After Story 1
989 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is the 3 extra chapters for the 7th Demon Lord. Sorry that it took this long for me to post it. I kinda forgot about it lol. Nothing important really happens, just a bittersweet story featuring Harbin. I hope you enjoy it!

 

After Story 1

 

It has been about one and a half months or so since the Battle of Divinatus, since Klauna sacrificed herself. The remnants of all the remaining Ak’hims were now aboard Divinatus which was steadily moving across the calm waters. The city turned into an ark carrying about five hundred thousand people to new lands where they could once again, start anew. 

All things considered, things were looking rather alright for the Ak’hims. Living in a rocking city was hard at first, but the Ak’hims soon got used to it. Other than the occasional flood and bad weather, things were fine for the Ak’hims. 

Yep, fine.

They may face a severe food shortage later down the road, but it was easily maintained for now with regular rationing of their supplies. The Merpeople bringing in fish from the ocean helped to supplement them. They might not last for long, however, only about a year or so before they run out. It was not a time frame that was viable for rebuilding civilization.

Though it can be argued that there wasn't a need to last that long at sea.

According to an old map of the world that they had obtained from a library in Divinatus, the Ak'hims deduced that they needed to survive for about a month or two longer before reaching land— a continent far north from their old continent.

The Ak'hims could not confirm if the new land would be hospitable or hostile to them. The records that they had were several hundred years old. The only thing that they knew was that it was the location of many failed colonization attempts. A cold frigid frigid land with very long winters.

As per their estimates, they would reach the place right at the start of summer, which they would then have a few months to prepare themselves for the long winter. If they couldn't prepare in time, they have the resources to survive one winter at least.

This decision was met with objections of course. There were concerns such as the Ak'hims', Lamias', and Merpeoples' ability to adapt to the cold. Their ancestors were originally cold-blooded creatures after all. There were also arguments that perhaps a land with more greens would be better.

Though the military eventually decided on this cold continent. One fact defeats all their previous concerns and arguments. If the records were right, then there would be no other races on this continent other than the races of the Kingdom. No humans to wage war on them and to wage war on. And most importantly, the Kingdom would be invisible to the world. No other races to interfere with their survival.

At least until they reveal themselves again. 

A decision that will be done in hundreds, maybe thousands of years in the future.

By then, they would have reformed their entire culture and their way of life. A new government will have to be instilled and a new demon lord chosen to lead the people into a new era.

A movement that has yet to be completely realised by the Ak'hims. Currently, martial law was introduced to maintain the civil unrest and to smooth transition to the new government. However, one problem remained.

There wasn't any obvious leadership figure amongst the military. For things to really change, there would need to be someone to fill that role, the role of Demon Lord, whether actively or passively. A role that Klauna or Leida would have definitely fitted in if they were still alive.

Thing is… nobody wanted the role of Demon Lord. Nobody felt themselves fit enough to lead the last remaining members of their race. Everyone pointed to each other about the best candidate but nothing concrete ever happened.

Unable to come to a conclusion, the Ak'hims decided to focus on the task at hand instead of squabbling with each other about the new demon lord. They could always elect the new Demon Lord when the time comes. For now, they only need to focus on survival.

Though, it was not like there was much for them to do. There are a lot of downtimes to be had when one is in a floating city travelling across the ocean slowly.

During one of the said downtime, was Harbin, Medica and Cera sitting down upon a large rectangular table. They were within the dining hall of the newly repurpose castle of Divinatus, eating their breakfast. Medica and Cera could be seen energetically talking to each other regarding various things, but Harbin was just staring blankly at her plate. In her hands was the Grimoire of the Analyst and on her shoulders was the Banner of the Seventh Army, fashioned into a shoulder cape.

There was a hot topic among the Ak'hims recently. It would not be a stretch to say that everyone probably knew about it.

It was about Poi and Lina who were about to fight each other in a duel. A duel was something of cultural importance to the Ak'him. It was a moment where two or more Ak'hims can settle their differences in an officially sanctioned match. The only rules that need to be followed were that the opponent submits to the terms of the winner; lest one brings great dishonour to one's crest; and that the terms of the duel be followed strictly.

It was also a thing of entertainment when two very well known and strong Ak'hims were to duel each other. Something very much needed for the Ak'hims who were going out of their minds as they voyaged across the seas.

Why were they about to duel? Apparently, Lina has had enough of Poi's attitude and her constant teasing of her. Wishing to keep her quiet about things before it goes too far, Lina challenged her to a duel to settle things once and for all.

The terms were still being discussed among the council, and there was also the problem of whether Poi chooses to accept the challenge or not. Backing off a duel is nothing out of the ordinary. People do it all the time for various reasons such as not agreeing to terms and/or a large difference in power. Even the First Demon Lord backed out of numerous duels as he deemed it a waste of time to fight anyone who could not beat his subordinates first.

But there wasn't necessarily no pressure on Poi though. Poi would definitely be seen in unfavourable light if she chooses not to duel against Lina.

Though, assuming the two did duel, everybody had their bets on Lina as she was the more powerful of the two. She's awakened and could fly after all. But that's not to say that the underdog, Poi, didn't have any trick up her sleeves either. Recent interactions with her showed that she was confident, as if she had some sort of plan to deal with Lina.

Cera and Medica continued to discuss among each other regarding the duel. They were definitely excited about the matter and were discussing the strengths and weaknesses of each participant. Although, Harbin who was across from them was not one least bit interested in the matter.

Cera and Medica soon finished their food and bid their way to the non-responsive Harbin. Harbin has been in this state for the whole time since Klauna sacrificed herself. Both of them looked at her with sadness but decided to leave her alone. It takes time for a broken heart to heal. Harbin wasn't as emotionally strong as Cera or Medica after all. It may take her many more months before she recollects herself again.

Harbin just sat there as the other Ak'hims came and passed by. Sat there for hours when suddenly her table was slammed by another tray and she was startled awake. She looked over in front of her only to Kazakiel who was looking at her with a rather dissatisfied look.

"You shouldn't waste food. Especially in a situation like we are in," Kazakiel said.

Harbin didn't immediately respond. Instead, she looked around in order to find something. She was rather surprised at the sudden disappearance of her two best friends and Kazakiel's sudden appearance. She then noticed the sunlight outside the large window and noticed how bright it was compared to the usual morning skies. She put a hand over her face when she realised that she had once again, zoned out.

Kazakiel who witnessed this event let out a sigh. "You should take the day off. I don't think you are in a proper state of mind to do work."

"What? No no! I'm fine! Look!" Harbin said as she put two fingers to the side of her lips and curved it upwards, forming a smile.

Harbin thought he could fool Kazakiel but he wasn't having any of it.

"Take a break. You have been messing up a couple of times these past few weeks. Keep this up and you are going to get yourself hurt, or worse, someone else. You are a liability in your state."

Kazakiel then sat down and started eating his lunch proper, no longer saying anything back to Harbin. Seeing this, Harbin started to eat her food as well. It was cold, but nevertheless, Harbin ate it as she didn't want to waste any food. 

The two just shared an awkward moment at the table and not long after he arrived, Kazakiel finished his meal and left the area.

Before he could fully leave, he turned his head around towards Harbin. "You should take care of yourself, you know that? You are stronger than you look and you need to be strong for whatever is left of the Seventh Army now. You are the General now you know that, right?"

Kazakiel turned around and left the place before Harbin could reply.

Seeing his back slowly disappearing into the distance, Harbin muttered to herself. "General huh… I'm just nineteen you know…"

Harbin then slapped both her cheeks hard in an attempt to get back into the mood. She quickly finished up her food before cleaning up the table. 

She's pretty much wasted her whole morning and she wasn't really in the mood to do anything so the purple-haired girl decided to take Kazakiel's advice and take the rest of the day off. She stopped a little bit to think about what others would think of her if she just took a sudden leave without telling her superior before she realised that she technically didn't have a superior.

The only one above her in rank right now would technically be the Demon Lord or a Vice Demon Lord should there ever be one.

Thing is… There was no Demon Lord. She was pretty much free to do whatever she wanted. There was no one else that could literally tell her what to do. Besides, now when she thought about it, she has not taken a single day off for over two years now. 

'Half a day won't hurt anyone right?' Harbin thought to herself as she made her way outside of the castle.

24