Chapter 42: Pre-Soldier Exam (29) Alexia Mae in a Nutshell
107 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Twenty four against seven. Do you inferiors have no shame?! To use numbers to make up for your shortfall of skill, how cowardly and dirty!"

"So what? If you piss off a hive of bees do you expect them to send their forces one by one? Idiots! They will send in a whole swarm," a young Orphan retorted.

"Melvin you bastard what have you done? Now those other stuck up idiots have put us in this shitty mess," Alexia chided.

"That's right you started this mess. We didn't even want to fight them,” a Feeria blamed. 

"We were told to get along with them. Are you rebelling? Don't drag us into your mess." Another Feeria followed up in cornering Melvin. 

"Who the $@%# is "rebelling?"?! I may have unnecessarily tweaked a few facts to my favour, but I certainly never desired an outcome like this. Why are you falsely accusing myself when the culprits are those two imbeciles over there?!" Melvin exploded very aggrievedly. He understood that he was the root of all this. However, there had not been the slightest attention to stir a chauvinistic clash.

"Are you all going to let those inferiors bully us with their meer number advantage? Quit bickering around and let us show these ignorant inferior fools their mortal places," the perpetrator criticised.  

The six Feerias were left with two options.

One was to flee from the scene and become a laughing stock while the other was to fight. 

In reality, there was only one option. 

Their massive egos would not back down. As the representatives of the young Feeria generation, they will not flee in fear and instead face them with conceited arrogance and disdain. 

That was their dignity and pride. 

Not a single one of them had run away.

While the two sides gazed at each other with tension-filled in the air, Melvin shifted his gaze towards Dalis and Sienna. He found that they had absolutely no interest with the two active volcanoes, and were occupied with the Rhinearian Beetle who had been off-screen all this time. It seemed they were trying to figure out how to flip it over.

Dalis sensed a lingering gaze on him and turned to see Melvin looking at his direction. Dalis's expression was not perturbed and continued to have a nonchalant countenance. The exchange only lasted for a couple of seconds before he shrugged his shoulders and turned away.

Melvin was enraged. Dalis had zero plans to aid him with a way out, let alone interfere. It seemed that even Sienna was in cahoots as she had not turned once either, which infuriated him even more.  

(Serves you right. You reap what you sow) Dalis thought to himself. Although he felt a tinge of pity, Melvin had gone overboard with his nonsense. In spite of this, he was appreciative that he had not neglected Stilla's efforts within the battle. Of course, that was not enough to compel him to make a move to assist him. 

(I feel bad for Alexia and the few who have been dragged in but . . . those two other guys and especially that one guy who dared to marginalise us as "inferior", deserves their reckoning.) Sienna pondered feeling guilty. 

"I'm surprised that my Rhinearian Beetle was not attacked during the ensuing chaos."

"They probably had all their attention on the evolved wolf."

(No, there's no way nobody saw this upside-down giant beetle squirming around.)

"Well, as long as it's fine I suppose."

During the time that they were away, the Rhinearian Beetle had been subject to the gazes of many onlooking candidates. A couple of them had planned to kill it but were pressured by their peers.

This was because they saw the beast wail with tears in its eyes squirming desperately to live. They couldn't contain their pity and sympathy. Instead, they rebuked those who had tried to kill it with scorn calling them scum and heartless.  

How could you kill such a poor beast? 

How shameless of you to take advantage of its vulnerability?

A couple of them had grim and regretful expressions after that, but a few of them retorted by calling them, hypocrites. 

In the end, they were unable to handle the public outcry and were forced to stand down.

"It's probably impossible for the two of us to handle this ourselves. Even with the addition of Melvin, it won't be enough. We will need to ask the other candidates for help," Sienna commented, as she turned to watch the battlefield. After looking for a couple of seconds she turned back.

"Yeah looks like we are going to have to wait for a while . . . " Sienna wryly smiled.

"I have an epiphany. Why can't this pet of mine just utilize its wings to get itself back on its legs? Could it be because it is too injured?”

The Rhinearian Beetle, who had been squirming a little, suddenly froze in place. Then it began to cry as if to agree that was the case.

"Guess that was the case Dalis." Sienna nodded, admiring his deduction.

" . . . "

Dalis raised a brow. He stared and scrutinised the beetle suspiciously. That moment of stillness had been captured through his eye sockets. He began to slowly pull out the blooded tri-section staff. 

The beast saw its master's weapon. Blood could be seen trickling down from the way his master held his staff. Every movement appeared to be methodical as though it was a normal procedure. Inevitably, the Rhinearian Beetle started to screech and panic

Sienna was confused but continued to watch the events unfold. 

The beast knew it was unable to prolong its feign of ignorance. Without hesitation, its wings started to vibrate and a buzzing noise was let out. 

Before Dalis could swing, the Rhinearian Beetle had already flown a couple of meters in altitude.

Sienna was speechless.

Dalis retained the countenance of a displeased master. 

 

***

 

It hasn't been long since the beginning of the battle . . . in spite of this, it was already close to its conclusion. It's not surprising considering the overwhelming number advantage. In addition, none of the candidates could be considered "weak" compared to the average Feeria candidate.

Four out of the seven Feeria candidates have been wiped out. Three of the defeated ones were captured and became prisoners of war. While the remaining one, that happened to be one of the boys who had clashed with the Gigan, was beaten up badly to the point that he was forced to retire.

The surviving three were Melvin, Alexia, and the main perpetrator. 

Melvin was somewhat dishevelled and injured. Though for the most part, he was fine. 

Alexia appeared to be in a very good condition where one would question if she was even actually attacked. She had her arms crossed and lordly gazed upon the peasant land. Her demeanour and posturing gave off an overbearing pompous presence. 

The perpetrator was already at his last stand. He was naturally everyone's favourite pinata and was pilloried by essentially all members of the united children. 

"You call yourself a Feeria, Wang Yong, but you are unable to last even a minute without being injured. Even the bastard is in a much better state than you are!" Alexia condescendingly exclaimed. 

"Shut up you bitch! How brainless are you? They don't dare to cause trouble with the Mae Family. That is why you have barely been attacked," Wang Yong retorted infuriated. His cheeks were so red one could tell he was fuming steam.

"Ara ara. That is where you are incorrect Wang Yong, young master of the Yong Family. My family is equal in power in terms of status and yet, they are all dog-piling you as if they're a pack of trained dogs. They clearly do not care about background and are simply too intimidated to face this beautiful mistress."

Melvin, who was in the middle of combat between three candidates, couldn't help but twitch his brows and engrave a glimpse of her idiocy.

(Ignoramus.)

Her ignorance and arrogance had no bounds. Truly an ignoramus. 

It wasn't a surprise that she ought to be attacked for those haughty words. Soon, five candidates shifted their focus from Wang to Alexia and began to surround her. 

They were unable to let such words of ridicule be slid without punishment. 

Alexia's pupil's shrunk for a moment before being revitalised with energy out of nowhere. 

"Watch this beautiful mistress show you how it's done," she loudly declared. Alexia was ready to chant her spells.

"What is wrong with this girl? Nobody did anything in respect for her being the young mistress of the Mae Family, as well as being a victim of that snob Melvin. Despite all of that, why is she continuing to be such a stuck up?"

"She's a true Feeria noble right there. Common sense isn't a word in their dictionary when pertaining to their huge egos."

"Let's just give her some spanking. Surely then she will understand to be grateful for our kindness once we rough her up a bit."

Before they could land even a single move . . . 

"Perverts!! You dare try to spank a beautiful noble mistress like me in public?!! What kind of "games" are you playing?!! Where are your morals?!! Are the teachings of the Church a joke to you five?!! We are in the land of our lord and you want to . . . assault me on this holy ground?!! How could the children from the Church desire and dare to do such immoral acts?!! This is tomfoolery and debauchery!!" 

"Hold up what nonsense are you spouting?!"

However, it was too late. 

The entire battlefield had turned all their attention to the five candidates surrounding Alexia. 

Whispers could be heard amongst the peers as their faces wore complexions of disgust and scorn. Especially the girls who felt apprehension and fear, slowly backing away from those five fiends. The acquaintances and friends of the five guys were baffled.

A couple of people, including all of the prisoners of war, headed over to Alexia and protectively took her away.

"Such gall to try and assault in the eyes of daylight and in Caleyar's eyes. Don't worry, we will make sure to report this incident to the higher-ups of Feeria. They won't be getting let off easily for targeting our Mae Family’s young daughter!"

"That was brave of you young mistress, I would never have thought such fiends were hiding within us," a Feeria boy praised. 

"I heard that the outside was a dangerous place . . . and it was as you say: dangerous entities were hiding within under our noses." She turned her attention to Alexia. "It's okay now you're safe with us," Delicately, the girl hugged her. She was a good friend of Alexia named Sang-jin Wi 

Alexia wore a strange expression on her face as she blinked her eyes. The turn of events had surpassed her expectations. In fact, she didn't seem to know what was going on. She had planned to teach those five fools a lesson but then was greatly alarmed by their words, causing her to rebuke them on the spur of the moment. Before she realised it, her previous opponents were now valiantly by her side, acting as if they were a group of bodyguards.

 

1