Chapter 28: Siana & Savia – Part 3
963 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=== On the night of the full moon, POV Siana

 

I flew through the air and approached the school. I held Fen in my arms, who was looking happily at the city lights.

I slowly lowered myself down and looked for a person, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Come on, let's land over here."

I landed at the primary school building. I slowly put my feet down and sat on the floor. I stared up at the sky and watched the few stars I could see despite the city lights.

"Huh?"

I saw a shooting star move past the horizon.

I should make a wish... Maybe that everything will be cleared up soon? Siana's past is a complete mystery, and meanwhile, I already doubt my own memories...

“You are already there! AH! Sorry, you just surprised me."

Savia suddenly appeared. She was floating in the air a few meters away from me.

“The little dragon was yours. I had already figured it out, Savia. Or should I say sister to you?"

Savia's eyes widened, yet she floated down and sat on the edge of the school roof.

"You already know... But you were wrong about one thing, the dragon does not belong to me."

"Not? Then who?"

She scratched her head and looked nervous.

“I'm this dragon. The dragon is my actual appearance, and this body is only the effect of my transformation magic."

This time was if my turn to had big eyes.

"Wait a moment! Instead of talking to me... You gave me an appointment that laid 1 month later!? WHY!?”

Her face went red like a tomato, and she dropped her gaze to the floor.

“I'm sorry, but… I didn't know how to address all of this. I didn't know that you already knew that we were sisters. I was just so happy to have found my big sister! So glad I was driving myself crazy. I got so nervous every time I tried to speak to you. Like the one time when I... Where the wolves attacked you."

So much became clear to me with Savia's words, but now I regretted not addressing her earlier.

“I now have a few questions, but one first. Why did you disappear after the fight against the Leviathan?"

"Fen was with you."

She looked at Fen, who, to my surprise, was standing next to her and wagging his tail. She gently stroked his head and spoke to him.

"You are really Siana's best friend."

Fen barked in response.

"I'll tell her, take it easy."

"Fen says that he will protect you even if he has to give his life."

Words were lacking, so I mouthed thank you without saying a word. Fen responded to my weak reply and stood up. He came over to me and spread out on my lap. He started rubbing his head against my cheek.

"You wanted to ask me some questions, big sister?"

Savia interrupted Fen's fluffy distraction.

"That's true! You said big sister, but aren't we the same age?"

Savia frowned.

"We? What do you think? How old am I?"

I thought for a moment before answering.

"Sixteen?"

"Almost, I'm twenty-seven."

Savia was saying something shocking, at least to me.

"Wait a minute, then... how old am I?"

Savia pulled a snort when I asked her about my age.

“Shouldn't you know best? Father never said much about you...”

"Sorry, but I've lost some of my memories, and I'm trying to put them back together."

She made a thoughtful face at my answer until she sighed out loud once.

"Father has four children, two daughters, and two sons... I am the youngest of the four children."

"And am I the second youngest, right?"

Savia grimaced again and shook her head.

"Not exactly. You are our father’s oldest child. Our brothers are 89 years and 147 years old, so you can assume that you are more than 200 years old."

"Ah, ok, 200 years... hmm, okay."

At first, I didn't understand what Savia was saying before it clicked.

WTF! Did I hear that right!? I am over 200 years old.

Everything started spinning in my head. I had firmly counted on the fact that I was no more than eighteen years old and that I would gradually receive the memories of Siana's life... If I now think back to the few memories, I saw in the visions. There would be 200 years between the meeting with Jormun and the farewell to Tyrania.

"Shit... 200 years..."

I said the estimated age again in front of me. Before I turned my gaze back to Savia.

I had expected a lot, but... I would never have thought that something as trivial as my age could be so different.

"Ah! Do you know or do you know something...?"

"Something?"

I dropped my gaze again.

"... Well, I don't know what to call it, but I'm looking for something weird... something that doesn't belong here."

"Something like this?"

Surprised, I looked in the direction Savia was pointing.

What the?

A bird flew at the horizon. It was huge, its feathers shimmering a blue.

"I didn't mean that, but what kind of bird is that?"

"I don't know. This is the first time I see someone like that...”

The bird was at least as big as a sport airplane, if not bigger.

"Well, it's definitely not from this world."

A green glow appeared not far from the bird, and when the bird touched the light, it disappeared.

"Strange... Say these wolves from before, do you know their race?"

Savia shook her head.

“No, I didn't know their race. I only found out about them after Fen told me about them."

"So an unknown bird, an unknown species of wolf, as well as a beast tamer whose ancestors come from another world, maybe from a third world that we don't know anything about yet."

“What are you getting at? Did you see something?"

"Seen?"

I gave her a questioning look. Cold sweat ran down my forehead.

Does she know of my unique ability?

My mind revolved around this strange floor where I had watched every world be shrouded in darkness.

"Because you was talking about a third world..."

35