The monsters and the Mystory
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todd looked quite excited to see Aquamarine with Heru as they entered the clinic. He ran over to the two and it really confused the hell out of the two. Looking around the clinic as Todd led the two in Aqua noticed quite a mix of humans and Elementals waiting to go in. Filling out forms, talking with the front desk or even just waiting. Some small families cuddling up with one another or kids playing on their tablets or even reading books. As they got inside the back area Todd had Aqua sit on the examination bed as he grabbed paperwork from a few months back. Heru crossed his arms as he stood at the doorway tilting his head.

“Want me to stay or leave?” He asked, gesturing to the hall.

Todd looked over once he pulled out the needed files as Aqua took off her jacket, “Oh no you’re fine. This is an interesting find. The incident regarding the Shadows were what.. Three months ago? I’m surprised I didn’t notice this sooner.” Aqua and Heru looked to one another puzzled as Todd pulled a chair over for Heru to sit down on and then a stool for himself. Heru hesidently sat himself down and as Todd rolled over on the stool he cleared his throat as he pushed his glasses up, “From what you told me Aquamarine that your powers are blood related correct? Well I noticed as I was studying your blood samples and DNA samples there are some odd abnormalities that build them up. It’s not even regarding the fact you’re considered a Taboo. Actually the opposite.” 

“The hell do you mean?” Aquamarine asked, “I’m obviously different from everyone else I’m okay with that.” Todd shook his head and handed the file over to Aqua. Heru looked over to Aquamarine’s shoulder looking at the paper before them. It was simply Aquamarine’s registration form for her powers. The two looked to one another again then to Todd as he turned the computer on in the room and was logging into something. He then presented the screen to the duo. On the screen was Aquamarine’s silhouette and Heru’s on the other side.

“On the contrary, power wise you are. But biologically you aren’t. Here we have the silhouette of your body Aquamarine, and yours for example officer. We concluded Elementals, especially Royalty have their essence pouch in a specific part of their body. Aqua, yours is in your uterus and officer yours is in your neck. And usually the flow of your powers as you and others know go around your entire body, every limb and every organ is run by your powers basically.”

“We knew that.” Heru rolled his eyes, “But what does that have to do with Aqua being considered a Taboo?” He asked and Todd pressed a few keys and showed the DNA strand from Aqua’s body and he smiled.

“Pretty much non-existent. Though oddly enough her parental strands are off. I think that’s because you were born to them so late it messed with your potential powers. Then again we did find even some Elemental’s parental strands of DNA can be messed up depending on which branch they fall under. But for you Aqua I did find them and you don’t exactly fall under Taboo. A Taboo as I understand is an Elemental who had fallen into disrepair and allowed themselves to become what they were born or crafted into. Aqua doesn’t fall under that category at all.”

Aquamarine looked quite relieved to hear this as she sat back with a sigh and Todd noticed this, “Thank you Todd.. This means a lot to me.” Aqua stated and Todd gave a huge grin to the blue haired female, before Todd could say anything else Heru’s walky-talky went off.

“Officer Firestone, you there?” A man’s voice was heard and Heru grabbed the walky from his hip and spoke into it as he stood up.

“This is Firestone, what’s up?” He asked and rose a curious brow to the two.

“Umm.. You may wanna come over quick. This doesn’t look good.” Heru gave a puzzled look to the voice on the other end.

“I’ll be there soon. Where is it at?” He asked as he walked out. Todd rose a brow and gestured to Aqua to join Heru.

“I’ll email you the info. You should go.”

“I will.. Thank you Todd.” Aqua nodded and followed after Heru as she waved to Todd. Once she caught up she got into the car next to Heru in the front puzzled about his facial expression.

“Garnet?” She asked, “You okay?”

“There’s a body not far from your complex.” Heru stated as he started the car, “Aquamarine I honestly don’t know if you should be there it’s only gonna cause panic.”

Aqua was taken aback from Heru’s tone and words. He never called her by her full name. And the tone of concern in his voice ached her heart, “I’m going with you. If you want me to stay in the car I can.”

“I’d prefer that.” He stated blandly as he pulled out of the clinic. It didn’t take them to drive over to the crime scene. Heru stepped out of his car after unbuckling, looking to Aquamarine, “Stay here unless I grab you.” He then left after Aqua gave him a nod. Shutting and locking the door as he approached the other officers. He then presented his badge to one of the detectives, going over to the corpse and stopping a moment. Seeing the decapitated body laying there on the ground, the coroners doing their job as another officer approached him.

“Not normal to see an E.S.W.A.T here. What’s the matter, fireball?” Heru turned to who was just speaking. Seeing it was the head of the homicide department. Heru shrugged as he put his hands in his jacket pockets.

“I was asked to. Looks like an Elemental death?” He asked, the head sighed and Heru narrowed his eyes, “Sargent Brace..”

“I don’t know yet.” Brace scoffed, “We just got here and we haven’t found any identity.” He rubbed the back of his neck, “Elemental homicides are harder than humans, since you never have the same fingerprints or dental records each life span.” Brace sighed and another officer waved to the two.

“Sir! We found a wallet.” The officer said as he went over as he offered it to Brace. Brace, still wearing gloves, looked to what was inside. As soon as he opened it Heru felt his heart sink. Eyes growing wide as he stared. Brace looked to Heru curiously.

“Fireball you know this guy?” He asked.

“That’s Tiger’s Eye… He’s head of the Elemental registration unit..” Heru looked to the body, “He’s one of the rarest children of three.. How are we gonna tell his sisters..” He ran his fingers through his hair.

Brace sighed and offered the wallet back to the other police officer, “Put this in evidence.” He then turned back to Heru, “Tell me fireball how bad is this gonna be?” Heru looked to Brace and sighed heavily shaking his head.

“Badly. Usually a murder of a Royal means war… Whatever took his head clearly wants it.” He then turned away and headed to the car.

“Hey! Think it’s one of yours?” Brace asked, stopping Heru in his tracks. Heru turned to Brace and shrugged.

“Takes a lot to kill an Elemental. Especially a Royal. Whatever did this knows what it’s doing. It could be anything at this point.” He then turned and left the scene. Sitting next to Aquamarine and sighed.

“Gernet?” Aquamarine asked worriedly. Heru turned to her and smiled softly.

“It’s okay. No one we know personally.” He then started the car. Aquamarine bit her lip and hugged her legs. She wasn’t sure why he was acting up this way. Heru was about to start the car till they both heard a scream come from the scene. Heru and Aqua out as fast as they could as they rushed over to see. The body despite not having a head started to move, as it started itself up and started to move around it made an unsettling crackling noise as it’s bone and flesh moved about. The body forced itself to it’s feet and the officers backed up a bit as it did so. Heru and Aqua could feel the odd energy coming from the body. It soon had black vine like things come out of the neck as it started to move unnaturally. Screeching as well as it flailed it’s feelers like things. Without thinking Heru ran over and tossed his jacket aside. Summoning magma onto his hands and punching the body onto the ground. The creatures inside the corpse let out a whale as he grabbed them with his free hand. Trying to stop the creature. The other officers backed up allowing him some space to work. He could feel the energy from the corpse go through his body as he hissed. Aquamarine panicked as she watched and rushed over to help. Ignoring the officers trying to stop her, she pulled Heru off the body and watched as Heru was coughing and gagging as he laid in her arms. She held him close as the body contorted before it went flat once more. As there were loud screams and yelling Aqua felt something move from the back of his neck. She didn’t bother investigating. Right now whatever happened, she was worried for his sake.

 

Heru awoke in a clear white room. He noticed he was in white scrubs as well. He furrowed his brows as he got up and went to touch the walls, a spark went through his arm as he let out a hiss. Throwing himself back he collapsed onto the ground from the shock, before he noticed his other arm. Dark red eyes widening as he saw dark maga rock over his arm. But it wasn’t like his usual weapon or armor. It was more beast-like. He looked around to try and find any cameras. His heart raced a bit as he felt the rock grow more up his arm. A voice spoke into the room. 

“Now now don’t fret! You’re fine.” The voice echoed, “We can see you but you can't see us. Mr. Firestone you’re going through a state we call Essense Various. Where your very being is changing for the worst. You’re in the process of being a shadow.”

“This isn’t right!” Heru called out, “Look I can say whatever but trust me I have this handled.” He called out once more.

“There’s no way we can let you do that.” The voice calmly stated, “Sir you’re going through a vulnerable thing not a lot of Elementals go through please.” They seemed to be begging. Heru felt a bit dizzy as he cupped his head, a rush of pain in his head and chest just suddenly came. He could feel his own body contort and change as he screamed out. He couldn’t hear the voice over the intercom, the pain was so much as he curled into a ball, letting out unholy screams of pain that he has never felt in his entire life. His heart raced faster than it ever has and his blood felt as if it was boiling. A few scientists went to the chamber he was in and went to the foggy white chamber they kept him in, one approached the wall and tried to look inside.

“Turn the shield off. The glass is strong.” She ordered. There was a small hum as the electrical shield was turned off. They approached the window once more trying to get a closer look into the glass. They all backed up as a clawed hand hit the window and saw an eye. A loud animalistic growl echoed into the room and a high pitch roar came out as well.

“G… Get the Queen of Fire!” Another scientist yelled, “NOW!!”

 

“That should keep everything balanced. Whatever killed Tiger’s Eye will be..” Ruby was speaking till her cell phone went off. Sighing a bit she grabbed her phone and held up her index finger, “Excuse me, yes?” She stepped out a moment from the meeting room. Agate watched as she left and turned to Diamond who was checking his phone.

“Mr. Diamond, I must ask; you’ve been distracted. Everything well?” She asked smoothly. Diamond looked up and sighed heavily.

“Well, seeing how we’re all acting a maggot and not figuring out how to find whoever killed Tiger’s Eye and inform his family.”

“I can do that.” Emerald said as she raised her hand, Agate chuckled a bit and they all turned to see Ruby come back and grab her suit jacket.

“I gotta go, I'm so sorry. We have to cut this short. Emerald please call Tiger’s family and inform them we at least have his body. Head is still missing, Diamond can you investigate as much as you can on the situation and Agate, please for the love of the Crystal don’t start a fight.” Ruby then left and the three looked to one another confused. Agate then checked her inner wrist watch and grabbed her bag.

“Well I better go. Good luck Emerald. And sadly so close to your wedding.”

“It’s okay. We don’t mind.” Emerald smiled. Diamond gave a worried look to the doorway that Ruby left from and sighed heavily. Whatever was wrong despite not liking Heru much he hoped he was okay.

 

As Aquamarine paced the living room forced to stay behind she groaned loudly. Whatever was wrong with Heru she couldn’t do anything about it. She laid herself on the couch and let out an annoyed breath. Closing her eyes and before she knew it she saw nothing but black. Looking around it was just darkness. She looked to herself and she wore a flowing white dress. Her hair and dress ruffled a bit as if there was a breeze. She looked around once more and heard a cry. She turned to the other figure as it hugged itself. She went to take a step towards it but froze seeing that it was water she was walking over. Seeing her reflection into the water as well. She turned back to the figure and started to walk towards it again.

“You alright?” She asked worriedly, she then reached for the figure and it turned to her, causing her to jump as it stood at full height.

“It hurts..” It said in a pained whisper.

“I-I’m sorry.. I can try to help bu-”

“It hurts..” It repeated, it continued to repeat as he leaned over Aquamarine, she could see his face better, it looked weirdly a lot like her. But their face was cracked and broken, black ooze dropped onto her face as she stared wide eyed at the figure over her.

“Save me..” They whispered before Aquamarine awoke in a cold sweat. Shaking badly as she heard the front door being banged upon. Stumbling a bit she rushed over and opened the door. Seeing it was Diamond standing there.

“Hey Aquamarine I.. You okay?” He asked worriedly. Aqua sighed heavily and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Y-Yeah I’m fine.. Just got scared from the door. What’s up?” She asked and Diamond took her lie and sighed a bit.

“I know no one really wants you to go see Garnet, but maybe you can help.” Aqua tilted her head at this and once prepared she went with Diamond.

 

Once they arrived at the health center and entered the section they were keeping Heru Ruby was already there staring into a clear glass window. Before Aqua could ask she approached the glass and gasped and covered her mouth. Wide eyes as she stared into what was inside the chamber. Inside was what could be assumed to be Heru, or at least was. His body was chained by his arms and legs. A muzzle on his face and a tail swayed back and forth. He looked unhuman as he was covered in magma like scales. What was the most shocking was the bodies surrounding him. Four dead bodies decorate the room with their blood. The creature roared a bit to the viewers before him. As if protecting his territory. Diamond went over to Aquamarine who was shaking.

“We didn’t know this was to happen.” Ruby said quietly, “Not my son…” They turned to Aquamarine as she started to cry, “Darling what’s the matter..?”

Aquamarine looked up to Ruby, tears freely coming from her eyes as she stared,“He’s scared…”

0