Chapter 25: Leviathan
1.1k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The leviathan broke through the rift and landed its snakelike body in the water of the pond.

The leviathan was around 30m long, and its body was 3 ~ 5m wide. The head resembled that of a dragon, and the body resembled a snake. It only had 2 front paws with which it dragged its large body over the ground because the Leviathan was a creature that lived in the depths of the ocean. The back was covered with blue scales, and the belly was covered with much softer, light blue scales.

*Kyaaah!*

The leviathan let out a harsh scream that made my ears bleed. Tanya, however, continued without being bothered by the Leviathan.

The leviathan raised and swung its tail. I would have loved to evade the attack, but Tanya would be left defenseless if I do that. So I approached the leviathan and took the attack head-on.

“Kuuh!”

We crashed into each other, pushing me further and further back because the gravel under my feet didn't give me a secure hold.

"Finished!"

I heard Tanya scream. I didn't know what her plan was, but she should hurry up.

A bright light shone over my shoulders, and before I knew it, two Thunderhawks appeared next to me.

Thunderhawks were huge birds in SW, their greatest strength being their speed and their weakness being susceptibility to area attacks. Attacks the Leviathan had enough of.

They attacked the Leviathan and forced it back away. The pressure got off me, and I could watch the Thunderhawks keep the Leviathan busy.

I turned to Tanya.

"Veterinarian would be wrong! More like monster tamers!?"

She shook her head at what I said.

"My parents are really veterinarians, but our ancestors left these seals behind."

She pulled up the sleeve of her left hand. Several rings that looked like tattoos came to light, and each of these rings had a lock tattooed on it.

"These are…"

Tanya cut me off.

“Exactly, these are signet rings, engraved on the skin and passed on from parents to children. But enough of that, we have another problem."

The leviathan hurled a barrage of water at the Thunderbirds. They were able to evade, but the vortex from the Leviathan prevented an attack from starting.

"Can you summon more creatures?"

I looked at Tanya, but she just shook her head.

"Then I have to do it myself."

I rolled up my sleeves and turned off the effect of my clothes. My wings and horns became immediately visible.

"WOW! I did not expect that."

Tanya marveled at me as I took out my daggers that I had packed for the occasion.

"What did you expect?"

I turned back around with both daggers firmly in my hands.

“Well… I thought you were like our family. Maybe even a monster Tamer, after all, you have Fen."

I looked at her sternly.

“Fen is not my pet. He's more like an animal roommate or, most appropriately, a friend."

I watched the Leviathan send the first Thunderbird to the ground. The bird was caught by the leviathan's tail and slapped the stone floor with full speed.

"What…"

“That's a Leviathan! Your birds are like budgies against a snake! They are just an appetizer! Bring the other bird back, or he will be th-."

I couldn't finish the sentence that the second Thunderbird dodged the Leviathan's attacks, but it dodged so awkwardly that it turned the Leviathan's attacks on us.

"Crap."

I grabbed Tanya and yanked her off her feet, and covered us with my wings. I felt water shoot past my wings with high pressure.

When the pressure went away, I jumped up.

"Now it's my turn."

I pushed off and accelerated. I aimed for the beast's belly, which lay open in front of me. I stabbed the Leviathan's stomach with a quick blow. At least, I thought so because when I pulled the dagger back, there wasn't a hole in the Leviathan's stomach, but the blade was destroyed up to the dagger's hilt.

FUCK!

Before I could react, I was hit by the Leviathan's tail and thrown through the air with all might. I still tried to reduce my speed with the wings, but that didn't work out well. My body began to rotate in the air, and I lost track of were up and down was.

*Kyaah!*

The Leviathan let out a high-pitched scream, and before I even touched the ground, I was caught by its shock wave.

I was thrown back and forth, disoriented. Everything spun, and everything in my head went empty.

"Gahh!"

I spat blood when I stopped flying in the air. My whole body ached, and I couldn't move.

Why did the timeline have to be different than in my vision !? How so!?

Suddenly my eyes went black, but it wasn't unconscious... It felt like the ability was pulling at me, that it could show me something.

 

===

 

The forest formed again around me, as in the fourth vision. I hovered over the trees and watched Ziz and the Leviathan fight each other. Everything seemed to be going in Ziz's favor, but the attacks became more and more violent, and even I, in my dream form, felt their concentrated strength.

I saw how my other tried desperately to get up, but the strong winds, as well as the heavy rain and lightning, did not make it easy for her. I watched one of the countless lightning bolts strike right next to her.

Ziz hurled lightning bolts at the leviathan, which rolled to one side and backed away. This cleared rows of trees again and let the earth shake below.

The fight shifted further towards the city, and I... my other self couldn't even intervene.

Then the only thing happened that I never wanted to see ... The other Siana got between the fronts, and I could see her body being torn to shreds. When that happened, I felt a stab in my chest, as if a dagger stuck into it.

I misinterpreted the vision... I should never have tried to achieve the same goal as the vision showed me...

37