Chapter 71: Map
213 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max sat silently in his chair waiting for the explanation. One by one he looked at the people seated in the conference table, in front was a complete map with signs, divided with markers and colors representing the two sides; demons and humans. He was more curious at the 4 people and what were their positions in the fortress, especially the middle-aged man with the grey mustache, he seemed to disagree with him being there while the other people did not care once they figured out who he was.

The people inside the room were focused at the map, while his grandmother explained some of the details Max had missed out on, "As you can see from the changes in the map from the previous days. The demon's movements as they retreated fast were made in haste. From all side, it did not take them the whole night. Some of the scouts have not yet returned so we can only surmise that we have right now."

His grandmother continued her explanation while pointing at parts of the map which made it easier for Max to identify the locations. Comparing the previous ones, he saw a lot of big red marks spreading all around the fortress which is the assigned colored for the demons. Green is designated on allies that have been designated to some advantageous locations. There are troops spread out on the map that can easily retreat if they left in a precarious situation.

However, the map in front of them was filled with green markers all around. There are no red marks left aside from the farthest one's which the scouts have not reported the situation.

"They even left the heavy supplies, which took days before they were able to assemble them." One of the middle-aged man said while touching his beard. His expression was filled with concern as they do not know what the demons are up to. Most of the people were concerned with the same thing, there was no reason for the demons to suddenly give up on their attacks.

On the other hand, Max was starting to realize that the retreat of the demons was aligned almost at the same time the succubus left his room. Basing it from the first demon troops that retreated which was closest to his location, it might have been a good proof. Starting from there, it spread one by one to the troops as if the information was rapidly shared to their commanders in a swift action.

From one location, it spread to another as it divided to three, then to seven camps, then so on till most of the demon camps where abandoned. Like a tree branching out more and more till it reached the tips of the leaves. He did not have to wait for the scouts as he was sure they have all retreated.

His question now is what kind of being was inside him to be able to order the succubus to fully retreat. What did it say to her and why did she believe its words.

Max was silently pondering his questions in his corner as the people in the room continued with their discussions, they made assumptions basing on the current situation but was unable to come up with a reasonable explanation.

"Let's not discuss their reason. Whatever it may be, we will not be able to know what it is, unless we can capture someone at the commander level to get answers, but that is impossible." His grandfather said while looking at his compatriots surrounding him.

This made the people quiet down. What he said was right, there was nothing for them to gain from discussing something that they do not have any clues and knowledge of.

"Since that is the case, I would like to take Max to the elven forest as we have delayed our travel," Orville said with the same playful smile on his face.

His grandmother and grandfather looked at each other and both nodded to assent to his request.

"It is true that Max does not need to be here for this and if anything else the elven forest is much safer than the fortress." His grandfather said.

Although they wanted to solve the current situation, there's nothing they could do instead they are hindering the examination of Max's health.

His grandmother stood up and approached Max. "I'd like to speak to my grandson before he leaves. Excuse me."

She gave a small bow to the people inside the room while leading Orville and Max outside the room. His grandfather did not accompany them outside as they had much to discuss.

"Let's go to my house as that place is much safer to be used as a teleportation point." It was known that before teleportation, a space magician needs a couple of seconds before they are able to completely teleport away to their destination. This might be considered as fast for normal people, but experts can use this short interval to kill the space magician casting the spell. This couple of seconds leaves the space magician open to attacks.

Orville looked at Milana with appreciation as he continued to walk side by side with her. Max was a couple of steps away from them, it was customary in their world to give priority to elders. Their positions are higher, therefore, giving them space and not walking in front or beside them shows respect to the elders.

1