Chapter 17 – Ambush
173 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the celebration, Mu Cheng and Wei Fang introduced themselves to each other. Wei Fang did not appear surprised though, and easily accepted the fact that Mu Cheng was now his adoptive little brother.

Although it would probably be polite to stay a few days since Wei Fang just got back before he left, Mu Cheng was just too eager to leave for Featherbranch Cliff. Not to mention he had just met Wei Fang and they were strangers, so Mu Cheng slept early and prepared to leave early in the morning.

Early in the morning, Mu Cheng had finished practicing Tai Chi and breakfast. Even though it was just 5 am in the morning, Mu Cheng saw a group of four waiting for him at the entrance. It was his adoptive father, Wei Lifeng, Wei Qianqian, the city guard's captain, Shi Jiaxin and his new elder brother, Wei Fang.

"You came to see me off?" Mu Cheng was surprised that they were up so early in the morning, especially Wei Qianqian. The captain usually woke up early so he was not surprised by his appearance.

"Yihan! Take care of yourself! Be careful and don't get hurt." Wei Qianqian hugged Mu Cheng and cried.

"Have a safe journey." The city lord ruffled Mu Cheng's hair.

"Don't worry! I'll be careful. Bye bye!!!" Mu Cheng felt his heart warmed up. He lightly waved and left.

...

Mu Cheng had walked half a day on the road, seeing that he had gone far enough, he walked off the road and walked towards the woods.

"No reason for me not to take advantage of my transformations. Why walk when I can fly!" Mu Cheng smiled as he walked past a few trees and bushes in the woods.

After walking a decent distance into the woods, Mu Cheng sat down and started eating his last fresh meal. After today, he'd only have dry rations as it was difficult to preserve fresh food. Once he flew, he would not have any arms, so it was impossible for him to eat his rations while flying. Unless he was willing to fish in the river and swallow live fishes whole like birds, he would rather just eat food like a human.

Rustle, rustle. Several calm footsteps approached, as if not afraid at all, they carelessly stepped forward rustling the grass and bushes.

Four men walked out from the bushes and continued toward Mu Cheng with a sneer.

"Well, well, well. Just what do we have here? Young master Yihan? How come you don't have a single guard with you? Could it be the city lord abandoned you?" The first man ridiculed Mu Cheng.

Except for a few men in the city lord's manor, no one else knew why and where Mu Cheng was going. But it wasn't difficult for some sentries to find out that Mu Cheng left the city gates. Either way, they did not care for what reason Mu Cheng left the city, they were just happy there was such an opportunity for them to act. Especially when they saw him leave all alone.

"Who are you? What do you guys want?" Mu Cheng asked calmly. He did not see the four men as a threat.

"Hahaha! As expected of the young master of Wei family, to still be so calm. You see... What we want is your... Life!" The second man held his forehead as he laughed, then after finishing his words, he pulled out a knife.

"Damn! So I still got pulled into their struggle for power! But no matter what, I should atleast get to know who sent you right?" Mu Cheng though not afraid, was annoyed by this meaningless fight which he did not have any interest in.

"Kid, a dead man doesn't need to know." The second man sneered as he approached Mu Cheng.

"Hm... Guess I'll have no choice but to torture you guys huh. Just sending four men, seems like they really are looking down on me." Mu Cheng put on a pondering look while holding his chin.

"Hahaha! Look, this kid has been scared crazy!" The other two men laughed.

Mu Cheng ignored their mockings and pulled out his sword. With a quick step forward, he reached the second man. Swish! With a single slash, he severed the man's two legs.

"AAAAHHH! IT HURTS!!" The man dropped his knife and fell to the ground while screaming from the top of his lungs.

"Damn bastard! Brothers, attack him together! Die!" The first man cursed and quickly pulled out his saber.

The other two men quickly followed up and pulled out their sabers aswell. Unlike the second man who underestimated Mu Cheng and only pulled out a knife. They not longer looked calm, they stared tensely at Mu Cheng while the three formed a triangle and surrounded Mu Cheng.

"Well, he might bleed to death. I'll just sever your tendons instead, just in case you die before I get my answers." Mu Cheng said calmly and raised his sword.

"Die!" The trio hurriedly swung their sabers in concert.

Mu Cheng stepped forward and avoided the other two men's swing and swung his sword quickly. Swoosh, swoosh! The first man's wrist was cut up and his saber dropped down. Mu Cheng then followed up with a heavy kick to his waist, sending him away before he could even cry in pain.

While the other two men had just managed to raise their sabers again. Mu Cheng turned around and stepped forward with quick steps. He quickly swung his sword and severed the other man's wrist, causing his blade to drop. And just like earlier, he gave a quick kick to the man's waist, sending his body knocking into a tree.

"Damn it! Y-you monster!" The last man was scared out of his wits and hurriedly turned around and ran.

"Too slow." Mu Cheng chased after him and after a few steps, he was already blocking the man's path. Ever since he learned Minute Subtlety, his strength, and speed had increased by several folds. Although his steps we much smaller than an adult's, his high attributes were way higher than the man.

This time there was no sound of the air being cut when Mu Cheng swung his sword. He had used his Energy Control to eliminate the air friction. Mu Cheng cut the man's wrist and achilles tendons.

Mu Cheng pulled along the man and gathered the four men together. The other two men with only their wrist tendons severed had tried to run away when Mu Cheng went to chase the last man that ran. So Mu Cheng quickly rewarded them with severed achilles tendons.

"Now speak. Who sent you guys." Mu Cheng glared at the four men.

"Ha! If we told you, we would die." The first man sneered.

"Should I cut off their fingers one by one? It'd be really gory though..." Mu Cheng complained. Even though alot of blood had been spilled, especially from the second man's severed legs. He was really going to bleed to death soon. But Mu Cheng did not feel sick, after all he had even killed over 20 men before.

Mu Cheng cut of the first man's fingers one by one, but except for shouting and crying in pain, the man didn't give in. Even after awhile, the second man had bled to death.

"Uh... I should have burned his leg stumps." Mu Cheng said in regret as he looked at the second man's corpse.

When Mu Cheng looked away, the first man had bit his own tongue and ended his own life.

"Ahh! Why is it so hard!" Mu Cheng complained.

"Brat, just kill us." The other two men said.

"Since you're going to die either way, don't you want to live a bit longer? If you just tell me who sent you I'll let you go." Mu Cheng persuaded.

Unfortunately, the men held their mouths tight.

"Fine, don't blame me then!" Mu Cheng glared at the men harshly.

"Hehehe... Do you believe in devils?" Mu Cheng teased and put his hand on the third man's head.

"What?" The two men had a dumbfounded look.

"Hmm doesn't work." Mu Cheng tried increasing the man's age, but it didn't work.

*Bam* Mu Cheng knocked the man out.

"Now it works." Mu Cheng smiled as he put 50 AP into the man's age, quickly turning the 28-year-old man into a 78-year-old decrepit man.

"W-w-what is happening?!" The fourth man's eyes popped out as he saw the other man's skin turn all dry and wrinkly, his body quickly turned skinny and bony like a man half his foot in the grave.

"Wake up!" Mu Cheng then quickly shook the man awake.

"Huff, huff. What, happened? Why, am, I... Huff. So, tired?" The make woke up all listless and weak.

"The devil's power! You're a devil!!" The other man shouted in fear.

Hearing the fourth man's words, he quickly noticed his wrinkled body and face.

"W-what have you done!! You devil! AAAHH!!" The man shouted in fear.

"Humph! Still not telling me? Who sent you? If you still don't tell me, I'll have your soul tortured for all eternity in hell, never to reincarnate." Mu Cheng spun a few lies and threatened the two men.

"It's Wei Fen! It's that bastard! He wants the city lord's position!" The old man hurriedly blurted out in fear.

"Lord devil, please just kill me! I've told you the culprit. I'm already dying from old age. There's no need for you to torture my soul right?" The old man had completely bought Mu Cheng's lies.

"Alright, since you've told me what I wanted, I'll let you die in peace." Mu Cheng then knocked him out again and this time he had his golden finger extract all his skills, attributes and a bit of his age. He decided to leave his age at 18, since it was the most optimal and gave the man more attributes than an infant with 0.1 or 0.2 in strength. Because Mu Cheng did not leave the man any attributes, the man turned into a desiccated corpse. Then to not leave any evidence, Mu Cheng activated Energy Conversion and turned the corpse into dust.

"Not bad, just a random thug gave me 33 AP" Mu Cheng said happily. Normally just extracting the skills from such a man would only give him a few AP up to 10 at most. But with age and attributes included, he got a whopping 33 AP. He also recovered the 50 AP he had used to increase that man's age from earlier.

"AAAAH! Devil! D-don't come closer!" The last man screamed in terror. He had just witnessed the other man from turning old to turning young, then having him sucked dry into a desiccated corpse. Then the corpse turned into dust, leaving no evidence at all.

"Hmm... Well, I did expect people from ancient times to fear demons and devils, but for him to so easily believe me to be a devil just like this... I need to be careful in the future when I extract AP. I don't want to get persecuted by a whole country as a devil." Mu Cheng made a mental note to keep a low profile and keep his golden finger a secret.

Mu Cheng then knocked out the last man and did the same and got 36 AP. Then he took care of the first two men that had bled to death. Since they were dead, Mu Cheng could not absorb their age, attributes nor skills, so activating Energy Conversion, Mu Cheng got 6 AP.

"Well I don't really need more money, so..." Mu Cheng looked at the knives and sabers left behind. Touching them, they turned into dust which was then swept away by the wind. 4 knives and 4 sabers gave Mu Cheng 6 AP. Now Mu Cheng had 343 AP. Mu Cheng looked around the scene and after making sure there was no more evidence left, he dusted off his clothes and stood up.

"So it's Wei Fen. The Wei branch family, huh... I had expected it to be Li family since they are stronger and closer to Wei family in strength. But to think a mere branch family would dare to covet the city lord's position. Is he an idiot? Even if he gets rid of everyone in Wei family, he'll just end up giving the position to the Li family." Mu Cheng sighed.

 

 

4