Chapter 104 – Just Messages
1.4k 11 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intense Boss Fight

+10 HP

+3 Agility


Second Bottleneck Broken

Congratulations on reaching level ten! Your gameplay options will experience one of the most drastic changes and many new things will be available to you. However in exchange for the new you will lose some of the old. First and most noticeable will be your backpacks downgrade. While the inner space will still be greater than the outside, it will function like a normal bag from now on. This has caused some confusion in the past. We at NeoRealm HQ would like to point out that food will go bad. Also, putting heavy items on top of glass bottles (such as the common health potion) will cause the bottles to break. The upside is various restrictions on what equipment you can use are lifted. You can now buy a bigger and better backpack when you can afford it. Besides equipment changes you also can no longer view your current HP as a number. Only the pain you feel will guide you on how well you are doing. This also includes a removal of the pop up damage indicators. Don’t worry, other combat pop ups such as when you land a critical hit will still show.

Lack of HP indicators might lead you to experience the next change. New players have various limits on what death penalties they can experience. Not being a new player anymore you may now lose levels when you die. Also some of your items can now drop on death with money being the most likely to do so. Speaking of money, you’ll notice that we have downgraded all your coins. Gold to silver, silver to copper, and well, copper to nothing. This change will also affect any quests currently in progress that are rated for players below level ten. Sadly, if you completed any higher rated quests previously and received the reward money already that money will receive a downgrade as well. The upside is that once you connect your game account to your bank, the wealth tab will be available so as to allow easier money management.

On the other side of the scale now lets go over all the new exciting features and opportunities you can now explore! First off, for those of you interested in pets you can now control combat oriented ones. Over the years many of our users have found great joy in trying to be the very best. However do note that there is no official organization for this in game no matter what others might tell you. All current tournaments are based around NPC and player guilds that the company does not support. For more official competitions please check out all the channels now unlocked for you in whatever video streaming service you might use. Our sports channel will have pet assisted tournaments at least once a month!

Though speaking of unlocked features, most will be connected to a change in legal status. No longer are you a [New Player] as that pesky modifier has been dropped. In game and on the web you now display as a regular [Player]. The most important of features connected to this change is you may now transfer money between your accounts! Play the stock market in real life to fund your adventures or maybe let your adventures fund your attempts at the stock market. Whichever way you want to go no longer is your wealth limited to either the game or in real life. Speaking of your adventures you have now gained the ability to share them to an even wider audience. Whether it is just ingame where you can now join a guild and have NPCs in your party or online where you can now stream whatever you're doing.

Addendum: Because of your personal experiences in the game some special changes have happened to you!

Control Stat unlocked! This stat allows for many interesting features in the game. First that you will experience is the ability to control the minimap mentally. You may not have unlocked the minimap yet so as a hint, try buying a local map! Of special note for you, your ability to shape Energy is controlled by Control.

You may sell your self-created skill Blast Punch (Variant) to they System. Because of it ranking up to Initiate, the System would like to spread your skill to others and provide you a cut of what people pay to learn it. Warning, if you do sell your skill to the System, they will change it to make it fit better.

You formed a core before level ten. As a reward for such an early core you have received the title “Core Genius”. This title will provide feedback on how suitable your current location is for your cultivation technique and hints on how to improve it. While the use of this title is unlimited, it is an active ability. Also, since your energy type has already been unlocked as a onetime bonus your Energy will increase by 1.

Purity based body cultivation detected during breakthrough.

  • Purity locked in and can no longer change. Because of focus on purity from before level ten title “Pure Being” gained.
  • Body focus locked in and can no longer change. Because of the use of a cultivation technique title “Body Cultivator” gained.
  • Titles “Pure Being” and “Body Cultivator” merged into title “Pure Body Cultivator”.
  • Energy use locked in and can no longer change. Because of Control stat title “Energy Controller” gained.
  • Titles “Pure Body Cultivator” and “Energy Controller” merged into title “Body Cultivator of Pure Energy”.

The title “Body Cultivator of Pure Energy” has no additional effects but is used by various NPC and Player organizations for various purposes. An example of this is the numerous dojos that only accept those with the “Body Cultivator” title or its derivative.

Lack of stat points from level up has negated the penalty of lowered stat gains. The System has also determined that despite the lower average stat total combat effectiveness has not been affected. Corrective measures applied - Level suppression from powerful enemies increased


Bottleneck Breaker Bonus

For breaking through a bottleneck beyond the first we grant you a choice of three special abilities determined by your play style.

For your constant travels through sandy terrain [Sand Step - Under your feet even the loosest sand will provide traction]

Because of befriending a rabbit and your peaceful relations with them in general [Rabbit Kin - All rabbit based beings look upon you more favorable]

As a result of your attempts to grow plants while traveling [Roaming Loam - The material you grow plants in will absorb nature based energies from the land as you travel]


Unlocked Equipment

You may wear equipment with restrictions on them. Along with this, all basic accessory slots are now available. The opened slots are as follows; a necklace, two rings (on any finger or finger-like appendage), two earrings (on any body part), one small mystic tattoo, and a bracelet.

Thank you for reading! Next two chapters free on my Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/dragonheartednovels ), five chapters beyond that for only a dollar, and many more for five dollars (two chapters release a week at this tier).

41