Chapter 26: Leviathan ll
970 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=== POV Fen ===

 

*Hoowwll*

I howled in the middle of the forest. My feeling told me that Siana was in danger and that I had to help her.

In the days of my absence, I tried to contact the wolves and other distant relatives in this area. But besides three ash wolves who came into this world by summoning, I found no pack members. The dogs of this world were too weak to fight, so I only used them as an information network. They sent me information about Siana and her sisters.

But there was no time to worry about her sisters because I called the ash wolves to me, whom I freed from their summoner to support Siana. They should help to correct their wrongdoings.

I followed Siana's magical trail that led me into the forest northeast of our home.

I stopped when I saw a shadow fly in the air above me.

"HEY!"

I screamed, and the little dragon paused to look down at me.

"Fen?"

Siana's sister, Savia, looked surprised to find me here.

"You felt it too?"

I asked her if she had the same queasy feeling as I because it felt like a heavyweight in my stomach.

"So you too... Come, let's hurry up!"

Together we followed Siana's trail. Savia was faster than me and reached the place before I could see it.

*Gyaah*

I heard a roar followed by green flames. After leaving the last trees behind me, I watched how Savia, together with a Thunderbird, fought against a Leviathan.

...Lunacy!? A Leviathan!?

It was the first time I saw a Leviathan. In the writings that Lady Tyrania read to me, there were only four of them, one in each of the four great world seas...

"Fen, help me!"

Savia circled my name as she just dodged the bullet of water. I was not told twice and jumped to the side.

"Have you seen Siana?"

I asked her before we could get involved in another attack.

"There!?"

She pointed to the left with one of her claws, and I followed her gaze. I saw Siana lying in a crater on the forest floor. Next to her was a girl from her class. I had seen her before, but this girl had a strange aura that she didn't have back then.

"Fen!"

Savia shouted my name, and it ripped me out of my train of thought. I looked at the Leviathan and saw two water swirls coming towards us.

I have to evade!

I jumped aside, but one of the two whirlpools was chasing me, and the other one was after Savia.

How can I get rid of this vortex? Hmm...

I ran away from the vortex and looked around. It didn't jump in my eye what could help me, but Savia called for me at that moment.

 

=== POV Savia ===

 

Fen and I parted, but the swirls chased us.

I have it.

I turned around and let the vortex drag me to the other side.

“Fen! We would have to direct the vortices towards each other! "

He turned around and looked at me.

"OK."

He answered quickly and reacted immediately. He picked up speed again and changed course.

"We have to get as close to each other's storm as possible!"

Fen didn't answer me, but I was sure that he understood. Unlike him, I found it easier to avoid the vortex in the air.

I let myself be carried by the suction again, but this time by Fen's vertebrae. On the other side, I pushed myself off and watched Fens go ahead.

What is he doing there!?

Fen ran between the two vertebrae instead of just running past the second. He ran an S-curve and let the vertebrae collide.

"Savia, the Leviathan!"

Fen's voice was panicked.

The Leviathan? The Leviathan!

I immediately looked at the Leviathan, or at least where he was sitting up to now. He had turned away and was crushing the Thunderbird under his claw.

*Gyaah!*

The leviathan screamed and turned to Siana and Tanya.

Fire inferno!

I hurled a dozen flames, in the shape of a bird, at the leviathan. But it didn't even turn around. Instinctively, the leviathan's tail moved and intercepted my projectiles.

...I... I'm just too inexperienced...

Water pooled like a ball in front of Leviathan's head.

*GYAH!*

The bulletin front of the Leviathan exploded, and a concentrated jet of water shot towards Siana.

""NO!""

Fen and I screamed simultaneously, but that wouldn't change anything. Everything depended on Siana and Tanya, whether they could repel or stop this attack.

*Gwah!"

I could hear a scream, and it didn't belong to the Leviathan. A flash of blue lightning discharged into the sky. The water that shot at Siana at high pressure spurted left, right, and into the sky.

The Leviathan looked panicked and began to shoot a second jet of water. But even this was blocked without any major difficulties.

What... What can block a leviathan's attacks with such ease?

A third attack was prepared by the Leviathan. As the Leviathan was about to send it off, a bolt came flying towards it. The water fountain broke, and the lightning continued to penetrate the Leviathan.

*Guaah*

The Leviathan howled in pain. He backed away further, but a second lightning bolt followed and hit the leviathan.

My chance!

I flew close to the leviathan but still out of range. I reached out my claw and used my magic to open a portal just behind the leviathan, just at the right moment.

Another lightning bolt struck and pushed the leviathan through the portal.

Yes!

I immediately closed the portal and looked at the source of the lightning bolt.

Is that... Siana? That can't be!?

Siana flew a few meters above the ground. Her appearance had changed drastically because her entire body resembled a dragon. Whether it was her face, feet, or the grown tail, everything was covered with dark purple scales. Her hair had also changed color from her usual red into black. Only the tips remained red.

Her body was streaked with lightning that rose again and again from her body.

I wasn't sure if she was controlling her strength, but... suddenly, the entire shape dissolved. Her body went back to its natural shape and fell to the ground.

"Siana!"

Fen screamed and rushed over to her, but I turned and flew away.

You are in good hands, for now...

37