11 – Maiden in Distress
175 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuu placed down the blocks of material he had mined, forming a makeshift shelter in the middle of the Eastern Wilderlands.

As he did-

[Woodcutting MAX obtained]

[Woodworking MAX obtained]

[Crafting MAX obtained]

[Terraforming MAX obtained]

-He saw a flurry of troublesome messages pop in front of his eyes, but he ignored them.

Instead, he placed down a table, chairs, a pair of beds, and a door.

With all of that settled, he took a step back to admire his handiwork.

A building with cobblestone walls and floor, wooden support beams, and then a slanted wooden roof with grass growing on top of it.

Despite just blowing up some trees and a hill to get the material, the surroundings looked natural and the house blended in like a scenic vacation home.

Walking inside, there was even a cozy fireplace with a chimney and some torches to light it up, along with a glass window.

...While Yuu wasn't entirely sure how everything was suddenly furnished beyond what he put down, he decided not to question it for his own sanity and walked outside.

"Eir! It's finished!"

The blonde demon princess stopped in the middle of swinging her sword and then sheathed it. That done, she walked over.

Yuu noticed that her face was flushed and her eyes also trembled a bit when she stared at him. Seeing that, he frowned and said, "Did you train a bit too hard?"

"...Something along those lines, yes." Eir lifted her shirt, revealing pure white skin beneath, and wiped her brow. "It appears that I was lost in thought and went harder than I anticipated."

Yuu averted his gaze and then nodded, doing his best not to stare.

Not because he was embarrassed about it or that he was trying to hide his interest. No, if he was being honest, Eir ticked all the boxes on his ideal woman. But he also didn't want to get involved in something troublesome.

And the last time he met a girl he ticked all his boxes, she also happened to carry an entire city's worth of trouble...

Speaking of trouble, he never did get around to finding out how the big boss sorted that out.

Yuu wondered how the guy was doing, actually. It had been a while since he met the big boss after being interviewed. Considering the time, his kid should have been born, right?

"Yuu?"

Yuu blinked, realizing that he was zoning out.

Eir was staring at him, her lovely crimson eyes furrowed in concern. "Are you tired? Or is something troubling on your mind?"

"No." Yuu shook his head. "I'm just reminiscing a bit."

"Ah." Eir frowned and placed her right hand on her chin. "I had forgotten... you are not from this world. You must have family and friends concerned about you..."

"Mm, not really." Yuu sat down on the chair and kicked his feet up on the table. "I'm an orphan and the friends I have..."

He had a few online friends that he hung out with occasionally, like that Ichiro guy who was Chuuni about being a yakuza clan leader or something. But as for actual friends... No, people he hung out with.

He... Was surprisingly friendless?

"Yuu?"

He coughed. "I have some friends, but nobody close."

Eir nodded. "I see." She smiled and said, "Do not worry. Even if you have no one else, I shall remain at your side."

"That's grea- Wait, no one else?" Was it that obvious?!

As Yuu rued about how to clear up the misunderstanding... No, was it a misunderstanding if it was true? Anyway, as Yuu wracked his mind about how to get rid of the awkward topic, he heard something in the distance. A low groan.

He paused and looked to Eir. "Was that you?"

She blinked. "Pardon?"

Yuu frowned and got up from his chair, peering outside. "I thought I heard someone... or something."

Eir tensed, placing her hand on her sword. "Do we need to prepare for combat?"

"I don't think so..."

He didn't have any alarms going off in his head and none of his skills were warning him of anything dangerous.

However, his own instincts were telling him that something troublesome was going to happen.

"...Hm."

He weighed over whether or not to go check on the noise and then decided that he might as well. If it was someone troublesome, it would be even more trouble if he let them die out there or something.

Turning to Eir, he said, "Stay inside. I'm pretty generic looking so there won't be as many questions compared to if a princess like you comes with me."

"P-Princess? Yuu, I b-believe that it is fine to address me as-"

Yuu waved and walked out the door.

Eir froze, a slight frown on her face watching him leave. "...Hah. Perhaps mother was right about men..."

Of course, Yuu didn't hear that. If he did, it might have saved him some trouble later on.

In any case, Yuu walked out of the house and took a look around.

The Eastern Wilderlands were a fairly dangerous place with monsters roaming all over.

While there hadn't been any in the immediate area, probably scared off by Yuu's terraforming, that didn't change the fact that it was a dangerous area.

Maybe some poor adventurer had wandered a bit too far and gotten lost.

That was what Yuu thought had happened. As a result, he expected to find either a person around his age, or an old grizzled man who had gotten lost. But instead...

"Fa...ther... I... failed you..."

A young woman laying face down in the dirt. Her wavy brown hair was disheveled, matted in dirt. At the same time, her beautiful face was scuffed up, scratched and marred with wounds.

She wore sparkling silver chainmail over a light blue tunic, some high grade equipment that couldn't have been cheap. Yet, it was completely ripped apart, the chainmail broken with only a few rings remaining while her blue tunic was torn, revealing a trained body covered in gashes and burns.

A rapier was lying on the ground nearby, covered in dings and scratches, cracked in parts and chipped in others.

In short, it was the appearance of a damsel in distress on the verge of death.

"...This has trouble all over it."

Yuu could sense it.

Danger wasn't ringing in his head, but his body instinctively tensed up, telling him to run away as far as possible from the woman on the ground.

But before he could-

"Is... someone there...?" The young woman shifted her head, looking up with beautiful but dazed blue eyes. "Please... I ask not for much. My body... At the least... Return to the kingdom..."

Muttering that, she closed her eyes, falling unconscious.

Yuu sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

She was a knight. There was no way that she wasn't with that equipment. Not only that, but he was certain that she was from the First Sirius Kingdom.

If he wanted to avoid trouble, it was best to pretend that he never saw her.

But at the same time...

From her wounds and her current state, it looked like she had been through hell and back. No, from her appearance, she must have had a fierce battle, reaching this way only through a horde of monsters... which were probably sent her way after Yuu set up base.

"...Hah. What is my luck with beautiful women...?"

Muttering to himself, he picked up the young woman and made his way back, healing her along the way.

Hopefully this wouldn't come back to bite him later...

8