Chapter 2 – An Orphan
212 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A 6-year-old boy lying on a pile of hay slowly shook his body.

"Ugh..." Mu Cheng woke up groggily.

"Uh... Am I in a remote village?" Mu Cheng mumbled in confusion as he took in the new surrounding.

Sunlight broke in from the doorless room made of dried grass.

"Eh? What happened? Why am I a kid?!" Having just inspected his surroundings, he noticed his tiny hands, short height, as well as his high pitched childish voice.

"Re-Allocator!" Mu Cheng quickly called out his Goldfinger and confirm his age. Not only was his Goldfinger able to customize his character, skills, and stats. He could also inspect himself as well as others and obtain detailed information.

"6 years old?!" Mu Cheng was shocked at his age.

"Wait, why did my name change?" Mu Cheng looked at his character name in confusion.

Name: Su Yihan
AP: 0
Age: 6 Years

Status: Healthy

Strength: 0.4
Agility: 0.6
Vitality: 0.4
Intelligence: 1
Spirit: 0

Skills(0)

"Eh?! What happened to my stats and skills? Did everything get corrupted...?" Mu Cheng started to worry once he remembered what a big mess he caused.

"Sigh, let's log out first and see what the higher-ups will do..." Mu Cheng sighed and decided to not think about his character anymore. It would be a blessing if he was not fired for creating such a big mess.

As the world-leading game, the number of players was unimaginable, just the corruption caused in Main City would deal a huge blow to the game company.

Mu Cheng was more worried about a lawsuit from the game company.

"I can't log out?" Mu Cheng tried to log out, but he could not access the player interface and had no way to log out.

"Re-Allocator, force log out!" Mu Cheng commanded his goldfinger, he had added voice command in case he was occupied by other matters.

"Beep! Error: User is not connected to VR Gear." The Re-Allocator replied in a machine-like voice.

"W-What?!" Mu Cheng was shocked, and even believed the Re-Allocator was bugged.

"But I can't bring up the player interface... Ugh!" In the midst of his mumbling, Mu Cheng was assaulted by a head-splitting pain.

A bunch of memories was forcefully stuffed into Mu Cheng's head.

Su Yihan was an orphan, a band of bandits had killed every villager and plundered the village. He had only survived because had been looking for herbs in the mountain while the bandits came.

Because Su Yihan was an orphan, he had to for herbs to exchange for food and clothing. The villagers were altruistic to help and care for a 6-year-old child. But this was also the reason he survived.

Because there were very few animals in the mountain, few villagers would hunt animals, so Su Yihan believed he was the only survivor in the village.

"T-This! Did I transmigrate?" Mu Cheng was shocked.

"Couldn't I have transmigrated into a more well off person...? At least I don't need to worry about the lawsuit anymore." Mu Cheng mocked himself.

"I wonder if this is a sword and magic world? Too bad the former owner of this body was just a kid, and an orphan... His memories were basically useless." The amount of information the memories gave Mu Cheng was next to nothing of this world.

The only thing he was sure of, was that he was no longer on Earth. Because there was no way Earth had such a backward village and even bandits in the current era.

"But I got a Chinese name, does that mean this is China? Or is it just a parallel world? It's hard to believe I would simply time travel." Mu Cheng wondered where he was.

"If there is no sword and magic, then wouldn't I be the strongest by relying on Re-Allocator? There is no way for guns and bombs to exist in this era, right?" Mu Cheng thought excitedly.

"For some reason the Re-Allocator came with me, it's like the protagonist's goldfinger in transmigrator novels." Mu Cheng started comparing with the fantasy novels he had read.

"But then again, without sword and magic would make this world so boring... But maybe there is martial arts or even immortal cultivation?" Mu Cheng started dreaming.

"I wonder if I can learn magic?" Mu Cheng sat down cross-legged and started meditating like he did Mage training in game.

2 Hours later

"Who am I kidding. Why did I even try to mimic those fake game training methods? I must have turned dumb, I was part of the team designing the training methods for each profession..." Mu Cheng slapped his head in frustration.

Although the VR Game was realistic, there was no magic and super strength in Earth, so everything in the training method was naturally fake.

"Forget it, I can atleast still rely on my golden finger." Mu Cheng shook off his unrealistic dream to become a real Mage.

"Why are all my stats except intelligence 1? I don't remember ever seeing stats below 1... Does that mean 1 is for an average man?" Mu Cheng had a wry smile.

"As expected of a little kid's stats. And I got 0 AP. Let's get some AP first." Mu Cheng shook off his thoughts and walked out of the grass hut.

"Ugh. This is worse than I thought." Mu Cheng stared at the former village. Except for two or three broken houses, the rest had been burnt down.

Su Yihan's tiny grass hut was just enough to fit his small child body, and was built behind a few trees a distance away from the rest of the village. The grass hut was built toward the mountain to make it more convenient for him to go to the mountain every day. The bandits had raided during late evening and had probably either dismissed the hut or missed it.

5