Chapter 1
163 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It started out as an ordinary peaceful day in the city-state of Lugomaleca, a thriving community deep underground living off the magical power seeping from the earth. However, all that changed one day. Wrislac, a young goblin, was about to head outside the city to forage for food, when suddenly, four intruders suddenly broke through the main gate. Wrislac was too stunned to do anything but try to stutter for help, except one of the intruders fired an arrow at Wrislac, ending her poor life. The four intruders inspected the corpse of Wrislac, stole the few coins she had on her, and continued pushing forward.


 

                Meslocicas was traveling with his adventuring companions, Frehotreha, Slodutraka, and Paprufreci. It was a balanced party, with Meslocicas as the frontline tank, Frehotreha as the party’s healer, Slodutraka doubling as a thief and archer, and finally Paprufreci as the party’s mage. They were wandering around Cadejanocre forest when Slodutraka spotted a suspicious gate on the floor. Naturally, as adventures, they decided to investigate the gate. Slodutraka tried to open the gate with her lockpicking skills.

                After three minutes, Paprufreci got impatient and told the rest of his party, “Just stand back from the gate. I shall blast it to pieces with my explosive fireball spell!”

                Slodutraka scrambled to get behind Paprufreci as he started chanting. Before long, a blazing red fireball flew toward the gate, and with a bang, the gate flew off, revealing a large opening.

                “Isn’t this an unexplored dungeon? Report it to the adventure guild. We’re going to be rich!” exclaimed Meslocicas, the party leader.

                “Let’s do a brief investigation first. Just don’t go in too deep. I can heal wounds, but I can’t heal the dead,” said Frehotreha.

                And thus, the party headed into the dungeon. Very quickly, they encountered their first monster, a goblin. When the goblin saw them, it dropped its basket and started making strange noises.

                Meslocicas told Slodutraka, “Quick! Kill it before it calls for reinforcements!”

                Slodutraka responded by firing a well-placed arrow, piercing the goblin through its heart, instantly killing it.

                “All right, now let’s see what did it drop…. Oh neat, it has a couple of silver coins. That would pay for a couple of beers. Great job, Slodutraka!”

                “Oh, if it wasn’t for your instructions, I would have been too slow to react.”

                “Stop flirting and get moving. I’d like to get home by dusk,” complained Paprufreci.

                And thus, the party of four pushed forward. After turning a corner, they spotted two lizardmen.

                “Quick, get into battle formation!” exclaimed Meslocicas.

                “””Roger that!”””


 

The two lizardmen, Clalu and Mukoc, were doing their usual round as policemen when they heard some commotions in the distance. As per regulations, they had to investigate, even though their shift was almost over. As they headed over to their destination they detected four individuals heading over their way.

“Are those professional robbers from the surface? They don’t pay me enough for this…. and we’re too far to call for help now,” grumbled Clalu.

“Well, I’d rather die fighting to protect my country than of old age, so I’m not complaining.”

“That’s because you’re old and about to die anyway. Oh well, let’s hope we at least injure them enough to prevent them from advancing.”

As they got into battle formations, with Clalu with his trusty spear in front, and Mukoc with a shortbow in the back, they heard some shouting from the robbers, and they also got into formation.

“I’ll see if I can at least snipe the unprotected robbers in the back. You go distract that armored guy in the front.”

“All right then. I believe in you, Mukoc”

Clalu proceeded to dash as fast as he could with his spear in front, aiming for the armored robber’s unprotected face. Unfortunately, the robber managed to deflect the spear with his shield. Meanwhile, Mukoc fired an arrow toward the unprotected archer in the back, only for the robber in the robes to deflect the arrow with wind magic. Before Mukoc could load another arrow, the archer fired an arrow and hit Mukoc in the chest. Luckily, the arrow didn’t penetrate through his scales, but it did leave a large bruise. However, before he could do anything else, a fireball flew at him, roasting him alive. Clalu smelt the burning flesh of his coworker, and became enraged. He knew he was outmatched by the interlopers, but he at least wanted to maim one of them before passing. He started wildly stabbing at the armored robber and eventually managed to make a small cut on his cheek, only for one of the criminals in the back to heal the cut. Eventually, the armored robber manage to pierce Clalu in the torso with his sword.

As he laid dying, in his final breaths, he uttered, “Sorry, my dear wife, I guess you’ll have to raise the children without me.”


 

                Meslocicas watched as the life faded away from the lizardman he just stabbed.

                “Wow, these dungeon mobs are so bloodthirsty. They even curse at you with their dying breath. Let’s just skin them for their hides, take anything valuable, and leave. It’s getting late. Besides, these monsters aren’t weak. They managed to give me a small cut. We should continue the exploration after getting some reinforcements at the guild.”

                “””Alright!”””

                The party of four proceeded to take everything they wanted and headed back towards the nearest adventure guild.

6