Chapter 33: Norns – Part 1
641 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on, let's sit down."

Savia pointed to one of the nearby tables.

Mila dragged Savia with her and sat down on the same side as her. I had to sit down on the opposite side.

I felt like Mila was a little obsessive about Savia.

"Mila, could you give Siana and me one room? We have to talk to each other in private."

Mila's gaze darkened for a second before she answered with a big smile.

"All right."

She got up and went to the counter.

"She said to me there was no free room."

I was a little confused.

"Ah, so she still does it."

Savia had to laugh before she could answer me.

“Oh, man… Mila bought the inn and remodeled it when it became clear that I had to find you on earth. She and her parents ran the inn in the village of dragons, although it was clearly different under humans... Since she has been running this inn, she has always kept the top floor free for non-humans. ...Mostly humans come to this city... especially on festive days, which is why she always keeps a small part free for other races."

Savia got up and took the key that Mila was bringing to her.

"Come on, let's go to the room."

Savia motioned for me to follow her. I walked up the stairs behind her in silence and thought about what had happened.

Maybe I should tell Savia about Kuno, but... whether she cares?

On the third floor, we stopped in front of the room labeled "3C."

"Our room."

Savia put the key in and turned the lock. I could hear the lock click, and with a pull, Savia opened the door.

The room was small but furnished in a homely manner.

"Come on, let us sit down."

Savia pointed at a small table with two chairs on the balcony.

Savia crossed the room and pushed open the balcony door. She sat down on one of the chairs and looked at the scenery.

I watched the whole thing and decided to go after her. As I walked across the room, I took a closer look. In addition to the two single beds, there was a shared bedside table and a large wardrobe. Next to the wardrobe was a plant about 1.20 m high, but I couldn't say what kind of plant it was.

“Nice view, isn't it?”

Savia spoke to me as soon as I came out onto the balcony.

"Yeah."

I answered her and let my gaze also rest on the view before I sat down.

"You wanted to talk to me alone."

Without taking my eyes off the scenery, I spoke to her.

From the balcony, we sat exactly at the height of the roofs and could see over them. Further in the city center, I could see the citadel and the palace, both of which protruded far beyond the other houses and not only because they were on a hill.

"Right, I wanted to, but should I tell you bad news at the moment like this?"

"If not now, then when?"

I turned a little unruly and looked at Savia. She turned to me as well.

"You're right."

She nodded in agreement.

"First of all... let's go into that."

Savia spread a piece of paper on the table between us.

“This is a documentation list of all the strange happenings that have been going on for some time. From simple encounters with strange creatures to buildings that appear out of nowhere. It acts a-." 

"As if the worlds collide."

"Exactly! But that's not all! Your mother... Well, it's just a rumor, but it says that the goddess Tyrania is dying! DYING!"

Savia was horrified.

"The cycle ends."

The words came out of my mouth without being aware of them. But immediately, I felt a familiar feeling as if I had heard these words from someone before.

“The cycle ends? Do you know anything about this?"

Savia looked at me in surprise, but I immediately shook my head.

"I have no memories about it. It was just a fleeting thought..."

She nodded and continued what she was telling me.

"I refer to the incidents as "collisions." These collisions increase with each passing day. It was one incident a week last month, two this month, and so on. I think we should go to your mother, Tyrania. Only she can tell us what is really going on."

Savia wanted to get up, but I grabbed her forearm.

"I want to ask you something... do you know what a time dream is?"

Savia looked a little puzzled but answered in a calm voice.

“Everyone knows it. Well, the general public just doesn't know this term. The time dream is the ability of the goddess. Nobody can have this ability but your mother. She rules over Verdandi, Skuld and Urd."

"Stop! Verdandi, Skuld and Urd? I only know them from the nordic mythology of earth. They are the three Norns...”

“Maybe. No one ever said that your mother is only the goddess in this world. If you ask me, I would say that hundreds of worlds worship her, even if they don't know it."

Now it was me who stood up. I rubbed my head and pounded on it.

Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! You knew it! She knew everything! Her vague statements, as well as her vague formulations in her letters!

I could have screamed, but instead, I chose differently.

I have the ability of the time dream that means I am now the so-called goddess, or not?

Savia grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my thoughts with it too.

“HEY! I don't know what's going on in your head, but I want you to stop beating yourself."

She also took my second hand with her other hand and joined all four hands in the middle between us.

“I will accompany you to the end of the road! I promised that to our father, so don't break down halfway!"

"Thanks…"

I thanked her and fell silent. Savia accompanied me slowly and calmly to bed.

"Sleep well. We will have a lot to do tomorrow."

A little lost in thought, I took off my clothes and lay under the covers. I couldn't sleep at first, so the craziest thoughts spat through my head.

Did father know? Did he know who I am... Could he see me as his child?

It took me a while to get rid of my thoughts to fall asleep.

25