Chapter 41 – Warped Panther Fight
2.3k 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason almost seems to float through the air. Without a sound he lands on a nearby spire before putting all his strength into a mighty leap. The sound of which alerts the warped panthers, but it is too late for the weakest looking one. The panther turns to look but all there is to see is an elbow fast approaching before being knocked out.

With his elbow drop complete Jason turns his momentum into a quick roll. The lead panther takes a swipe at him as he gets closer. However expecting this he jumps out of the roll early and glides over the attacks. Then using the lead panther as a springboard Jason body slams the other follower. This weaker panther was ready and managed to get glancing swipes in but is bowled over without doing too much damage.

-4

Feeling an odd pain from the cuts on his arm Jason takes a quick look. The wound looks normal enough but a strange battle is taking place on top. As the blood oozes out like sap and tries to scab over a nauseous purple substance is breaking it down. The blood is winning for the moment but he worries. Their claws have a poison on them and the leader’s will be stronger.

Though now isn’t the time to be lost in thought so he delivers a swift chop to the downed panther’s neck. As the leader charges over Jason dashes to the side, kicking up sand as his movement technique gives him more traction. Getting a good distance away from the weaker enemies he settles down into a defensive stance. Side on to the lead panther he breathes in.

As the body slammed panther gets up in the background the lead panther lunges at Jason. Lifting his front foot and pushing off with his back foot he meets the panther head on. Sliding in he lowers his shoulder and bringing his arms under the front. A claw rakes across his armor while he gives a shove upward.

Despite the panthers weight the forward momentum combined with the push forces the torso over Jason’s head. Ducking to the side out from under the panther he delivers a straight punch as the panther collects itself. Behind them the other panther is sneaking up on him. Before it pounces though Jason bursts backward slamming his elbow into its face. Following that up he pivots around and brings his knee into its jaw.

As the lead panther is about to slash into his back Jason grabs the now stunned panthers left paw and jumps to the side. He swings around as the grabbed arm snaps and the lead panther cannot stop itself and claws up the other one. Continuing around the panther he jumps onto its back. The hurt panthers howls and wraps its arm around, the third joint allowing a grab at Jason. Not expecting this he is wrenched off the panthers back and tossed onto the sandy soil skidding a short distance.

-1

The lead panther follows close behind him and prepares to stomp Jason when he stops. A quick roll gets him out of the way of not only that but a follow up swipe. Continuing his roll he pops up onto his feet and brings his back foot up around in a high kick. It stuns the panther for a moment and Jason steps back then turns around and jumps. Using a spire that ended up behind him to bound off into another direction he land feet first on the neck of the unconscious panther.

A loud snap sounds out and the two other panthers both howl out. Their eyes go red and the farther away panther drops onto 6 feet. The panther charges over at a greater speed than before and Jason dodges but even then he still gets swiped.

-3

Jason steadies himself then bounds back at the panther. A swift gut punch as it tries to turn towards him, followed by a knee to the back leg. The leader is coming but despite that Jason continues and sends a flurry of punches at the same leg. A final elbow and another snap rings out though this time only crippling his enemy.

The lead panther goes for a bear hug but Jason dives under the crippled panther. While under there he rolls onto his back and kicks out with both his feet. The blow, while unable to lift the panther off the ground is enough to finish it. This leads to a slight problem for Jason as the now dead animal falls down on him. Not having the time to be picky he has to roll back out the way he came, towards the last panther. Now enraged the panther blindly tries to stomp on Jason. More rolling around is only barely able to keep him out of the way though he still takes some scrapes.

-1 -1 -2

After that barrage of stomps the panther pauses for a moment to catch its breath. Taking advantage of this Jason gets up. As the panther swipes out, he grabs the arm and ducks around the back, breaking a joint before letting go. Now behind the panther he gets up on the back and after a couple of kidney shots he starts to choke it out.

The panther's rage fades away and panic takes over. With one arm dangling useless now there isn’t much chance. After a failed attempt to knock Jason off with the good arm the panther claws at his arm. One good swipe goes bone deep before the panther loses consciousness.

-12

Not wanting to take any chances Jason holds the choke until he gets the message that the fight was over. Along with rewards he is informed that he gained 3 Toughness for running and 5 Agility for the fight. Not wasting any time he grabs out one of his 3 healing potions and downs it.

+16

With that most of his wounds heal though his arm is still messed up. While out of immediate danger Jason retreats into the plains for a while to heal more. Once settled down he goes over his spoils. Though there isn’t that much that dropped from the warped panthers. The only thing worth much is the pelts which seeing as he hadn't used piercing or slashing attacks are in near perfect condition.

While he is doing this Jason notices something he had forgotten. At the bottom of his bag a pot and some Energy herb seeds are laying there. “Huh, I was planning to  grow these while cultivating in my room. Guess now is a good a time as any to work on that. The grass around here seems to grow well, so the soil is probably of good quality.”

Soon enough Jason has a small pot filled with a rich black soil. With care he plants 3 seeds in the pot and settles down to meditate. Though before he starts something tickles his brain. “Oh right, System Show Character Sheet.” A quick look and he notices that his movement skill leveled up and his poison resistance even got a couple of percent.

 

Basic Info

   

Name: Jason

Level: 5 - 63.1%

 

Legal Status: New Player

Title: N/A

 

Bonuses

   

Knowledge Bonus:

+1% success rate when using an Energy Herb as an ingredient or growing one.

Ability to identify the maturity of a Herb with relevant Identify skills

 

Discovery Bonus:

+1% success rate when using an Energy Herb or growing one

Able to get a feeling for maturity of a Herb without a skill

Control of Experience intake

 

   

Living Amber Skeletal System

 

Description:

This masterpiece of magical items is the opposite of the undead. While undead are the living that are killed and turned into magical items, this is a magical item turned into a living piece of a creature. An intricately carved full skeleton made entirely of Magical Amber. It was hollowed out leaving just the barest of a latticework. When magically implanted into the host the bone marrow was grafted into these cavities. Because of difficulties and dangers that appear when trying to enchant a living creature they have instead been imbued with magic.

 

Effects:

Sap like Blood - The blood produced by the marrow is more viscous and sticky when it leaves the body. Slower bleed rate and more likely to stop bleeding

Crafted Bones - Because of the material and structure, the bones are tougher and can take an impact easier

One and the Same - Despite being a magical item they will not show up as a separate item and only appear under the possessors character screen. Any attempt at removal will face the same difficulties as removing a person's actual bones.

Soulbound - Not even death will part you from this item

 

Bonuses:

+5 [base] toughness

+5 [base] hp

 

   

Organizations

   

Adventurers Guild

Basic Member

Rank F

Odd Ones Out

Team Member

Leader

 

Skills

Energetic Body Reinforcement

Through a special training method you have infused your very Energy into your cardiovascular system. You have stepped down the path of perfecting your body. As you train further in it, your body will toughen. Most important, though, is that your body will start to become like an enchanted item allowing you to damage that which is resistant to normal physical damage. Because of your filtering cycle you will gain less Energy but the Energy will be extremely pure.

Apprentice Level 1 - 16.2%

Rank: Unique

Type: Passive, Cultivation

Effects:

Filtering Cycle - Gain only 10% of absorbed energies but they are extremely pure

Purity of energy - Because of the purity of your energy higher levels have a lower scaling on what is needed to level and it does more

Blood is Life and the Heart it’s throne - Passive regeneration .083hp/second

Body/Mind Unification - Despite any stat limitations your ability to fully control your body strengthens

Energized Flesh - Can hit incorporeal things for 1% of normal damage with body

Material Body - With time your body can become like living metal or hard like a diamond

 

Desolate Traversal Technique

A combination of traditional parkour and energy use. While considered a basic skill it is highly ranked among them. Generally learned by rogues it is however open for anyone to learn.

Initiate Level 4 - 1.3%

Rank: Normal Beginner

Type: Passive, Movement

Effects:

Traction Assist - Based on predicted goal the System will slightly modify the friction between user and any surfaces they are in contact with

Powered Grip - Through the use of energy a user can temporarily stick to surfaces

 

Poison Resistance

Does what it says on the tin. A skill-based resistance. As there are many types of poison the System has decided it is best like this rather than a stat as this allows more variety without littering the stat line with entries like ‘elven paralysis poison resistance’. Uses the best percentage for a poison.

Initiate Level 1 - 5.1%

Rank: Exquisite Beginner

Type: Passive, Adaptive

Effects:

Immunity to Trash rank pain poisons

Trash rank non-damaging poison resistance - 52%

Trash rank poison resistance - 34%

Low Normal rank poison resistance - 10%

Normal rank poison resistance - 1%

 

 

54