Chapter 7: Recovery
264 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean?" Savior asked weakly in confusion.

"At the age of the sixteen, you became a Silver Rank Adventurer and at age seventeen you're about to break through to Gold. Not everyone can do that you know." I smiled in genuine admiration. 

In the Adventurer profession, Adventurers are ranked in ten different levels depending on skill: Green, Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple-Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Psuedo-Legend, and Legend. I am only a Green Rank Adventurer because I started late and the difference between me and Savior, who started a year earlier, is three ranks. This scale is also used to rank the rarity of equipment, for example, my armor is Purple Gold Rank.   

"But... that doesn't change the fact that I was crushed by those wyverns easily?" She averted her eyes. 

"That is not what's important right now. The fact that you stood up against them despite the odds of defeating them being close to zero,  that means that you are willing to take the sliver of chance even if you are defeated. Heck! You are the Savior meaning you have the weight of the world placed on your shoulders. To be able to maintain a stable mentality even when the fate of the world is in your hands, that is what makes you strong!" 

Her eyes widened as tears trailed down her face washing some of the blood off her pale skin. 

"Thank you for those kind words. However, I don't think I could continue to be the Savior everyone wants me to be... I am  still too weak..." 

"Then use this defeat this propel you to higher levels. Even, if we lose, we just keep on going. You can't change the past but you can change the future. You may have lost the battle but the Demons haven't won the war!" I rose my voice. 

"Think over what you said!" She retorted despite being heavily injured. 

"I may not be a Savior nor may I understand your position. However, if something is troubling you, you have people who will listen to you! They don't look like it, but they care for you!" 

It seems as though I struck a chord in her. 

"They care?" 

"Of course!" I replied.

I was almost done healing her as men arrived dressed in white robes came out of an ambulance. They wore cough mask and on the back of their robes, was an insignia with an angel holding on to a cross. Pulling out a stretcher from the back, they rush over to Savior. 

"Seems like the Chruch's medics are here," I said glancing over to the men clad in white. 

I move out of the way for the medics to lift Savior body into the ambulance. Meanwhile, civilians came out of the shelters indistinctly chattering amongst themselves. The battle was over and the sun finally pierced the clouds of ashes and black smog; however, this was not the end and I knew that for a fact. 

Hatsu came running at me, the little cub pounced on me wagging his tail and licking my face with his tiny pink tongue. 

"Hastu, you're okay!" I shouted picking up the pup and placing him on my shoulder.

"Arf." Hatsu barked and nodded.  

Laughing in the midst of the ruined city, I smile at Hatsu. I then turn my attention to Savior who has been loaded onto the stretcher. I walk up to her to see how she is doing. Lying down on the stretcher as the Church medics carry her to the ambulance, she weakly grins at me. 

"Thank you." Was the last thing she said before she was loaded into the ambulance. 

Now since that was over, I decided to leave the scene until a tall man with a mustache, a golden monocle, and a blue robe appeared before me. Despite him looking like the Mon*poly Man, he was a Church official. 

"Are you Mr. Andrew Halycon?" The official asked. 

Turning around with Hatsu on my shoulder I answer. 

"Yes, that is me." 

"I am Archbishop Ronaldo, you were with Ms.Eren Mandell when we arrived if I'm not mistaken?" he asked with a serious expression. 

Archbishops are the interrogators from the Chruch and if you lie to one of them, you could be charged with hefty treason and possibly be exiled from the country. Archbishop Ronald is the main interrogator for this city and he is one of the best in the Eastern Continent.  

"Yes, that is also true." I confirmed. 

"Where were you before the incident? How did you stumble upon Ms.Mandell despite all the Wyverns? Do you know anything about the Silver Knight that appeared?" he interrogated activating a [Lie Detector] spell.

Not wanting to have my identity as the Silver Knight revealed, I quickly altered some parts of my story.    

"I was out gathering herbs for my friend who's an Alchemist before the incident occurred. When I got back, the city was up in flames and Savior was lying on the ground unconscious. Meanwhile, in the sky, I saw the Silver Knight fighting a Demon who was commanding the Wyverns. Suddenly, a blinding light engulfed the city and the Demon and all his Wyverns disappeared so did the Silver Knight. It appears the Demons were eradicated by the blinding light. Immediately after, I casted a healing spell on Savior who was heavily injured. A few minutes later, the Church medics arrived at the scene and carried Savior away on a stretcher." 

"Your testimony seems to be true. You didn't seem to be lying." Archbishop Ronald muttered only so I could understand what he was saying. 

My equivocations worked. I inwardly fist pumped. 

 "Why would I lie? Especially to an Archbishop," I asked dumbfounded. 

"Recently, there have been citizens who have allied themselves with the Demon tribe so the Church has to interrogate every suspicious person at the scenes of a Demon Attack. Plus, the demons have invented a tool that allows them to disguise themselves as humans." Archbishop Ronald replied. 

"I see." I understood placing my hand under my chin. 

"Anyways, according to your records, you are a Healer working under the Savior's Party?" 

"More like a porter." I scoffed under my breath. Luckily he didn't hear that. 

"Could you help with the recovery? The Church doesn't have enough Healers to heal the injured. Additionally, the Church will compensate each Healer with a new residence in Shorelock City while Greenfield City is being rebuilt." The Archbishop pleaded. 

"I don't mind," I responded but in reality, I was excited.  

"Good," he puffed out his chest then he pointed to a tent, "can you heal those people in the tent over there?" 

"I'll try. The most I can do I stop internal injuries." I stiffened up. 

"That will suffice." The Archbishop nodded folding his arms behind his back.

"Head to Tent 1 and help the Healers there."

"Will do sir!" I bowed.  

What the Archbishop just offered me was a huge deal! Shorelock City is the Imperial Capital of the Eastern Continent and the home base for the Church. Residence in Shorelock City can get up to two thousand gold. It is the city of every celebrity Adventurer you could think of! I was originally from Shorelock City but I moved to Greenfield ten years ago and to be able to see it after so long, I wonder how much has changed since then. Shorelock City is on the other side of the Eastern continent about nine thousand kilometers away from Greenfield but with the Church's teleport system created fifty years ago, one could travel from Greenfield to Shorelock in seconds.  

As I head over to the tent,  my phone rang. It was Rishi, he managed to survive. Picking up my phone and placing it to my ear I begin to speak but Rishi interrupts me. 

"Wow," he exhaled, "looks like the guy who only picks up after the last ring survived." 

"Says the elf who's always asking favors." I laugh in kind. 

"You..." he coughed, "forget it, where are you?" 

 "I'm in a white tent healing the injured in Tellure Park near the northern entrance," I replied.

"I'll teleport there and come and help you!" Rishi declared. 

"You're not a healer though..." I snickered.  

"I'm a mage and an Alchemist, you idiot. I've brewed some potions that can heal external wounds." Rishi retorted. 

"I stupid." I say in a P*trick Star tone. 

"That's what you get, idiot!" He laughed. 

"Besides that, apparently, the Church is offering to pay for residence in Shorelock city for every Healer or Mage that helps out." I smiled. 

Suddenly, there was a pause on the other side of the line. 

"Um, Rishi..." 

"I'm leaving now." Rishi said in a dark tone then hung up. 

That guy. 

3