The Elite Goblin
540 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damn it... damn it...

"Momo, right side, at your right side!"

There was simply no end of them...

"Mr. Star, I am on the last clip!"

We were going to lose our ammunitions before we managed to kill them all.

"Alex, how's the situation up there?! Alex!"

He didn't expect the situation turned out for the worse like this, the population of the goblins was nowhere 40 or 50, this simply over a hundred.

"Seed Shooters, attack!"

The line-up plants in front of them started shooting small projectiles but required 10 seeds to actually bring down one goblin, the only attack that truly caused devastation among their rank was the explosive mines they had planted earlier, but that still not enough end the battle.

"Go, go, kill the despicable human!" one of the goblins waved its sword, its face and chest had been penetrated by bullets yet it's amazingly still standing firm.

Its skin was darker than other goblins and a bit taller, both pair of yellow eyes revealed a hint of vicissitudes.

This was the elite that the system had been notified before, it indeed more powerful.

There were about 10 to 15 of them among the horde, and they lagged behind the ordinary goblins, using them as the meatshields and the sacrifice for the explosive mines.

Not only powerful but also could utilize strategy well, this was going to be very difficult...

*Clak!*

Alex's rifle suddenly stopped firing, the bullets had been spent.

"Momo, cover me!" Alex dropped down behind the cover, he ejected the magazine out.

"Got it!" Momo was laying on the ground, shooting between the gap of the tree roots.

She easily picked several goblins that moved about in the field.

"Alex, please answer me!" Shizuka's voice had been clamoring his ear for quite some time, he was so bustled thanks to these goblins that he forgot to answer her back.

"Shizuka, it's not very good up here, the goblins kept pushing the line, how's at your side?"

"Alex, I think I can go out now, cutting off their reinforcement!"

"No, wait, Shizuka-"

"Don't worry, the quantity gradually lessened, it's not very much left in here!"

"Shizuka, Shizuka!"

She shut down the communication.

"Damn it..." Alex gasped for air, he made more ammunition, sharing them with Dick, Damian, and Momo, he didn't even know how much points he had spent.

"Ah!" Damian suddenly shouted, tumbled down onto the ground as he revealed his right shoulder, an arrow embedded deeply.

"Bastard!" Dick shouted angrily, bursting out the rifle toward the goblins horde but soon he was forced to hide behind the cover as several arrows heading toward him.

"Ah... ah..." Damian groaned painfully, his trembling hand grasped his shoulder, a panic horrified his face.

"Damian pulls out the arrow and drink the potion!" Alex said while firing the goblins.

The younger man grit his teeth and closed his eyes, he grabbed the arrow's end then tried to pull it out, but the pain enough to stop his motion as he moaned miserable, "No, I can't... I can't!"

"Damn it, Dick helps him pull it out, we cover you!"

"Ok, ok."

Alex moved out from his cover, an arrow almost struck his nose as he made his way, he arrived behind a tree, gasping for air a little before turning around and started shooting again.

"Go, now!"

Dick crawled to avoid the barrage of arrows, it took some time for him to reach Damian's spot, he crouched before him, looking at the wounded shoulder with concerned eyes.

"I am so sorry..." Damian spoke through a difficult tone.

"Suck it up man, we're going to survive this and come home rich, you're going to become a merchant, right? Come on..." Dick grasped firmly the arrow, looking at Damian, said, "you ready?"

Damian closed up his mouth, nodded toward Dick as his rushed breathing came through his nose.

"Alright... on three, one... two..." before he finished counting, Dick immediately pulled out the arrow from Damian's shoulder.

"Ah!!!!!!"

(***)

It was a lie...

There were no shortage of these goblins, it's almost as if like they were endless population.

Shizuka took a deep breath, she climbed up the hole while seeing many of them leaped between the gap.

How they can be these many? Based on the system, each nest supposedly held 30-40 goblins, no way the amount she saw right now what somewhere those numbers.

Did the system lie to them? Or it simply made a mistake?

Either way, she had to come out now to interfere with the reinforcement, otherwise, Alex and the others wouldn't possible to survive.

At least Alex must come out alive, his death meant the death of all of them.

After a while, she closed to the surface, Shizuka stopped and took a deep breath, her eyes glinted with cold light as she dashed out from the hole, several goblins were about to leap when she appeared right before them, the kunoichi spun in the air, softly yelled, "Dance Performance: Second Step!"

Shizuka twirled like a small twister while shooting out a bunch of kunai and stabbed many goblins, they barely responded to her abrupt introduction, let alone avoiding these barrage of projectiles.

Taking out 7 goblins on this technique only, Shizuka's motion began to slow down, she gracefully landed on the ground, grasping one kunai while looking deadly toward the rest of the goblin.

"You shall not pass here."

The goblin looked at her for a while before letting out a roar, they usually leered at the woman with an intensity of lust, now they just wanted to kill her out of anger.

One thing that seemed the goblin hate the most... people who disturbed their sleep.

They immediately rushed, raising their weapons to kill Shizuka, the latter squinted her eyes, forming a seal in her hands then blew out a small tornado toward the horde, immediately the goblins were all scrambled, their bodies smashed against the cave's wall and ground, several were killed instantly due to snapped head or smashed bone, but most just wounded slightly.

Shizuka brought up her kunai, smiling coldly toward the goblins, she remembered the bunch of corpses they had found earlier, her killing intent rose up intensively.

If no gods to punish their action, then let be her their executioner.

She bent her body then dashed ahead, began to fight with the horde singlehandedly.

Meanwhile, on the surface, several seed shooters had been destroyed, Momo couldn't maintain her tears from flowing, after all, they were her friends.

Alex felt like his trigger finger had gone numb, even arms had grown tired, his body had suffered small injuries due to the arrows.

He looked at Dick and Damian, they were exhausted, even couldn't focus to aim anymore.

Out of the four of them, Momo was the one who managed to kill the most, Alex didn't know whether this because of her superiority in the race or simply her skill.

Earth's shooting games were great enough raising someone's actual skill due to Augmented Reality he invented, for Devilukian who possessed greater technology, they must have been created a better simulation.

Alex wiped his sweaty face to kick away his fatigue, turned around and shot the goblins again which merely a couple of feet away from them.

After a while, the elite goblins noticed their reinforcement actually stopped, couldn't help exchanged glances, wondering what happened with the rest of their people.

"You two go back and check the situation!" one of the elite with a sword in hand said.

These other two who had a spear in hand nodded, turned around and swiftly entered the cave.

(***)

*Clang!*

Shizuka blocked one sword with her kunai as she turned around and swept the goblin with her feet, it had been covered with Wind Technique thus the goblin smashed toward the nearby wall and killed instantly.

She jumped backward to distance herself from the rest of them, she counted at least there was about 20 left, thinking the total population perhaps 150 or something...

Ignoring the sweat trailed down her fine cheek, Shizuka waited for any of them to come to attack her.

At this moment, she heard footsteps coming from behind, she snapped her head over her shoulder and saw two goblins with darker skin approaching in rapid motion.

"Ka!!!" one of them roared, rapidly leaping between the gaps while having his spear rose above his head.

Shizuka threw several kunai to strike them down as they leaped, but they easily deflected the tools with a swing of their spears.

At the same time, the goblins in front of her also began their attack, completely trapped her in the middle.

What should she do? If she didn't take any actions immediately, she would be overwhelmed, and those two goblins didn't seem like the rest, she could sense danger emitting from them.

Looking at the horde came closer, Shizuka quickly formed another seal but one of the goblins threw his dagger, breaking her preparation as she tried to dodge it, the goblin seemingly had learned her technique and quickly intercepted her from casting it.

Shizuka grit her teeth and jumped high, skipping most of them as they tried to take her down by throwing their weapon into the air, she formed a seal then turned around to face the horde while still in mid-air.

"Wind Technique: Violent Whirlwind!"

Her tender figure shot backward due to the repercussion of technique, a massive amount of wind blew out from her mouth and quickly blast the entire whole of goblins, scattering them in many directions.

Meanwhile, her back hit the ceiling and Shizuka moaned in pain, she dropped onto the ground and rolled several times to the side, quickly assumed another stance while heavily breathing.

6 dead but 14 only injured, excluding the 2 stronger ones that just joined the fight, Shizuka knew the fight turned not favorable for her.

"Leave the woman to us, go to the surface and help your brethren!" one of the elite said in the language she didn't understand.

The 14 goblins suddenly turned around and left the area, Shizuka knew they were heading to the surface.

"Alex, 14 goblins incoming!!!"

"..."

"Alex!"

Hearing no voices coming from the other side, Shizuka went pale but she knew Alex was still alive, otherwise, she wouldn't be here anymore.

"Look at her, she's going to be a perfect breeding machine, sad that she had disturbed our sleep..." the goblin licked his lips while checking out Shizuka's figure.

"I don't know... that blonde woman is pretty good already, she's a die-hard one, still resisting even now..." the other goblin said, "let's get over it and kill her."

At this moment, the two goblins suddenly moved in a swift manner, their figure as if turned into shadow as they already appeared on Shizuka's both sides, thrusting their spears.

"Die!!!"

13