this position for a second, leading him to kick to propel himself upwards above the beast's head. Unfortunately for The Monster, it couldn't do anything about the nuisance since it was already mid-flight and soon to reach its destination to detonate. 

Another cartwheel was performed by Dalis. Unlucky for him, the circumstances would not allow him to use his hidden technique. Instead, he dispatched a heavy downwards attack with his tri-section staff, exposing two sections out of the three towards the nape of the beast's neck. 

The attack disregarded everything and released the greatest possible strength he could muster, for one heavy blow.

"HAAAAAA!"

BANG!!!

*CRACK*

ARRROOOOOOOO

The sound of cracked bones resounded and the beast uproared with a wail. Its head was involuntarily dictated downwards where it met a barrier of green mana. 

*THUMP*

*SHATTER*

The head bashed into the green barrier, but the sheer force was powerful enough to shatter the barrier into pieces. Thankfully, Melvin had anticipated this and quickly evaded the incoming headbutt using his leftover amount of super speed. 

The battle had yet to reach its conclusion.

Due to those spared seconds accomplished by Dalis and Melvin . . . 

The real "Monster" was able to awaken and begin its outburst, ready to truly shake the battlefield.

*FLASH*

Stilla opened her eyes. 

A look of resolution and firmness could be seen in those eyes. 

Her chest heaved, and her body blazed with burning energy.

The swirling sand intensified!

The soughing wind roiled like twisters!

She exploded, bolting towards The Monster and breaking the record achieved by Melvin, leaving behind the solid ground where she once stood with webbed cracks. In fact, some of the earth appeared to wedge out. 

She was so fast that nobody could react in time to utter a word.

The Monster was about to end in its descent. 

Stilla's fists glimmered as she assembled her stocked up strength to deliver the herculean blows upwards to the sky. 

(My fists are the fists that will pummel the heavens . . . )

"Hidden Technique: Eight Uppercuts that Pummel towards the Heavens!"

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

ORA!

EIGHT UPPERCUTS PUMMELED THE MONSTER’S JAW 

115% MUSCLE POWER!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The beast anguished cry was deafening. All denizens and candidates within the Maizan Forest stopped what they were doing. They all were struck silent and unmoving, turning their heads to the direction of the shrill scream. 

Many of the denizens shook in fear and hid in fright. 

Candidates were anxiously deciding to investigate or back away as far as possible.

Some of the denizens panicked as if they instinctively became aware that the reigning lord was . . . 

The overseers who watched the transpiration of events were unable to even bat an eye. They were all so shocked to the point that one would think they have just been struck with lightning.  

Let alone the audience who was actually at the scene. They saw it live in broad daylight.

Two objects flew in the air. One was notably much much smaller than the other. 

One was the thickly furred grey wolf, whose body was rebounded back in the air by the force of the collision.

The other was . . . 

The Monster's head.

A sprinkler and a pipe of blood showered the battlefield. 

It only lasted for a couple of seconds, before forming a pond of blood and a lake of blood respectively. 

Three young youths stood amidst the bloodbath. 

However, two of them were not even subject to a glimpse of attention. 

Everybody had their eyes glued to a girl.

She had brown, bobbed shoulder-length hair, with vivid green eyes. Her body was toned, defined with muscle where needed, and balanced. Although her clothes were battered and bloodied, especially her fists that were painted crimson red, she appeared as a valorous warrior. 

Even after the aftermath, her brows were constricted like sharp swords, and her eyes contained an inferno of fire.

However, the valorous warrior only stood for a minute or so before being engulfed by exhaustion that overwhelmed her consciousness. 

She started to collapse onto the ground.

Melvin and Dalis were quick on the uptake, simultaneously bending their knees and catching her fall. Melvin to her left and Dalis to her right. Both of their attention was focused on their fallen comrade.

Hearing her inhale and exhale softly, they were relieved. She just needed to rest.

Dalis took a glance at Melvin. It seemed he was preoccupied with watching Stilla in case of any mishaps. He gave a slight smile when he saw this but made sure to not let Melvin notice it.

Dalis removed his arms from the frail girl and handed the entire role to Melvin to watch over her. Melvin looked up at Dalis but didn't say anything in response to his actions. He gladly continued to take care of Stilla. It was apparent to everyone how much concern he had for her.

Dalis then went to greet Sienna who had approached them.

"Good work."

" . . . I did nothing. It was all Stilla."

"Remember what I said?"

"Yeah I know. I just wasn't aware that the road was much longer than I had anticipated."

"The four crescent strikes. Teach me nex . . . one day."

"It's a sword technique. It isn't something that could be achieved by using a bo staff. Silly Dalis you know this," Sienna chuckled, and her face brightened. 

"Indeed. However, there is no downside to learning it, is there?"

"Hmm . . . I wonder if you said this to cheer me up. Or perhaps my sword skills . . . " Sienna inquisitively mumbled. 

The truth was it actually both. Though there were a few more other reasons why he had said this.

Sienna then trotted past Dalis and checked up on Stilla. In the meantime, Dalis walked steadily towards the corpse of The Monster.

When he was an arm span away, he stopped. He examined the corpse. The scene was as sanguinary as the time he had slain the Red Bear. There were a few minor differences. The fountain of blood was not spread out. Instead, it concentrated in one direction like a showerhead. It didn't seem to end anytime soon.

Another difference was that there were various bloody wounds scattered across its body, but they were very minor compared to the decapitation. 

It was out of the question to ignore the conspicuous long sword stabbed into its lower abdomen, close to the neck. As a matter of fact, it was showered blood red. Nobody would be able to recognise it as the same sword that Sienna had wielded during the battle.

Dalis then turned his back to the corpse and began to walk back to his comrades. 

However, he stopped in his tracks as he had realised something important that he had forgotten to do. 

Despite the grand denouement, despite it being very belated.

Dalis couldn't help but recall the scenes from a moment ago. 

Tracing back to after Stilla had unleashed her final uppercut with an "Ora." He imagined himself declaring:

"And next, the readers will say . . . "

Is This a JoJo Reference? / Is That a Motherf***ing JoJo Reference?

 

Author note: JoJo? This is Gurren Laga**! Inspired!

1