Chapter 10 – To Blue Haw Village
204 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Changes to chapter 9; I forgot to add Pharmacy skill since mc did learn about plants, herbs and medicine concoction for a month.

Also lowered XP requirement to master Xiling Language to 1,000 XP from 10,000, since it pretty much just memorizing the writing script.

Mu Cheng watched as A'Hu quickly devoured two of the wolves. Turning his head to the third wolf he had personally ended its life. Mu Cheng dismantled the now skinned wolf into smaller pieces and wrapped the wolf meat into a bundle of wolf fur. He left the disgusting entrails and the wolf penis on the ground.

Not even A'Hu deigned to touch those. Mu Cheng always left these kinds of things as they were on the ground. Neither buried or burnt them. Because the forest here was quite well populated, maybe some carnivorous animals or birds would later come and delight in the food on the ground, once the majestic tiger A'Hu left.

A'Hu would always leave the head and its brain intact, only eating the best parts of the animals, even leaving the genitals and dirt butt untouched.

Mu Cheng finished packing, putting the wolf fur and meat in his bamboo basket and climbed up on A'Hu's big back with great familiarity.

Lightly caressing A'Hu's orange fur, Mu Cheng said with a smile "Alright, let's go back, A'Hu!"

Growl! A'Hu growled in response and jumped forward, trekking the forest at high speed.

Mu Cheng rode relaxedly on A'Hu's big furry back as he calmly watched his surroundings change. Mu Cheng enjoyed the swishing wind caressing his face with a slight smile.

"Ah! So majestic! To think I would one day be able to ride on such a terrifying and majestic tiger. Even multi-million dollar hover cars can't compare to this feeling!" Mu Cheng shouted gleefully in his mind. A'Hu was over 6 m long, more than 2 m longer than the average male tigers. His ferocious aura terrorized all the surrounding animals, the weaker willed animals would outright flop down on the ground, while the rest scattered, running for their lives in fear. And Mu Cheng actually got the chance to befriend and even ride on such an amazing beast. 

Mu Cheng was for once glad he was a 6-year-old boy, only with such a childish reason, was he able to 'reason' with Grandpa Fu and A'Hu into letting him ride on A'Hu. The gigantic and majestic tiger A'Hu would naturally feel shamed and humiliated if an adult were to try to ride him. Even Grandpa Fu who saved A'Hu were not allowed to ride on A'Hu's back. But it was completely different for the little boy Mu Cheng.

Each time Mu Cheng got to ride on A'Hu's back, he couldn't help but want the ride to continue forever. Unfortunately, after indulging in the amazing ride, time seemed to move much faster. In no time, A'Hu had arrived at Grandpa Fu's stone hut already.

Growl! With a low growl, A'Hu woke up Mu Cheng from his revery.

"Ah? We already arrived..." Mu Cheng muttered in disappointment as the earlier rush of excitement died down.

Mu Cheng quickly jumped down from the tiger's back and put down the bamboo basket on the ground. A'Hu seeing Mu Cheng was all done, have a low growl and turned to leave.

"Thank you A'Hu! Let's go hunting again sometime!" Mu Cheng smiled and waved at the slowly receding back of the tiger.

Growl! A'Hu seemingly understanding Mu Cheng's words, gave a low growl in response and continued leaving.

"Little Han, you're back." Grandpa Fu heard A'Hu's growls and came out to see Mu Cheng back from their hunting.

"Yes, Grandpa Fu, A'Hu and I hunted some wolves today." Mu Cheng explained their hunt with a smile.

After some idle chat, Grandpa Fu said "It's been a month since you started living with me. Hm... Yes, you've done well memorizing all the plants in the encyclopedia. That's good, very good." Grandpa Fu nodded.

"Little Han, we'll leave early tomorrow for Blue Haw Village, remember to pack up your belongings and rest up early." Grandpa Fu reminded before going back to the hut.

"You didn't' comment anything about my concoction skills nor how well I prepare and treat herbs. You're only satisfied now that I've memorized the whole encyclopedia. Were you that worried I'd stupidly eat poisonous food from the forest...?" Mu Cheng's lips twitched as he complained internally.

Mu Cheng was excited to finally go to a village. He hurriedly baked the wolf meat to be prepared for the trip. Then he washed the bloody wolf furs down the river and burned the inner skin cooked, then went back to the river and washed them. After drying the fur, Mu Cheng folded them neatly and put them with the rest of the piles of various fur he got during the month he went hunting with A'Hu.

There were boar, wolf, rabbit and ferret fur. Mu Cheng planned to sell some of the herbs as well the fur he had collected. But the wolf fur felt nice and cool to wear, so Mu Cheng planned to leave one set to make into an adult-sized wolf fur coat for when he transforms into an adult.

After running around doing various chores and packing. The sky turned dark, Mu Cheng sighed how time passed so quickly. He quickly finished packing everything and went to bed.

"Finally! I can start allocation points! No, I still need to arrive at the village first." Mu Cheng rolled around the bed in excitement, started planning and imagining what he would do. Being overexcited the whole night, Mu Cheng had a sleepless night.

Briefly after finishing Tai Chi practice in the morning, a sleepy Mu Cheng carrying his over the brim packed bamboo basket, rubbed his eyes and followed Grandpa Fu down the mountain.

Both Mu Cheng and Grandpa Fu were very healthy and fit, they walked briskly from early morning until late evening, only taking a small break in between. Just as the sky had turned dark, the two of them managed to make out the outline of Blue Haw Village.

Upon seeing the village ahead, Grandpa Fu pointed and said with a smile "Hohoho, Little Han. Look, that is Blue Haw Village."

"Finally!" Mu Cheng looked excitedly at the village ahead. Although he had been very excited and looked forward to the trip, he had paid great attention to the path and roads the two of them took, carefully memorizing the way back to Grandpa Fu's hut in the mountain. He had also prepared greatly, bringing all the fur, herbs, medicine he had concocted and a few pieces of jade he got from his village's mountain. All of them were prepared to be sold to cover Mu Cheng's traveling fee.

 

5