Chapter 14 – The Plan
179 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks later.

In Blue Moon City.

Inside a tea house, an ordinary-looking 18-year-old man was slowly drinking a cup of tea while in deep thoughts.

"The Wei Family's clan leader, Wei Lifeng is the City Lord of Blue Moon City. He had two children, a 12-year-old son, and an 8-year-old daughter. But his son passed away 2 years ago. Otherwise, his son would be 14 years old now. Now the city lord is heirless, the Wei family is just the perfect opportunity for me. But the fact that he passed away at such a young age, and the reason is obscure... The City Lord's son's death is suspicious. In novels, it usually is because of some equally strong clan is competing for the City Lord's position and assassinated the son... But it could also be the branch family eyeing the City Lord's position. Sigh..." Mu Cheng slowly tapped the table with one hand, whilst slowly taking small sips from his cup with the other hand.

Gathering information without a foundation in the city wasn't easy. Mu Cheng could only get some superficial and public information. Not only was he not familiar with the place, but he also wasn't rich enough to simply employ some street rats to do his bidding. He could only gather some information from taverns and tea houses.

"The Li Family or the Wei Branch Family...? Or maybe I'm just too suspicious? The world might not be like a novel's plot." Mu Cheng sighed and slightly shook his head in frustration.

"No, why should I even be afraid? Now with my Tai Chi Grandmaster skills. There is little I'm afraid of." Mu Cheng smiled.

"Worst off, I'll just run. Turn into a mole and dig a hole to escape." Mu Cheng joked.

"Alright! Now then. What's the plan? How do I get adopted by the Wei Family? It's not like I can just knock on their door and say. Hi, can you adopt me?" Mu Cheng mocked himself.

After a long time. Mu Cheng had even refilled his pot of tea several times.

"What if I let the city lord's daughter 'find' me unconscious? Let her 'save' me and learn that I'm an orphan? Mhm. Sounds good enough. Let's try the plan!" Mu Cheng smiled. He was not afraid of failing. The worst that could happen would be Mu Cheng scurrying off to another city.

Several hours later.

In the forest, a tiny mole burrowed a deep tunnel with several forked tunnels. The tiny mole then crawled out of the hole and pulled a small bag filled with silver nuggets and strings of copper coins down the tunnel. A few minutes later, a tiny mole filled up the hole, even after a close inspection on the even ground, no one would know that there was a deep tunnel deep down filled with money.

"Although it isn't much money, I still would prefer not throwing it away. And keeping it would be too suspicious as a 6-year-old kid." Mu Cheng had sold off the jade pieces and gotten quite a bit of money. But fearing the city lord would be suspicious of his identity and money, he decided to hide the majority of his money. Only keeping two strings of copper coins.

After adding a few animal signs around the area, he transforming back into a 6-year-old boy. Mu Cheng wore the robe Grandpa Fu had gifted him and then rolled around on the ground, dirtying his robes and his face.

"Good! This looks pretty dirty and worn out." Mu Cheng smiled after seeing his dirty robes.

Carrying his bamboo basket, Mu Cheng walked a distance away from his secret stash.

"This place will do. Not too far away or too deep into the forest." Mu Cheng nodded.

...

A carriage guarded by several guards and servants drove out of the city.

"Young lady, where are we going?" The driver asked.

"Xiao Bai(Little White), where are you taking me? Do you live there?" A little girl stuck her head out of the carriage window with a grey-backed shrike stood on her palm.

Tweet! The bird after seeing the blue sky took off and flew toward the forest.

"Ah! Xiao Bai! Quick! Driver, follow Xiao Bai!" The little girl hurriedly shouted as she looked at the bird circling the sky above the border of the forest.

"Alright, young miss." The driver said helplessly and quickly turned the horses towards the forest.

The guards also with a helpless face murmured among themselves and quickly followed the carriage.

The bird with a human-like proud look looked at the carriage moving towards it.

"Hehehe. So easy to trick a little girl." Mu Cheng twittered.

Mu Cheng had turned into a grey-backed shrike and flown into the little girl, Wei Qianqian's courtyard and played with the girl for a few days. But every time, he would only play for a short time before flying away, and he would always turn around and tweet a few times to the little girl. As if to tell her to follow him. Finally, after a few days, Mu Cheng managed to trick this little girl out of the city.

Tweet! Tweet! Seeing the carriage enter the forest, Mu Cheng quickly flew deeper and after navigating a bit, he found his bamboo basket lying on the ground.

Landing on the ground, Mu Cheng quickly transformed back into his 6-year-old boy's body. He quickly wore his robe.

"Seems like I need to roll a bit again." Mu Cheng felt his face and rolled on the ground a few times.

After carrying the bamboo basket on his back, Mu Cheng focused his hearing. Waiting for the guards to find him.

A long time later.

Hearing the guards moving closer, Mu Cheng quickly struck his neck and fell unconscious.

...

"Quick! Quick! Xiao Bai disappeared!" The young lady complained to the driver.

"Young lady, we cannot move faster. The guards need to scout the perimeter first before we can move forward." The driver said with a wry smile.

None of the guards or servants dared to rush into the forest, only by the young lady's constant insistence, they had no choice but to scout their surroundings first before slowly driving the carriage forward. If something happens to the lady, they wouldn't be able to handle the consequences.

After awhile, a guard suddenly reported "There is an unconscious boy here!"

"Young lady, we should save the boy." A maid hurriedly said.

Several servants and guards, after meeting eyes with each other quickly consented.

"Yes, we should save the boy. It's dangerous in the forest. What if a wolf were to eat the boy?" the servants and guards quickly chipped in.

It wasn't that they really cared about some dirty beggar looking boy. But instead, they hoped to convince the young lady to save the boy to go back to their manor. The deeper into the forest, the more likely it is for animals to appear. The little bird Xiao Bai must have flown deep into the forest as the entourage couldn't find any traces of it. If the young lady insisted on going deeper into the forest. Who knew what would happen.

"Ah! Quick bring the boy to me." Wei Qianqian nodded and ordered the guards.

A few minutes later, a guard carried the young boy over.

"So dirty. Is he okay?" The little girl wondered.

"He must be exhausted and sick. We should hurry back to the manor and bring a doctor to treat him." The maid hurriedly said. As if fearing the boy might suddenly wake up and look completely fine.

If the young lady were to see the boy was fine, she might just charge into the forest and bring great trouble upon the entourage.

"Then what are we waiting for? Quick! Return home!" Wei Qianqian was easily tricked.

The servants and guards sighed in relief as they hurriedly turned around.

...

"The boy is just greatly exhausted and fatigued. His pulse is slightly weak. A bowl of nourishing chicken soup will do." The doctor said.

The young boy's clothes had been changed, his face had been wiped clean with a wet towel. Seeing the noble-born face of the boy, the servants had a quick change in attitude. Even sighing in relief that they did not just ditch the boy. Fearing they might get punished if the boy were to get into an accident. If they had simply left the boy be, then with the fact that so many in the entourage as witnesses, there was no way they could get away from the consequences.

"It's great that he's fine." Wei Qianqian smiled.

"Hahaha! My little Qianqian saved a young boy." The city lord, Wei Lifeng praised his daughter. Even he thought Mu Cheng was a noble-born, he did not mind having a noble family owe him a favor.

Because Mu Cheng wanted to make sure nothing went wrong, he used Energy Control and Minute Subtlety to weaken his pulse, then struck himself hard enough to remain unconscious for a whole day. Thus, even though they had wiped his face and changed his clothes, Mu Cheng did not react and continued to stay unconscious.

A day later.

"Uh..." Slowly waking up, Mu Cheng saw the roof of his room. Feeling the soft bed unlike that of a commoner's hard bed, he understood he was in the City Lord's Manor.

"The first part of the plan has succeeded." Mu Cheng cheered inwardly.

"Ah! Young master! How are you feeling?" The maid watching over Mu Cheng noticed the young boy's movement, hurriedly greeted the boy.

"A-Ah? Cough! Cough!" Having slight problems speaking due to his dry throat, Mu Cheng gestured for water.

"Ah. You must be thirsty. Wait a moment, I'll immediately pour you a cup of water." The maid hurriedly stood up.

Walking up to the table, she lifted the jug of water and poured it into a cup. Then she helped Mu Cheng sit up and handed the cup to him.

"Aaah..." Mu Cheng greedily drank up the cup of water. Having stayed unconscious for a whole day, neither eating nor drinking anything. Mu Cheng felt a slight weakness. But the cup of water was refreshing.

"Right, I weakened my pulse. Let's fix it first" Feeling the weakness in his body, Mu Cheng hurriedly lifted the weakness in his pulse.

"All better now!" Mu Cheng smiled.

5