2 – The Hero Ran Away?!
496 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Yuu regained consciousness, he noticed three things. First, he was naked. Second, he was in a giant white room. Third, and most importantly of all, there was a man standing in front of him.

“$#%#^%$ $^#^!”

“Ah. My apologies.” The man bowed his head and then waved his hand. When he did, Yuu felt a breeze pass over his skin.

Yuu shuddered at the odd sensation. But not long after, he found himself dressed like he was before being pulled into that crazy rainbow gate. A plain white dress shirt that he wore beneath his dress coat, black slacks, black socks, and his expensive black leather loafers.

Seeing that let Yuu regain a bit of composure. Enough at least to study the person in front of him.

The man was dignified, with fluffy blond hair and a white suit. He radiated a soft golden light, and his face was handsome enough that Yuu was sure the guy would make a killing being a model or online influencer.

Still, seeing him made Yuu a bit disappointed.

Even though he didn’t want to be isekai’d… And dammit if he wasn’t still upset he didn’t get to play Kingdom Stars III, he was expecting to have been summoned by that goddess he got in the game rather than some random god he’d never met.

Even if she was loli-bait, it was better seeing a cute young girl than seeing a guy that made Yuu want to punch his face for being so unjustly perfect.

Thankfully, though he should have been a god, the blond man didn’t seem able to read Yuu’s mind and simply smiled.

“I apologize again for the inconvenience.”

“It’s fine.”

That was a lie. But Yuu remembered an Isekai story where a person ticked off a god when they were summoned and got killed right off the bat, so he wasn’t taking any chances.

The blond man bowed his head and said, “I am the Kami-sama of Arpigee, a fantasy world under great peril. To save it, I have summoned you here to request that you become its hero.” He bowed deeper and said, “I know it is a bother, but won’t you please-“

“I accept.”

“E-Eh?” The man straightened his body and looked at me with wide eyes. “Truly? Do you not wish for anything in exchange? This is a trying request, so-”

Yuu shook his head. “I’m good.”

“Are you sure there’s nothing you want? While my powers are somewhat limited, I can-”

“It’s fine. Just send me over there already with my cheat.”

Yuu’s impatience slipped out a bit there, but he managed to keep a calm face.

Thankfully, it seemed like the god didn’t care.

Kami-sama stared at Yuu and then muttered, “You’re much simpler than the other guy.”

Yuu couldn’t quite hear it, so he frowned and said, “Did you say something?”

Kami-sama shook his head. “Nothing. Now, to honor you being a good sport, I’ll give you the best cheat in the world.” The god smiled and then waved at Yuu. “Best of luck, my Hero!”

Light gathered and the white all around grew even stronger, making it impossible for Yuu to see anything, even the god standing in front of him.

“Not again!” Yuu groaned and covered his eyes. “This is the second time now!”

First his phone, and now the air itself… What was it with that god and blinding light!?

After a few moments, the light dimmed down.

Seeing that, Yuu lowered his hands. When he did, he realized that the surroundings had changed.

Glancing around, he seemed to be in a throne room of some kind. There were arched marble pillars, stained glass windows, red and gold carpets… And on the walls there were banners of a wolf biting a star.

But that wasn’t all. In front of Yuu, there were three people, all of them exuding an intimidating presence.

The first was a man sitting on a golden throne, atop a crimson cushion. Though balding, he had curly blond hair that stuck out beneath a silver crown embedded with diamonds. From his crimson cloak over his fancy black and gold robes, Yuu guessed that guy was the king.

To the left of the throne, the king’s right, there was a man with spiky black hair with a few silver streaks. A giant broadsword was strapped on his back, and he was completely covered in heavy plate mail from the chest down. Though invisible beneath steel, Yuu was sure that the guy’s body was completely chiseled since the man looked to be as built as Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime.

The last person wasn’t quite as physically imposing. However, that didn’t mean he wasn’t scary. It was another man, this one seeming to be in his elder years from his silver hair and slightly hunched back. He wore flowing black robes and carried a wooden staff in his right hand, adorned with a polished crimson orb.

Yuu felt sweat start to form on his back. Seeing the line up reminded him of the one time he had to serve drinks to his Boss and the guy’s friends from higher up. The pressure was different, but similar enough that he considered bailing right away.

And then the king smiled and clasped his hands together. “Oh great hero! Kami-sama has answered our prayers and summoned a brave warrior to save our world!”

It was flattery. Yuu had done enough of that to tell what the king was doing the moment he started speaking. Still, it never felt bad to be praised… And he was the hero, wasn’t he?

Yuu puffed out his chest a bit and said, “Yes. That is I. The great hero summoned by Kami-sama himself.”

The king nodded and said, “Great hero! I am King Sire, ruler of the First Sirius Kingdom! Though we did not wish to resort to it, Kami-sama made an oracle that said he would send a hero to fend off the dreaded Demon Lord Ma’ch.”

Yuu patted his chest and said, “No problem! With me here, the demon lord will be done in no time!”

After all, that god said he gave Yuu a cheat. The best cheat too. Although Yuu didn’t know what it was yet, he was sure that he’d figure it out soon enough and beat up the Demon Lord no problem.

King Sire laughed. “I appreciate the enthusiasm, great hero. However, Kami-sama’s oracle stated that you would require training before your journey began.” He smiled and said, “To ensure your success, I have summoned the country’s greatest warrior and mage to serve as your mentors.”

At those words, the other two intimidating men spoke up.

The old man went first. With a cold gaze, he stared at Yuu and said, “Hm… You don’t seem much for a hero, but I suppose we can’t doubt Kami-sama.” He bowed his head slightly and said, “I am Ma Jik, the First Sirius Kingdom’s Archmage.”

The middle-aged man went next. That guy stared Yuu straight in his eyes and frowned.

Yuu forced himself to remain calm. Thankfully, it seemed like his training in bluffing with his Boss’s friends helped out, since the man gave Yuu a satisfied nod.

“Your body is weak but you have a strong will. Indeed, the hero of Kami-sama would not be weak.” He bowed his head and said, “I am Fi Tyr, leader of the Adventurer’s Guild.”

Yuu nodded. “Great to meet you both.” And it was also great that Kami-sama was kind enough to set him up for success. With those two old masters training him up, this would be even easier.

“Well then.” King Sire nodded and said, “Since the hero is so eager to set off, shall we begin his training? Hm… A month should do. What say you, Jik?”

The old man scoffed. “Hah! A month? Even if the man is a fool, I’ll drill the fundamentals into him within a week.”

Fi Tyr laughed. “A week? I can do better. Give me three days in the dead zone with the hero and I’ll guarantee he’ll be strong enough to kill at least an archfiend.”

Yuu froze.

Hearing the men talk to each other and seeing their smiles… he suddenly had a bad feeling. “Just… Just to be sure.” He stared at them and said, “Are you guys talking about me?”

“Hm?” King Sire glanced over and said, “Who else would we be speaking of if not you, Hero? Ah, if you are concerned of the training’s effectiveness, rest assured. I have undergone it myself… In fact, it is what led me to the role of king in this kingdom. Though there are times where you will cough up blood…”

Blood?

“…Others where you will feel every bone in your body is broken…”

Broken bones?

“…And even more when the pain is so severe you would rather die, I can assure you that-“

“I QUIT!”

He knew it. They were exactly like his Boss and that guy’s friends! Promising rewards with a smile while forcing him to break his back so they can relax!

Well, he wasn’t having it!

King Sire’s eyes widened. “H-Hero?!”

Yuu turned around and kicked off with his feet, breaking into a breakneck sprint… or so he intended. But the moment he spun around, a glowing light blue window popped up in front of him with some messages.

[Learned Skill: Escape]

[Escape: Mastered]

A flood of knowledge suddenly unfolded in Yuu’s mind, as well as a surge of strength.

It was disturbing and worrying, but Yuu wasn’t one to look a gift horse in its mouth when it was his only way out of the country.

Using his newly mastered skill, he kicked off the ground.

A cloud of dust exploded as a crater burst into existence against the tiled floor. After that, there was a loud boom as a hole opened up in the roof of the castle, shaped exactly the same size as Yuu’s body.

For a moment, all that any of the three wise men left in the throne room could do was stare at where Yuu vanished.

After a while and realizing Yuu really had run away, Ma Jik turned to the king and said, “I told you we should have separated church and country, Sire.”

“Shut up Jik.”

Yes the names are all puns. Yes they're corny and cheesy. Kami-sama was a bit too inspired by Dragon Quest when making the world.

Anyway, I hope the chapter was enjoyable! 

Thanks for reading, and I'd appreciate it if you leave a comment below. Cookies to whoever can point out the puns and what words they're supposed to be.

Extra bonus points to whoever can guess where 'Kami-chan' fits into all of this. First person to guess right gets to become a minor character for one scene! 

Warning: I reserve the right to decide when and how that scene plays out.

Until tomorrow!

 

10