Epilogue
2.3k 33 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epilogue

 

"Mama? Why are you crying?"

Harbin woke up from her stupor as she felt someone shaking her shoulders. Looking to the side, she could see a small petite girl that looked no more than ten. Small horns protruded from the sides of her head. She had glossy scales on her skin. Her eyes stared into Harbin, glowing crimson red.

"Mama?! Are you okay?" The girl shook Harbin even harder, so hard that Harbin's head swung back and forth.

"I'm… okay… you don't… have to… shake so… hard… Arethusa…" Harbin said to her daughter.

"Really…?" Arethusa stopped shaking her and took a step back, looking at Harbin with a face of concern from the edge of the bed.

Wiping the wet tears off her face, she faced Arethusa with a kind-hearted smile. "Yeah. I was just reminiscing of a person dear to me."

Arethusa tilted her head slightly and brought a finger to her chin. "Reminisching?"

"It's what you do when you recall a good thing that happened before in your life," Harbin explained to Arethusa, her smile never faltered as she spoke with a soft calming tone. 

"Ohhhh! Who is this person? Who is this person?" Arethusa asked her.

"Who was she…?" Harbin folded her arms before closing her eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to think of an answer for her daughter.

Though it didn't take long for her to find one. "She was my dear older sister. The person whom I respect the most." 

"...so Aunt Cera? Ah! It's aunt Medica!" Arethusa answered. She thought this to be some sort of questionnaire.

'Maybe I should stop calling everyone my sister…' Harbin thought to herself.

"Ummm… that's not really it. She was more like a family to me." Harbin answered, looking a little bit lost.

"Is Aunt Cera and Aunt Medica not family?" Arethusa asked, looking a little disappointed with Harbin's response.

"No. They are family, of course. It's just that… This person is different," Harbin answered.

Arethusa tilted her head and gave off a confused look. She did not understand what her mother was trying to say.

Harbin let out a sigh before patting Arethusa on the head. She then came up with a good idea and slapped her fist on her palm. Harbin went over to a small chest in her bedroom, before taking out something from it. Harbin then sat down on a chair— a more comfortable place to sit than her bed.

In her hands were two things. The banner of the Seventh Army and the Grimoire of the Analysts. Grimoire aside, the banner was more faded in colour, but it was clear that Harbin kept it in good condition.

She tapped her thighs and hailed Arethusa "Come here, Arethusa. Let me tell you a story." 

Arethusa beamed with happiness as she ran towards Harbin and sat on her legs. She then rested her head over Harbin's chest. The horns did dig into her skin, but Harbin ignored the pain.

"Let me tell you the story of the Seventh Demon Lord."

 

END

Thanks for reading all the way here. While I put this as the epilogue, I still have 3 more after story chapters. But I'm posting them for my Patreon's first before posting here on SH. I'll do a more in-depth Author notes when I released them here.

In the meantime, let me know what do you guys think about the ending.


43